Hasler denies contact with kurtley beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally I'd rather a Bulldog contract over an All Black hiding in the Rugby World Cup, any day of the week and twice on Sundays. As for Des our lovable but eccentric sports scientist his way to intelligent to give anything away at this stage. But when we finally do land a fullback this place is going to go into meltdown.

Some on here will say we have paid overs and they are not worth it, others will counter act with full on body blows, it will be another kodak moment I can see it happening lol

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
des had his worst poker face ever. Full stop

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Weren't you the one in another thread saying Beale had agreed to Dogs terms and all were only awaiting Nrl agreement?
Where did you get that from?
If you don't beleive it why post it without suggesting the source was unreliable etc?
Yeah he's right it was another user with a similar handle/name.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, better check your facts because you've got the wrong person. I don't have any sources, I don't claim to know any players or managers, I just post my opinion here, feel free to go through my previous posts if you like.
Sorry apologies.
It is another cbb user that has made those claims.
My Mistake

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is Gutherson still coming off contract this year? We were linked by someone to him, whether there was anything in that or not I'm not sure. I hope there was and still is as he'd be the perfect option at a fraction of the price of some of these Rugby guys who are likely using us, as every other manager in the last three years has, to drive their price up.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The title suggests hes denying a contract with Beale. I don't think anyone has said we were even close to signing him. Just that we were looking at him. We may look and not want too. If brown can play at fb the same as last week 3 out of 4 games avg im happy for him to be fb. We are equal first as is with players to come back yet.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i can't believe some people would rather Brown or Perret over Beale? are you farking me with a porcupine? how the fark could some people think like that? did your parents beat you with a cactus? wtf i dont understand

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Theory:
Greenberg still bleeds Blue and White.
Greenberg gave us Hasler, and you would imagine there is still a business and possible outside business friendship there.
Hasler denies contact with Beale.
Hasler spotted at Rugby.
Greenberg spotted talking to Folau and Moses.

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking here?

Might be a long shot, but it's possible that Beale is a smokescreen for Folau. Greenberg is talking to Folau about bringing him back to NRL, and if he decides yes, he'll head straight to Hasler??

?!?!?!?

B

BoonReturns

Theory:
Greenberg gave us Hasler, and you would imagine there is still a business and possible outside business friendship there.
Hasler spotted at Rugby.

Might be a long shot, but it's possible that Beale is a smokescreen for Folau. Greenberg is talking to Folau about bringing him back to NRL, and if he decides yes, he'll head straight to Hasler??

?!?!?!?
Folau at fullback would make us unbeatable. I think it's very unlikely everything you have stated above but I do hope it all comes to fruition

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Theory:
Hasler spotted at Rugby.

?!?!?!?
Izzy will not come back anytime soon. That is what he told me. Why would we need to make a smokescreen if we were to go after him anyway? Izzy will never be a bulldog, we had our chance.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It means that he hasn't spoken with Beale; but doesn't rule out that someone else from the club has.
Someone else like Noel Cleal, the head honcho of recruitment for the Bulldogs?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was Mitch Browns effort against the Storm a revelation? He sure looked a bit more exciting than Perrett.
Maybe Hasler was just checking out the Yawnion scene?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was Mitch Browns effort against the Storm a revelation? He sure looked a bit more exciting than Perrett.
Maybe Hasler was just checking out the Yawnion scene?
What I like about Browns efforts is that he is trying to play above his ability and it's slowly working for him despite some mistakes his positioning for kicks has been good, he is trying to loom in support for offloads, defending very well and takes runs using his size to his best. He lacks pace but you can't control that, he offers more then Perrett due to playing fullback during this newer era.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't he say the same about when he was in talks with Canterbury? I sense a smokescreen...
Yep. Same way that Shane Flannagan signed a new 2 year deal with the Sharks while his court order said "No contact with the club via direct or indirect means"

There's certain things in place that stop players from talking with other clubs. Not sure if anything is in place with Beale/Folau but with NRL players they aren't allowed to talk to any club until their last 6 months of their contract (or last season or something like that). Yet you see players asking for a release or asking to be able to negotiate then signing with another club 5 seconds later.

Everything goes on behind closed doors but to keep it legal you deny everything.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As far as I see it. Beale will cost less money than Folau and Australia can win without Beale. Australia can't win without Folau. Sign Beale, everyone's happy.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
As far as I see it. Beale will cost less money than Folau and Australia can win without Beale. Australia can't win without Folau. Sign Beale, everyone's happy.
Agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.