Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Parker's not a forward? Or Farah? Or any other number of forwards in this competition above the age of 30? I've made my point above, and I won't make it again.

The complaint is that since Williams' arrival, Pritchard's minutes have decreased big time. I have already acknowledged this season as a write-off for Frank because of injury. In 2012, we carved every team up and should have won the premiership. In that season, Frank was a wrecking ball on the left edge and guess what, he played 50+ minutes in 17 regular season games. Eight times he played 80 minutes.

Nobody is is asking that Frank becomes an 80 minute player again, but the guy should be starting, and he should be getting at least 25-30 minutes a half. One does not need a massive engine to play on the edge. It's a waste for him to spend half a game on the sideline, especially when Williams is so ineffectual playing the longer minutes, and in fact has always been best utilised in short impact spurts from the bench (e.g. at Manly 2011 or when playing for Australia).

Don't even mention the age argument again because it is ridiculous. The guy is still a month from turning 31. It's not 1992 anymore - guys don't retire at 30. They are professional athletes, fully capable of performing at the levels they train for.
Again, timing of the thread is weird. He was coming back from a 6 month break in the finals, and i was surprised he got through the minutes he did, he had to be short of match fitness. So the thread isnt about 2014. That means it isnt about the current situation. So i ask again, why is this thread, what is the point? Did you have the thought a year ago and it took this long to make the thread about it?

Malla

Reaction score
He looked out of shape coming back from injury.

Run Again Son

Waterboy
Reaction score
Again, timing of the thread is weird. He was coming back from a 6 month break in the finals, and i was surprised he got through the minutes he did, he had to be short of match fitness. So the thread isnt about 2014. That means it isnt about the current situation. So i ask again, why is this thread, what is the point? Did you have the thought a year ago and it took this long to make the thread about it?
Whoa, dude, wake up. It's very much about the present, as much as it is very much about 2015. It's obviously about how we are utilising Frank, how we used to utilise him, and how we might utilise him again. I feel it's very relevant as we consider ways we might improve next year. If 2013 is any indication, we can expect a fully-fit Frank to be back on unnecessary rotation, and I am arguing for other options to be explored.

By the way, Dognacious, I don't really need the whole "I see you've just signed up and started telling us about your old ideas" thing, either.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be so hard to be a footballer these days. If you get injured and are out for a significant period your so called loyal fans write you off as a has been who needs to retire or move out the way. Pathetically short memories some of you will have to eat your words when Frank is back tearing up next year consistently. BTW Trex is not better than Tank, he is lazy. If he had half the heart Pritchard did he would be unstoppable.

Run Again Son

Waterboy
Reaction score
It would be so hard to be a footballer these days. If you get injured and are out for a significant period your so called loyal fans write you off as a has been who needs to retire or move out the way. Pathetically short memories some of you
Thankfully BJD is not one of them. Cheers.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can sadly see Frank going to Superleague at some point in the near future. He is getting pretty old.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frank was one of our best when he was on the field

Coming back from injury maybe thats why hes on the bench

Im not a fan of Trex, too many errors again on Grand Final Night

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Whoa, dude, wake up. It's very much about the present, as much as it is very much about 2015. It's obviously about how we are utilising Frank, how we used to utilise him, and how we might utilise him again. I feel it's very relevant as we consider ways we might improve next year. If 2013 is any indication, we can expect a fully-fit Frank to be back on unnecessary rotation, and I am arguing for other options to be explored.

By the way, Dognacious, I don't really need the whole "I see you've just signed up and started telling us about your old ideas" thing, either.
if frank stays uninjured and fit who knows what happens in 2015. Des obviously meant to use him plenty this year making him co captain pre season. Tank got injured for 6 months. End of that idea. And you said he isnt being used enough, not won't be used enough in future.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
if you cant find 2013 stats whats the use of this thread?

2012 - you have the times there

2013 - no data

2014 - injured most of the year

is this a i hate t rex thread or a give franky more of a go thread?

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Oh, also, another reason is due to the absence of Kasiano (injury), Des has had to use Frank in a similar way.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
What a wit you are.

The disrespect started upon Williams' arrival, despite Frank's consistent excellence playing big minutes in 2012.

As for this season, I've acknowledged it has been a write-off, but that said, we waited 50 minutes for him to get on the field in the GF. Match-fit or not, we were getting bashed and the guy is an experienced international, oh, and also a former co-captain. He was never going to let us down and of course, as was always going to be the case, as soon as he got on the momentum started to swing.

By the way, I didn't see Frank costing us the GF with a pathetic attempted tackle on George Burgess.
So when we get down to it you just hate TRex?
Why not name your stupid little thread I hate TRex instead of trying fabricate some half baked evidence that Tank has been disrespected? Perhaps Des promoting Jackson to a regular starting spot is also disrespectful and should therefore be frowned upon.
When you cut through all your crap and passionate rambling you have absolutely no facts. You have no stats from last year that prove his minutes were drastically cut just some nonsense about a "needless second row rotation" and as you said yourself numerous times this year was a write off? So why the **** are how arguing and insulting people when your whole argument can be summed up with one sentence: "I hate TRex and have a boner for Pritchard."

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Frank was a starter until he got injured. Your off your meds if you expected him to come straight back into the starting line up after such a long lay off. How do you know how fit he is? Were you there at training every week?
Calm down a bit fella

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would say they are all past their peaks but the point is they are still excellent players, as is Pritchard. As for Williams, he might be 5 years younger but he certainly does not "do the job just as good". We are not getting the best out of Frank or T-Rex at the moment, because neither are being used appropriately. We seem to have settled for Williams' mediocrity while forgetting how consistently potent and clever Pritchard is. The balance is always out when Pritchard and Williams are on the field together, and Williams has shown in the past how explosive he can be from the bench when his role is pared back and he does not need to think.
i MUST agree with RUN AGAIN SON... T Rex is at beast a bench player and may develop into a starter but at this point in Time my Starters would be Tank, Jackson and The Beast. Front rowers pick themselves with Graham and Tolman plus new signing Michael Liccha.

Bench would be T Rex, Finucane, Klemmer and Kasiano..

What a rotation this is with Power and skills to burn off the bench.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Frank was a starter until he got injured. Your off your meds if you expected him to come straight back into the starting line up after such a long lay off. How do you know how fit he is? Were you there at training every week?
Calm down a bit fella
I think he might have been at training, hiding in a locker, waiting for Frank to drop a dirty towel so steal and sniff it

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Frank's one of my favourite players no doubt but while he is getting on, he is still a great player, but being played for the 80 isn't necessarily a giant sign of respect and likewise, being benched isn't necessarily a massive disrespect. Kasiano got prop of the year in 2012 but he didn't play a 80.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frank Pritchard is 31 and T-Rex is 26. Time to move forward and let Pritchard go. His best days are behind him.
Hard to say with that pec tear, when he is wound up and fit he is a force, the injury curse bit us hard this year but we still went to the end.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Frank Pritchard is 31 and T-Rex is 26. Time to move forward and let Pritchard go. His best days are behind him.
Admittedly, I believe that "Run Again, Son" has a very strong liking of Frank Pritchard and a bit of a dislike of T-Rex.

However, you're on the other end man, every thread you decide it's a great idea to say "sack Pritchard"

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler respects the club and the team and does what is best for the club and team,
It's not disrespectful to any individual when decisions are based on what's best for the team,

Run Again Son

Waterboy
Reaction score
Admittedly, I believe that "Run Again, Son" has a very strong liking of Frank Pritchard and a bit of a dislike of T-Rex.
Slick, I note that you're a Pritchard fan, and appreciate your comments thus far.

However, just to clarify, this is not a Pritchard vs Williams debate at all. I like T-Rex but believe he would offer us greater value by providing impact from the bench. It was in this role that he shot to prominence at Manly and he has always been used this way for NSW and Australia. Similarly, with Frank hopefully fully fit again next season, I believe he is a better starting option on the left edge and can still give us 50-60 minutes each week.

The cat amongst the pigeons has been Jackson's tireless and skilful performances this season. He was a bench player until Pritchard was injured. It is now clear, however, that Jackson deserves to start, and that he should play at least 70 minutes each week.

With this in mind, and for the reasons given, I would rather see Williams' game time reduced to 30-40 minutes than Pritchard. I disagree that replacing one with the other is a "like for like" swap because Pritchard is a more rounded and intelligent footballer who can offer us more by playing greater minutes. If Williams is only going to get back and run onto the ball a few times a game, we don't need him sitting out there getting in the way and taking up space and doing his clunky chain passes when Pritchard could be contributing more meaningfully and fluently as part of our attacking structures.

Anyway, we are going around in circles it seems, so it is probably best to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.