Hasler feels sympathy for Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler feels sympathy for Barba

Ben Barba's future remains clouded in mystery and speculation

Canterbury coach Des Hasler says he sympathises with Ben Barba's desire to leave the Bulldogs and return to Queensland for family reasons.

The reigning Dally M Medallist is keen to head back north of the Tweed, with both Brisbane and Gold Coast keen to sign the dynamic fullback.

Barba's former partner and two children are moving back to Mackay, and he has requested a release from his contract which still has two years to run.

The 24-year-old has been heavily criticised by many Bulldogs supporters via Twitter for his actions and, although Hasler is desperate for his star player to remain at the club, he knows he's fighting a losing battle.

"I don't know anything about Twitter, but is it a fair cross-section (of opinion)? Probably not," Hasler told Sky Sports Radio.

"The situation for Ben is a personal one. The situation for Ben is a concerning one and the situation for Ben involves real people in his life that he holds important."

"You have to feel sympathetic."

http://nrl.com/hasler-feels-sympathy-for-barba/tabid/10874/newsid/74216/default.aspx

The article now says that she is moving to Mackay? I've seen reports saying that his ex is moving to Brisbane?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Gutless trolls on Twitter are a disgrace

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Interesting Mackay? If that's the case then in today's travelling world there is no difference whatsoever between Sydney/Brisbane and Mackay!

I think Hasler sympathizes for the hole he's dug and the innocent people he has hurt but probably not on how he has handled it and lack of character that he has shown especially shitting on Hasler himself!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So really his only option is to play for the cows as playing for the broncos or goldcoast would mean he would have to jump on a plane to see them, it would only take an hour less then flying from Sydney.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly if she moves to mackay than it renders his whole excuse invalid.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1600K's to Mackay from Brisbane, I smell BS again!!!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler feels sympathy for Barba? Does he feel any sympathy for the fans? Seriously Hasler needs to read between the lines and toughen up. How can you have sympathy for a selfish, lying, arrogant prik!

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I feel sorry for him to (but not in a good way).

seems like some Broncos fans are parading all over social media...will seriously laugh if he joins the Cowboys or Titans.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Hasler would only be saying this to try and keep the peace with bulldogs fans after all the twitter abuse ben has got. he knows that the reaction he gives on this situation can calm bulldogs fans down. if he came out and lost his shit about barba that would just makes the fans attack him more and bring more heat on the club and team. and at this time of the year with us in 5th place that would be the last thing he would want

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There's two way to have sympathy remember, one is positive and the other is negative. The article does not say which way he means it..........I think its in the negative!

D

DoggyStylz

The article is a ploy.... making the dogs (as a whole) look like we care for the welfare of benny Barberous

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel sorry for him to (but not in a good way).

seems like some Broncos fans are parading all over social media...will seriously laugh if he joins the Cowboys or Titans.
Looking forward to round 26 when we finish the broncos season

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Takes 90min to fly from syd to bris .

Takes 90min approx to fly from bris to mackay

Wtf is goin on ?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I might have to repeat myself again.

Has anyone really asked where Ainslie wants to go/ is going??? Isnt she the reason Barba is moving to Qld, because she is taking the kids with her ?????

It is pretty obvious she is willing to go wherever Barba goes and if this is the case all this issue is a load of crap.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm over it just want a comp win soon

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So Brisbane aren't keen to pay a million anymore and all of a sudden Ainslie wants to move to Mackay hahah...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't wait until he is gone and we can wash our hands of this idiot.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Brisbane aren't keen to pay a million anymore and all of a sudden Ainslie wants to move to Mackay hahah...
Or whichever city is near the club with the highest offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.