Has our club got a profile problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So im scrolling through U-tube when I come across the after-party of the Souths/Dogs game in rd3 (last week)...

Out of interest who finds this entertaining, fun or an integral part of our well renowned passionate fan base and who finds this revolting?

As we spoke about with FRED on other threads, does the Drums cause to intensify this racial affiliation with the Club or is there a much deeper seeded rational behind this? If so do we remove the drums from the games?

Tbh I say yes! But then again I went and watched a Dragons/Sharks game this week and I was horrified by the lack of atmosphere from both ends from a game that is renowned for its anticipation and excitement. In other words lack of enthusiasm and zeal was a touch unsettling and rather dulled the experience...

As I talked about in other threads I was walking past the group when I spotted the Lebanese flag. I went in asked the girl to lower it, she passed it on to another girl, so I asked again, who in turn passed it on to a bloke... I asked him nicely to lower it, then changed my stance and asked to 'borrow it'... That’s when I smuggled it and walked to the car.
This is totally unacceptable. Shame on whoever still does this! Tbh it’s been getting alot better but the stench of ignorance is still ripe within the community.
(ive attached a pic... This is around the 2min mark in the vid)

Look we all know the problems, let’s hear some solutions...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m3ua3wfS0Q0&mode=related&search=

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.s Ive also thrown in some photos of troublemakers at games... They are nowhere NEAR the 'Bulldogs Army'. Notice their lack of Bulldogs Attire, in all photos. Are these troublemakers really Bulldog Supporters??

T

TdoggBulldog

i really dont have an issue with people believing our supporters are of a certain race.

or do i ever feel threatened at bulldogs games.

I do get angered by the constant reports about fights etc at our games, but i know it happens at all footy games, just ours are the only ones taken notice of.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
IMO, if they dont hurt anyone or cause trouble then act like retards then I dont have a huge problem.

But thats a big IF

M

Mr Miyagi

Yes we do.
Bulldogs are not lebanese.
If Greeks waved their flag around claiming to own the dogs I would tell them to get rid of the flag and get real

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
I have never been scared at bulldogs games but i know others who have each to their own i guess. Some fans won't attend dogs games. A guy at works kids support sharks. His kids were told to play in traffic and get hit by cars (charming i know) when they cheered when a sharks player scored since then they have not and won't attend dogs games. I have heard similar stories. While this happens at other teams games (eg a Easts v Dragons a drunken Dragons fan who should of known better he was about 50 abused 2 little kids behind me so the parents left the game early and took the kids home they were very upset) More things have happened at dogs games and i don't mean to be rude but your club for SOME reason attracts a lot of idiots.

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL rules state you are not allowed to have flags of national identities at games.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we do.
Bulldogs are not lebanese.
If Greeks waved their flag around claiming to own the dogs I would tell them to get rid of the flag and get real
Which is what happened.
But dude lets get into the nitty gritty more.
What measures -if any- can we (and the club) implement to reduce this?
Is the Drums (as good as they are atmosphere wise) the cause for this?

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody who takes a national flag, whatever country it is, to a club game is an idiot. it's not only us though.. i've seen a few italian flags hanging out of cars after dragons home games.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL rules state you are not allowed to have flags of national identities at games.

But the thing is, this was outside the stadium after the game.

I wouldnt want them waving the flag in the first place, mainly because they're acting like retards and I dont want Lebanon asscoiated with them.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Being an aussie I can see where peoples intimidation factors come into the equation. Leaving a game you could easily feel intimidated by the massive group of mainly arab guys and girls dancing and playing drums etc.

In a pic up there from the youtube freeze frame it makes me wonder why they have leb flag with them. Like seriously yeah it might be your heritage but you live in Australia now.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Which is what happened.
Even if no drums are allowed, people still will bring flags. It is stupid, but I don't think the drums are anything. They do add to the atmosphere and it would be stupid to take them away

M

Mr Miyagi

Which is what happened.
A two strike policy.
Give the trouble makers a warning.
Next trouble they vause they are baneed for 2 seasons from home games

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Depends what sort of drum though

Should just traditional Lebanese drums be banned

Status
Not open for further replies.