Opinion Has Thompson been a flop or does he need better halves to work with?

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only good thing about his effort yesterday is that we won’t need to waste any water washing his kit for next week....it’s still clean.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure what jersey number has to do with taking hit ups, there's not a lot of distinction between lock and prop these days, most people just call them middles. Watch pat Carrigan from the Broncos, he's technically a lock but in reality is just a smaller more mobile prop who makes 150m a game in a struggling team
Nah locks different now. A few years ago it was middles. But now you have the likes of Radley and Murray who aren't your traditional middle forward of a few years ago, when the lock was basically a third prop. Neither is Elliot for us.

If there was no difference why havnt they put any of the other props there?

I agree with you somewhat, but I think its hes being used terribly more than anything. A terrible structure that revolves around plodders like Napa and Tolman.

I dont care they're paying him either, 1 dollar or a million, just use him correctly.

Last edited:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a learning curve for him. He's the type of experienced player who'll asses his game at season's end and work on it in his own time. His arrival was extremely disruptive and he's potentially playing under 4 different coaches in 6 months including his time in St Helens.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where has this 800k figure come from. Surely the club isn't that dumb to have paid that much for him. I highly doubt that figure is correct. 600-700k I'd believe but not 800.
I believe that an 800K player should be playing more minutes.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol
have you seen the cattle around him.
Have you seen the ball hes been getting form Lewis
We dont even have a coach at present.
And he is one of our better players after never having played in the nrl, travelling form covid ridden uk, self trainning in iso etc.
How many dumb mistakes has he made? fuck all.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol
have you seen the cattle around him.
Have you seen the ball hes been getting form Lewis
We dont even have a coach at present.
And he is one of our better players after never having played in the nrl, travelling form covid ridden uk, self trainning in iso etc.
How many dumb mistakes has he made? fuck all.
Probably signing with us is his biggest mistake so far lol

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to have more game time. Hes an 80 minute player. We are going shit enough to just leave him on so he can get conditioned and ready for next year. Tolman needs to retire effective immediately. He should sign for the Mustangs back up home.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably signing with us is his biggest mistake so far lol
I know we are very poor at the moment. I really do beleive with 4-6 good signings, a real coach and for once an off season with a coach that knows footy we will be ok for next year. My biggest concern at present is there has only been 2 good signings so far. We need more by the end of the year going into the off season.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know we are very poor at the moment. I really do beleive with 4-6 good signings, a real coach and for once an off season with a coach that knows footy we will be ok for next year. My biggest concern at present is there has only been 2 good signings so far. We need more by the end of the year going into the off season.
I'm not worried about not getting more signings, yet. As you can see things change (Staggs and TPJ). Then you have the Warriors and Cowboys new coaches who may not want some players. So i don't mind us waiting to see what shakes loose.

I think they'll happen mate.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This dude is an absolute fraud. Weak as piss runs, terrible defender. Imagine paying around 900k for a such a weak ball carrying prop, absolute shambles.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to get Graham back at the club in some capacity as soon as his deal with St.Helens is up. He'd get the most out of Thompson and put some mongrel and starch into him and the rest of the pack.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This dude is an absolute fraud. Weak as piss runs, terrible defender. Imagine paying around 900k for a such a weak ball carrying prop, absolute shambles.
It's way too early for that type of talk. He's been fine in some games and been playing within himself. He hasn't had the impact we'd hoped but coming midseason after a quarantine, a coaching change and joining a wooden spoon team is a horrible preparation...

Hopefully he gets 65 plus minutes, is used wider of the ruck and told to offload at will and we'll see the best of him... Either way no one should write him off after five games and until he's had a full offseason with Baz.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He needs to have more game time. Hes an 80 minute player. We are going shit enough to just leave him on so he can get conditioned and ready for next year. Tolman needs to retire effective immediately. He should sign for the Mustangs back up home.
the old Macleay Valley Mustangs never liked that club lol well one person in particular that was in charge when I was there... Dunghutti Broncos were so much better but sadly they don't exist anymore.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Coach isn't using him properly and his has no genuine ball players or quality middle forwards around him with To'Omaga out... some people like Ogden but he's shit too.
I think you’ll be eating your words re Ogden next season. He’s actually going ok with his limited opportunities this year.