Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How about we just sack Des?

DOGSOFWAR89

Waterboy
Reaction score
STOP BEING A BUNCH OF BITCHES AND GET READY FOR 2017!! GO THE DOGGIES #BRINGON2017

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I cant claim to be a lifelong bulldogs fan like most of you but I can assure you my love for the team is solid.

But lately I've lost that passion and faith , much like when a partner has lied to you

You still love them but the trust, faith and passion is going , you see their faults and you realise they're not the team you fell in love with
I started my love affair with the bulldogs on a wet thundery Friday night on July 22nd 2011. Never watched a live game of footy in my life and was only there to watch my sons halftime match.

I recall seeing this quick and exciting player making some great runs and then after a toe for toe game of 7 all came the golden point extra time. We won 8-7 , the crowd erupted into hysteria . I loved it, we went to the next few games too. It was an exciting time. Then 2012 happened WOW that was amazing!

2013 was still exciting and 2014 was Just mind blowing coming from 7th place to the GF.

However The cracks started showing mid 2015 Good Friday but I reasoned that nobody's perfect so I still held them high on a pedalstool ..but then THAT game against the cowboys in 2016 where we got raped at 36-0 was just like walking in on your partner with another woman. The excuses were coming in thick and fast , ok so it wasn't really their fault they'd got invited the cowboys place for a coffee but were gang raped instead hmmmm.

Ok I'll accept that it could happen to anyone I guess , surely that was a one off.

I mean they assured us they were working on it and yes things were going ok for next 3 weeks ,promises were being made , the trust started to rebuild , we were really starting to get back on track and then out of nowhere its like they just gave up !
4 straight losses when we had a real chance at making it to the big day!

I mean I'm only human , how can I put my trust back into this team? Its heartbreaking , disappointing and I don't know if the spark will ever come back.
Wolfy I agree with everything you say. There is nothing wrong with the boys or mateship of the team, it's more or less mainly about the hierarchy within our club, and fan morale perhaps at an all-time low. It's a combination of things.

I will say this... while Des isn't the ideal man for the job, we're not in a position to terminate to contract and throw away $1.2 mil like that.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
just like Magic [Johnson] we've been fucked in the arse and are slowly dying

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
If this thread isn't the definition of a bandwagon fan I don't know what is. You've gone for the Dogs for 5 minutes ffs - I wouldn't even call you a fan.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this thread isn't the definition of a bandwagon fan I don't know what is. You've gone for the Dogs for 5 minutes ffs - I wouldn't even call you a fan.
Great, now your other brain cell must be lonely.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
now ask yourself..... are you being loyal.....or just fucking stupid?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whether someone has supported them for 60 years or 2 minutes, they are still Dogs fans.

So you want supporters like @Wolfmother to accept some of the total shit your team has dished up in the past few years.

Take my view with a grain of salt, seeing as I don't support the dogs.

To me the players have lost the passion of the Bulldogs jersey, team, colours etc. (The rot started when Des took over)

Some games, it looks like some players don't even want to be there.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether someone has supported them for 60 years or 2 minutes, they are still Dogs fans.

So you want supporters like @Wolfmother to accept some of the total shit your team has dished up in the past few years.

To me the players have lost the passion of the Bulldogs jersey, team, colours etc. (The rot started when Des took over)

What the fans expectations from their team is bloody simple, play with heart, passion and respect for the jersey and the fans that pay you to do your job! If they do those things and lose, the fans can at least say they gave 100%. The Bulldogs can't do any of these things!

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

the rot started when des took over but we made the grand final in his first year coaching us after missing entirely the previous year.
If there is rot, it started long before des.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol lets bring back the magic hazem el magic I don't know maybe teach wingers how to not run away from the line cause that's were most tries were scored against us wing/centre position and maybe teach mbye how to goal kick better

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol lets bring back the magic hazem el magic I don't know maybe teach wingers how to not run away from the line cause that's were most tries were scored against us wing/centre position and maybe teach mbye how to goal kick better
I think you will find that most tries are scored on the edges for every team.

Status
Not open for further replies.