Opinion Has Foran earnt a new contract

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
In the past 2 games. He has set up or scored 4 or so tries. Also the combination with Cogger, JMK and Joppa has meant for the first time all season we actually look capable of scoring some points. Although Cogger has been terrible in defence, hopefully they stick with this combo for the final games. If foran continues this sort of form and gets through the rest of the season I reckon a 1 to 2 year deal on about 500k a season is justified.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
no chance

Reactions: DT

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Was ok 1st half yesterday.
2nd half didn't play well.
He really is only 60 minute NRL fit.
It seems like the club has decided to walk away.

I think he has played well the last 7 weeks.
He will benefit by playing with a dominant halfback with a good kicking game and a decent pack of forwards.

I think he is living on the central coast with the new wife.
Manly or Newcastle probably?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No. Good to see the club not pandering. We are last. Which makes him look good in a beaten bunch

Reactions: DT

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d probably offer 2 years, 350k a year. Maybe a third in OUR option to sweeten it.

I believe he’d be better in a team of better players around him also.

I fear what the alternative is. Hopefully nowhere near Wakeham or Lewis or Cogger...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the past 2 games. He has set up or scored 4 or so tries. Also the combination with Cogger, JMK and Joppa has meant for the first time all season we actually look capable of scoring some points. Although Cogger has been terrible in defence, hopefully they stick with this combo for the final games. If foran continues this sort of form and gets through the rest of the season I reckon a 1 to 2 year deal on about 500k a season is justified.
I think we might be expecting a bit too much from him if we're expecting him to close out games with the team we have. Remember CHN was pretty effective running off Foran and he's gone. Our kick chasers even do a shit job most of the time. He's definitely not worth anywhere near a mil a season but if you look at his stats he's well above average for a half and definitely worth at least 400K - 500K a season for 2 more seasons IF he manages to finish this season without injury.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Time to move on the deadwood and start fresh. Fuck this injury prone ****. It’s to risky to resign him unless it’s a low, low offer. And fuck these fringe first graders like Holland, Montoya, JMK, Cogger, Lewis. We need to become heavyweights of the NRL again, so over the past fucking 5 years. I’d rather get lost in the woods again with Christopher god rest his soul than deal with another few years of shit

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always been a huge Foran fan but his comments about showing the club his appreciation for being on mega coin for 3 years whilst mostly injured then rejecting an offer outright was poor form and i believe the end of his Canterbury career. The fans won't support him now so he needs to go somewhere else imo.
I know there are other options out there and thankfully the club has moved on as we all can in a few more weeks.