Hasler should ‘pay back’ money from the 2017 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ha ha ha no unfortunately that's not how the big world works. What a dick head the guy is that wrote this.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We should start a class action against Des for mental anguish and suffering lol. Players should sue him for restriction of trade.

Although id be happier paying Des $1million dollars NOT to coach us, than paying him that to stay.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should start a class action against Des for mental anguish and suffering lol. Players should sue him for restriction of trade.

Although id be happier paying Des $1million dollars NOT to coach us, than paying him that to stay.
I blamed my hypertention & anxiety on Des

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

DES HASLER/BULLDOGS | IMO

MrLuke Sports
Published on Oct 10, 2016

There's lots of rumours floating around about Des Hasler and the Bulldogs and i thought i'd give my thoughts on him as well as the team as a whole. Enjoy!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.zerotackle.com/des-hasler-pay-money-back-not-chase-30475/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=NRL+Gossip

I know that Dan Nicholls has about as much journalistic credibility as Rolf Harris does a kindergarten teacher, but I thought the Kennel May enjoy the article based on the sentiments I have seen expressed over the last 24 months.

Enjoy.
I don't know why the other fuckwits on that site making comments are giving Nicholls so much shit. He's on the money. Des was a fraud. Anyone who thinks Des deserved to get a million a season for making the top 8 out of 16 teams most years and getting out coached in 2 grand finals is a moron

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He got this idea from someone that posted that very comment the other day.
Bit of a difference between a fan making an offhand comment on a forum and someone sticking a byline to their opinion! Haha. I’ve said similar shit myself. Of course I know it will never happen and the world doesn’t work that way. People can be hyperbolic on the net at times. But I definitely don’t think that donkey has been earning his money. He’s been taking us for a ride... which is ultimately the club’s fault.

Anyway,,Hasler’s a disingenuous wanker who goes through the motions and any club that signs him in future is insane.....Unless they sign him on an incentive based contract.

Yeah the article is horsehit.... and so is Haaler’s coaching.

Former coach, now professional litigator.

What a fucking loser!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"In 2016, the Bulldogs posted a total of 360 points across their 22 games (with two byes). To put that into perspective, the Knights scored 428."

he got no idea what year it is. lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think most people have it wrong.
Des was not a fraud, or a bad coach.

The answer, at least to me, is clear and simple.

Des WAS a good coach, he fortified a siege mentality amongst Manly and got them to play for each other. He engineered some clever tactical backroom analysis tactics not seen before.
When he came to the dogs, he had great success with the ball playing steamrolling forwards. It was effective and somewhat original. He also lobbied successfully to get the most advanced technical facilities in the league.

The problem was, he was a two trick pony.
He couldn’t reinvent himself when teams figured him out. He was out of ideas. He could change once, but couldn’t again. He also didn’t have a great eye for talent, but that’s ok as you should rely on your recruitment staff for that.

Sport is littered with these examples of shelf life expiration. Success in sport is often categorised or defined by catching the opposition off guard and by complete surprise, before the rest of the pack catches up, studies it, and counters.
Logically, you can’t expect someone with a good idea to keep coming up with fresh groundbreaking ideas again and again.
Same way you couldn’t turn a prop into a centre and then into a fullback.

In summary,
A good coach. Just figured out by opposition. Ran out of ideas Circa 2015.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Des WAS a good coach, he fortified a siege mentality amongst Manly and got them to play for each other. He engineered some clever tactical backroom analysis tactics not seen before.
When he came to the dogs, he had great success with the ball playing steamrolling forwards. It was effective and somewhat original. He also lobbied successfully to get the most advanced technical facilities in the league.

He couldn’t reinvent himself when teams figured him out. He was out of ideas. He could change once, but couldn’t again. He also didn’t have a great eye for talent, but that’s ok as you should rely on your recruitment staff for that.

Sport is littered with these examples of shelf life expiration. Success in sport is often categorised or defined by catching the opposition off guard and by complete surprise, before the rest of the pack catches up, studies it, and counters.
Logically, you can’t expect someone with a good idea to keep coming up with fresh groundbreaking ideas again and again.

In summary,
So generally speaking not a good coach but an average one at best.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

In summary,
@Nasheed Rugby League is (sadly) a sport that constantly changes in terms of rules and therefore tactics. A good coach can adapt his teams skill set and play as the game changes. A bad coach cannot do this.

Given this, which category do you believe Hasler sits in?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
@Nasheed Rugby League is (sadly) a sport that constantly changes in terms of rules and therefore tactics. A good coach can adapt his teams skill set and play as the game changes. A bad coach cannot do this.

Given this, which category do you believe Hasler sits in?
He’s the Jerry Lewis of the rugby league World.

Jerry Lewis can make mad faces and shit and if you like that you’d find him gold.
When you want something new, Jerry isn’t going to make fun of life, gays, society etc. you’ll need to move onto Dave Chapelle or someone.

Does Hasler is Jerry Lewis.

Dean Pay is Dave Chappelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.