Hasler compared to other coaches since 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Clearly someone else is using Robbie Fowlers account. If not then his been hit on the head.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Don't care about the stats, no-one in here can convince me we are playing a good brand of footy or that we are playing any better than when Des first came to the club.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Imo our spine is the weakest of all top 8 teams and one of the weakest overall.
Hard to argue. Roosters, Broncos, Cowboys, Storm, Sharks, Rabbitohs and Dragons all arguable had a better spine then us this year hell so did Manly and Warriors. Even Tigpies, Raiders, Panthers have potentially a better spine next year too.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing that concerns me is the amount of high profile players Des has been able to attract to the club, or lack thereof. Obviously B Moz was the most prominent, but there has really been a lack of big name signings in recent years.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hard to argue. Roosters, Broncos, Cowboys, Storm, Sharks, Rabbitohs and Dragons all arguable had a better spine then us this year hell so did Manly and Warriors. Even Tigpies, Raiders, Panthers have potentially a better spine next year too.
There is a distinct lack of skill in our team.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing that concerns me is the amount of high profile players Des has been able to attract to the club, or lack thereof. Obviously B Moz was the most prominent, but there has really been a lack of big name signings in recent years.
Bmoz came because of josh, had nothing to do with the club or Des. Only big signing we got with Des was williams who turned out to be a dud.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rona is a big name now not when he was at Cowboys. Although I stated at the start of the year rona will shit all over Thompson and should get the first grade spot but everyone shot me down for saying that.
I won't ever forget this.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hasler needs to let his hookers run more and decide between Mbye/Reynolds at 5/8. If he picks Reynolds then put Mbye at fullback to give us a playmaker there. If he picks Mbye at 5/8 then release Reynolds. Put BMoz back on the wing to combinate with his brother. Sign a proper halfback. Have Lichaa start at hooker with Cook off the bench.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not necessarily he played 5-6 games then when he signed with us got dropped
He didn't get dropped because he came to us, he got dropped because he wasn't setting the world on fire.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't care about the stats, no-one in here can convince me we are playing a good brand of footy or that we are playing any better than when Des first came to the club.
There's not much point comparing Hasler to other coaches. Just look at what he's brought to the table at the Bulldogs.

No game plan
No kicking game
No speed off the line defence
No aggression in defence
No set plays
No variation
Unable to score in opposition red zone
Body language indicates low morale
Apparant lack of fitness
and...
Tolman hits it up one out on the 4th or 5th play

A glaring example of Hasler's failure is how Mick Ennis was reinvented as a dummy half / playmaker in life without Hasler.
Already Lichaa has had his attacking flair snuffed out; how long before it happens to Damien Cook?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers had a better spine than us this year as well. I struggle to find any team whose halves are as clueless as ours. Hell the Knights will have a better f*cking spine than us next year. We might have a strong squad espeically in the forwards but thats akin to buying a Ferrari for a race then giving it to a guy with down syndrome to drive it in the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.