Opinion Has Foran earnt a new contract

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No use even talking about it. He wants a three year deal, there is no longer a deal on the table from the club. Hopefully he heads over to Manly.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always been a huge Foran fan but his comments about showing the club his appreciation for being on mega coin for 3 years whilst mostly injured then rejecting an offer outright was poor form and i believe the end of his Canterbury career. The fans won't support him now so he needs to go somewhere else imo.
I know there are other options out there and thankfully the club has moved on as we all can in a few more weeks.
100%,I’m happy for him to take other options,the club put forward its offer,he refused ,goodbye

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just give him the damn two years and if he really does get injured we medically retire him
He has injured or broken every bone in his body. It's bound to be a pre existing injury which you can't medically retire him.

Great decision that would be to re-sign him super coach

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thought 1 or 2 years.but after yesterday a big NO.
We need to get some speed in the halves.
Foran and lewis must have been the slowest half pairing in the comp.

The way foran dug his knees in when he scored I thought he was going get up injured

obe

Waterboy
Reaction score
NO.
If he is only going to be playing second fiddle to young halfbacks.
He should be leading the team in attack not the up and coming players.
It looks like there won't be any dominant and experience player coming to the club any time soon unless the club has the intensions of talking to Mortimer about postponing his retirement village plans and wear the blue and white one more time.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In the past 2 games. He has set up or scored 4 or so tries. Also the combination with Cogger, JMK and Joppa has meant for the first time all season we actually look capable of scoring some points. Although Cogger has been terrible in defence, hopefully they stick with this combo for the final games. If foran continues this sort of form and gets through the rest of the season I reckon a 1 to 2 year deal on about 500k a season is justified.
No...
The uncertainty of his fitness / injuries leaves unease feeling throughout the team !!!
It's time to move on Time for stability !!!

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He hasn’t done anything to warrant a new contract. Goes missing every game dogs are on bottom of ladder for a reason the attack is shithouse

Reactions: DT

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only Des would be deluded enough to sign him but I don't think Manly's owners will let him get away with it.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In the past 2 games. He has set up or scored 4 or so tries. Also the combination with Cogger, JMK and Joppa has meant for the first time all season we actually look capable of scoring some points. Although Cogger has been terrible in defence, hopefully they stick with this combo for the final games. If foran continues this sort of form and gets through the rest of the season I reckon a 1 to 2 year deal on about 500k a season is justified.
he does deserve a new contract. and we offered him a fair and reasonable contract all things considered, and he rejected it.
Perhaps we were too quick to pull it off the table.

I hope we have a plan B, cause our current halves are not going to lead us to any kind of heights tats is for sure.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
He’s earned 1 year

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im a little on the fence with this one. Either way, I think the club has made its decision anyway. I guess it depends on who we can sign to replace him.

Reactions: DT

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Blake Green ACL injury......facing retirement.
Foran to Newcastle or Manly.
Will probably score 3 tries against us next season.