Hasler Names Season Opening Side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hasler will be without regular first graders Greg Eastwood (foot), Tim Lafai (hand), Sam Kasiano (ankle) and Krisnan Inu (jaw) but will have handy replacements with Corey Thompson (NRL debut), Chase Stanley (Bulldogs debut) and Pat O’Hanlon (Bulldogs debut) all set to make their first appearance in the blue and white.

The two-time Premiership winning Coach is looking forward to the competition starting this week.

“It’ll be a good build-up, a good start to the year so I hope plenty of fans come out to ANZ Stadium to have a look,” Hasler said.

“We’ve got a few players injured but the players that will replace them are looking forward to the challenge and it’s a good opportunity to blood some players.”

There are still plenty of tickets available so please visit ticketek.com.au to purchase your tickets.

1. Sam Perrett
2. Mitch Brown
3. Josh Morris
4. Chase Stanley
5. Corey Thompson
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis ©
10. James Graham
11. Frank Pritchard ©
12. Tony Williams
13. Dale Finucane

14. Josh Jackson
15. Pat O’Hanlon
16. Tim Browne
17. David Klemmer
19. Moses Mbye

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2014/03/04/hasler_names_season_opening_side.html

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would've loved to have seen MBye get a start but being named 19th man obviously means he's close

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
As expected. In before the Perrett bashing..

Hope Perrett has a blinder.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That is one of the weakest backlines in the whole competition....
I will still be cheering for the dogs though...

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks as though Des is still intent on starting T-Rex on the run-on.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And a fullback has been picked on the wing. I won't be surprised if Thompson ends up swapping with Perrett

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting to see O’Hanlon get a start over Maitua

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not at all sold.

Anyone else a tad worried?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thankfully for us the Broncos have Maranta and Copley in their backline and they have no proper halves.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
that team doesn't really get me excited about the start of the footy season......it fear it will be the same as when we faced Mason and when we faced $BW......I think will get rolled in this one

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bench ain't much better either. Really getting over half our forward back out injured every week.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm guessing Thompson is our new FB. This the kid we bought last year as a back up to Barba?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Still better than our oppositions. Not much we can do when we lose 3 outside backs before the season starts

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Honestly there are so many mopey pessimists on here it's ****ing depressing listening to the negative dribble of some people.

Our hands have been tied by injuries, big shit get over it. I'm excited to see Thompson play. Oh but I wanted Templeman or Phillips, oh boo hoo. If Des thought they were up to it right now they'd be there.
Reynolds is fit and will be raring to go, we have 2 internationals in the back line and a club debutant. All things worth being excited about.

Our forwards are much stronger than this time last year. So Eastwood and Kasiano are out. That just means more opportunity for Finucane and Klemmer. Pat O'hanlon played well in the 9's which had many people calling for him to make the team. Now that he is it must mean that Burr is on the outer.

FMD

dogs_of_war89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So once our injured players are back i am assuming Thompson, stanley, ohanlon and brown will drop out of the side. Dont see jackson or klemmer being dropped for maitua. Only way moses mbye is going to get a shot is in the halves for hodkinson if he doesnt perform

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, not a terribly great backline. No deathriding as Lafai and Inu would make a difference and we have a good forward pack even though we have a few injuries. If they get us moving then hopefully we can create some points from the 1/2s. I would love to see some enterprising play for trent.

Just want to see good go forward and fewer mistakes than last year and avoiding giving the opposition easy metres
Regardless I will be on the edge of my seat yet again and cheering all the way.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity who are these two backline internationals?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We could've easily had a better backline with-

1- Phillips/Templeman
2- Sila
3- Stanley
4- Morris
5- Perrett

or

1- Phillips/Templeman
2- Stanley
3- Mbye
4- Morris
5- Perrett

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I watched Perrett in the trial match against the storm, he is at best a mediocre fullback, offers absolutely nothing in attack whatsoever, His positional play when we were attackin Storm line was atrocious. Templeman/Philips/Thompson would have been a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.