Has recent ISP form altered your best team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Deathspell this was your best team selection a few days ago. Still hold that opinion in light of some promising performances in ISP this week?

Mbye
B.Morris
J.Morris
Hoppa
Olive
JMK
Foran
Woods
Lichaa
Klemmer
Martin
RFM
Jackson

Interchange
Eastwood
Fualalo
Elliott
Holland

**Persist with Lichaa up to 20min mark.If in front go till half time.
I know Holland is an odd selection and not ideal....so this is the reason for his selection.

If behind,swap JMK for Lichaa,move Mbye to 5/8,Hoppa to fullback,and bring Holland at center.
Idea is to use 3-4 pass method in attack and normal formation in defense,ala Storm (atm also being tried by Saints,Wests and Sharks).

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1) mbye
2)bmoz
3)jmoz
4)hoppa (for now but he must improve)
5)holland/olive
6)foz
7)lewis
13)jacko
12)martin
11)rfm
10)klem
9)brown
8)woods
Bench- renouf t/francis t /ogden/king

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For what it's worth...my team :grinning:

1. Mbye
2. BMoz
3. Hoppa )
4. JMoz ) splitting them to strengthen R ...TBA when I change it back :grinning:
5. Olive/Holland
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Woods
9. Brown
10. Toomaga
11. RFM
12. Martin
13. JJ

JMK/Taulau (another chance) Ogden or Fine or Burr/Klemmer

Left out are Montoya/Elliott/Faulolo/Lichaa until their form warrants.

3 weeks to see if this helps or evaluate whether they get a new contract (or in the case of Lewis whether he is Bronco bound)

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1.Moses Mbye
2.Brett Morris
3.Josh Morris
4.Will hopoate
5.John Olive
6.Nu Brown
7.Kieran Foran
8.Renouf Toomaga
9.Jeremy Marshall King
10.David Klemmer
11.Rhyse Martin
12.Raymond Faitala Mariner
13.Josh Jackson

14.Lachlan Lewis
15.Danny Fualalo
16.Clay Priest
17.Francis Tualau
18.Ofahiki Ogden

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Mbye
2. B moz
3. J moz
4. Olive
5. Hopoate
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Klemmer
9. Brown
10. Woods
11. RFM
12. Rhyse Martin( fixes goal kicking issue, with brown and Lewis more points will be scored$
13. Jackson

14. To omaga
15. Tualou
16. Ogden
17. JMK ( hooker, five eight if need or can fill in backs right??)

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Mbye
2. B moz
3. J moz
4. Olive
5. Hopoate
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Klemmer
9. Brown
10. Woods
11. RFM
12. Rhyse Martin( fixes goal kicking issue, with brown and Lewis more points will be scored$
13. Jackson

14. To omaga
15. Tualou
16. Ogden
17. JMK ( hooker, five eight if need or can fill in backs right??)
What goal kicking issue - Mbye is averaging 81% this year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Those changes we've got Mbye, Brown and Martin for goal kicking.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Frawley and Martin not playing ISP means the will be in the 17 next week. Frawley at 7 martin and jmk bench

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who we pick we are shot and will lose and probably end up with the wooden spoon

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fear not. It's not the numbers that frighten people it's what you do with them.....
True, but I think it goes back to their high school days.As soon as they see a number they are lost, they panic,they start to shake,sweat starts pouring down.Then they come up with any opinion as if it justifies something and end up committing the argumentum ad ignorantiam, commonly known as the argument from ignorance.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Deathspell this was your best team selection a few days ago. Still hold that opinion in light of some promising performances in ISP this week?

Mbye
B.Morris
J.Morris
Hoppa
Olive
JMK
Foran
Woods
Lichaa
Klemmer
Martin
RFM
Jackson

Interchange
Eastwood
Fualalo
Elliott
Holland

**Persist with Lichaa up to 20min mark.If in front go till half time.
I know Holland is an odd selection and not ideal....so this is the reason for his selection.

If behind,swap JMK for Lichaa,move Mbye to 5/8,Hoppa to fullback,and bring Holland at center.
Idea is to use 3-4 pass method in attack and normal formation in defense,ala Storm (atm also being tried by Saints,Wests and Sharks).
Pay didn't pick my selections so it's academic, but for Brisbane. I'd drop Eastwood, he's no good as an interchange and his defense has dropped.He is of better value to the club lending his experience in ISP.Even though Montoya had a reasonable game, I'll still give Olive a run, with the ultimate goal of turning him into a 1st grade center.
Pay is either unwilling or unable to adapt to the 3-pass sweep (that most teams are slowly adopting) or he feels the players are not suited to it.Therefore I'll drop Holland and pick Brown for impact on tiring defense and use the double hooker interchange,like Canberra did 2 years ago and Souths last year. To achieve maximum impact from this play, the hooker first swaps with 5/8 to increase game temp:confused:nce this is achieved, introduce Brown and revert JMK back to 5/8. If Lichaa isn't skilled enough to adjust, Brown will have trouble achieving maximum impact.
If our attack is so bad that it has to rely on impact changes, other teams will adjust very quickly and we're back to the beginning.
So to fix our attack, we need to change our style,Foran has only created tries to the right.Because his forte is to take ball to the line,the defense,umbrella him on the left. We need a running 5/8 that can put this left rushing defense in two minds and can also handle 2nd row bombardment,Reynolds would have been perfect.The 5/8 will also be able to ignite our right, that is more suited to running,fast ,broken play then structured offense.
We might have no option but to try Lewis at 5/8 even though he's not ready.But first I would experiment in ISP and judge if Frawley and Cleeland can defend 1 on 1 against 2nd rowers.
Another option would be to play Mbye at 5/8,our attack can only to be fixed once we solve the half-5/8 combination, fullback is a stand alone position and easier to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.