Opinion Has Thompson been a flop or does he need better halves to work with?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
From the five game sample size I'd say a flop. Isn't a metre eater. Yet to offer anything in attack. It looks like he's playing reserved. Not even sure if he should be in the middle. He's starting to look like a second rower to me. The worry is he's reportedly on 800k so he has to be one of the best forwards in the game on that money.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see him running lines of Foran, but whilst rfm is running decent lines it would be wasted

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
6 runs for 47 metres in 50 minutes is unacceptable for any middle forward, let alone one on 800k...

Sure he isn't being used properly and is part of a struggling team but he's not playing well enough plain and simple. Hopefully this game is rock bottom and we see something closer to the player they paid all that money for in the coming weeks.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I always thought it wouldn't be in his favour joining the club mid year in a disastrous season. I think he would have been better starting fresh in the preseason.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From the five game sample size I'd say a flop. Isn't a metre eater. Yet to offer anything in attack. It looks like he's playing reserved. Not even sure if he should be in the middle. He's starting to look like a second rower to me. The worry is he's reportedly on 800k so he has to be one of the best forwards in the game on that money.
I think you've made a great point being that he isn't a metre eater, he's more of an impact forward who's trying to pick the right moments to run, he needs to roll the sleeves up and just have a run

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We got ourselves into salary cap player and spending $800k who touches the ball a few times won’t get us out of it. We seem to have a history of going for the wrong players not helping us score points. Our number 1 priority should be on changing our whole spine - only then will we start seeing positive results

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Won't write him off this quickly.

He's been in our top 3 pretty much every week since joining.

Give him a full off season, new coach, front row position and time for him to study the opposition players better and he'll come good.

He's exceeded expectations for 2020 as far as I'm concerned.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I always thought it wouldn't be in his favour joining the club mid year in a disastrous season. I think he would have been better starting fresh in the preseason.
Myself and a few others got shot down when we weren't happy he is playing this year with these shit c***s.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Coach isn't using him properly and his has no genuine ball players or quality middle forwards around him with To'Omaga out... some people like Ogden but he's shit too.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’ll be on his way home before the season is out. He will do another Doug Laughton, leave the hire car at the airport and fly back home before anyone is the wiser.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be honest haven’t seen anything to suggest to me this guy any different to what we already have. I mean seeing his highlights over in the SL compared to what I’ve seen so far him playing here is 2 different cats...
Agreed. I was thinking of making this same thread. He has been solid, but nothing amazing whatsoever.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Won't write him off this quickly.

He's been in our top 3 pretty much every week since joining.

Give him a full off season, new coach, front row position and time for him to study the opposition players better and he'll come good.

He's exceeded expectations for 2020 as far as I'm concerned.
How has he been in our top three every week? Maybe one or two weeks towards the bottom of the top three but that's about it.