Hasler insists all Manly players buy an iPad to watch video footage as homework

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
LMFAO ... why do I get the feeling Manly could turn into an absolute shit show of a team this year, and leave Des with one last gigantic "FUCK YOU" to the league world, before they sack him.

I'd piss myself laughing if it happens, given the apparent gushing over the return of Des.

I dunno.... is he in it for the job, or is he still seething for revenge after their club fucked him around years ago.
Not much further down for them to go, they did finish 15th last year :laughing:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
At least get them Microsoft surfer pros.

Don't force them buy overpriced shitty pieces of plastic that will break within the year

(actually it's manly so they deserve it)
If they buy Surface Pros they'll be fucked in less than a year. Most unreliable pieces of shit ever made. Seriously. If you want quality HP Spectre X360 (or equiv) or the Elitebooks. Total sex.

I forsee the next article "Des frustrated as players forgoe training to watch Red Tube and play Fruit Ninja".

Can't wait for the season to start and we can see if Des is truly in it "for Manly", or "for revenge" :D

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doesn't every club do video analysis?

I still can't believe how quickly Hasbeen got a job after setting us and Manly back years and years with his "tactics", brainwashing and backending everyone's deals...

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des wants to be able to send his spine footage of mbye playing in every position, to show em hows its done. Manly are fucked.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder what Des does with all the unnecessary statistics that he collects like recording the number of male/female that call into the radio stations on his drive to work.

That crap didn't work for us.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He probably wants all the players to have these so he can eavesdrop via microphone and camera in their daily lives, and constantly annoy them by posting cat videos on their Whatsapp group :D

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I wonder if Des is showing Tapau J Trbo and Blake footage of Tolman so he can highlight the areas that the best prop in the world dominates

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL Des hasn't changed!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=85366e5a60314620fc006b5cc33b1c70-1550467592

Don’t tell Des Hasler this but Api Koroisau can only keep his focus for about 10 minutes before his thoughts drift from the intense analysis taking place in the Sea Eagles’ video sessions. “Api is definitely the number one hater of video,” laughs Manly veteran Jorge Taufua. “Api doesn’t watch video. Like 10 minutes in he just zones out. It’s not like he’s stupid, he’s the smartest guy, but he just doesn’t need that much.” This is a symptom, maybe, of the countless pre-season hours spent watching clips — addressing mistakes and missed opportunities, and sometimes highlighting the plays and movement that Hasler wants to see more of.

“Api is definitely the number one hater of video,” laughs Manly veteran Jorge Taufua.

“Api doesn’t watch video. Like 10 minutes in he just zones out. It’s not like he’s stupid, he’s the smartest guy, but he just doesn’t need that much.”

This is a symptom, maybe, of the countless pre-season hours spent watching clips — addressing mistakes and missed opportunities, and sometimes highlighting the plays and movement that Hasler wants to see more of
“Api is definitely the number one hater of video,” laughs Manly veteran Jorge Taufua.

“Api doesn’t watch video. Like 10 minutes in he just zones out. It’s not like he’s stupid, he’s the smartest guy, but he just doesn’t need that much.”

This is a symptom, maybe, of the countless pre-season hours spent watching clips — addressing mistakes and missed opportunities, and sometimes highlighting the plays and movement that Hasler wants to see more of.

Video work is nothing new of course, it’s critical in holding players accountable.

But Hasler, often referred to as the ‘mad scientist’ for his calculated approach to coaching, has taken it to a “new level” according to Taufua.

“He made us all buy an iPad and I was like ‘what the hell?’. Some of us have laptops or some of us might have iPads for the kids, but it’s not like it’s $50 it’s $1200,” he tells Foxsports.com.au shaking his head.

“So the video is next level... we all have homework on the iPad and I’m pretty sure they know if you’ve watched it or not. There must be something on his computer that tells him if someone hasn’t watched it.

“There’s video before and after our sessions and then we go home to watch it again. So, we’ve got to be on the ball when we rock up [to training] because if Dessie asks you a question and you don’t know the answer get ready for an earful.”

The 27-year-old, who has previously played under Geoff Toovey and Trent Barrett, is only having a lighthearted dig about the off-field study. He admits it’s helping his game.

“I hope the boys take something out of it, I definitely do. It’s good to know on a daily basis where you’re going wrong or what you’re doing well,” he offers.

Curtis Sironen explains that the players discuss the vision in good spirit, and there’s no negativity when they’re singled out as an example of what not to do.

“We’ve done a lot more video with Des than I have done previously. Even the minor things when you re-watch it, we’re highlighting it all a bit more,” he says.

“We’ve got a good leadership group who are pulling things up as well and helping guys out. It’s a good environment at the moment, it’s really positive, and even if you get told you’re doing something wrong you just want to get out there and fix it for your teammates.

“If you get used as an example you’ve got to take it on the chin, it’s nothing personal. I’ll put my hand up I’ve had a few, and big Joely Thompson’s had about a thousand — he loves coming out of the line and trying to smash someone,” Sironen grins.

Tom Trbojevic wouldn’t be singled out too often, but even he admits his game is improving because of this emphasis on video.

“Des is a very professional coach and he’s brought in some things like the iPads to watch video and hold ourselves accountable,” he says.

“I’ve really enjoyed doing stuff like that. You just want to learn as much as you can and play the best footy you can and that helps you do it.

“It’s more just send out clips that you’ve got to watch, and if you’ve done something wrong you have to think about it, analyse it, and discuss it when you see him.

“Or [we] just look at a clip and go, ‘do you think we should be doing this?’ So we can have an open discussion about it, which I think’s the good thing about it because he’s not just sending you clips where he says you did this wrong’, it’s giving you the chance to talk about it.”
This is just too funny when it is happening to someone else.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha hard case alright !! Let’s just hope they DO NOT do better than the mighty doggs this year .. because more than ever I want desball an the eagles to have a MEGA fucking fail and self implode.

GO DOGGIES 2019 and beyond .

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
manly probably rejected his request so he passed the cost onto the players.

Next session......

Des: I want each of you to buy your own Hyperbaric Chambers..
Hahah next session:
Guys please I want you all to get lobotomised so you turn into brainless zombies that do exactly as I tell you.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He only shows them 1 video him in his garage rolling around with all the money he got from the dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know why everybody is bagging Des.... Imagine how much video the likes of Cronk, Slater and Smith consume... that's why they are champions.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know why everybody is bagging Des.... Imagine how much video the likes of Cronk, Slater and Smith consume... that's why they are champions.
Exactly you think about how long they train for each day - giving them home work so to speak is probably a good thing and keeps Dylan walker away from video games
Honestly I expect manly to improve greatly this year there defence let them down last year and des will fix that. Plus they have a lot better spine than we ever had with des in charge I still hope we are ahead of them on the ladder

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll tell you all one thing,
I’ll be fucking pissed off if manly play decent footy

They better play safe and sound bat shit boring football