HAS DES GOT THE MESSAGE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Today on the Bulldogs web page Jimmy dymock has declared that the dogs are working on
1. new structure in offence
2. new look team
3. high fitness level
Adding to that he quoted we have tinkered with the offence a little bit.
Could that mean
1. M. Mbye
6. J. Reynolds
7. J. Cleeland/M. Frawley
12. J. Morris
or
1. B. Abbey
6. M. Mbye
7. J. Reynolds
12. J. Morris
Your thoughts ?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all know too well. Des will never change. Des doesn't understand change. He hates the word "change". He banished the word "change" from his Vocab the day his parents asked him for the change after a trip to the corner shop to buy some milk.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye is staying at half with Reynolds, Cleeland is being trained as a Utility for the #14 jersey and Abbey is no hope for round 1 because Des loves his selfish Priest Hopoate

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could mean anything.... Just like your suggestions show...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. new structure in offence - aka Mbye and Reynolds have been practicing kicks.
2. new look team - aka Klemmer has hair, and other players had haircuts.
3. high fitness level - aka Eastwood, Klem, Graham and Kas slimming down.

In all seriousness though, Des missed the mark last year with the changes and got it wrong.

Offence - sharper and more focussed are the words I'm hearing tossed around from training.
New Look Team - lots of players have come into the pre season fully fit, and looking amazing and more mobile.
High Fitness Level - Matt Randall (strongman) has been doing a lot of work with the players, and I reckon much of the change can be attributed to him alongside our trainers. He's pushing the guys bigtime.

I'm not going to lie... Im excited to see how we enter the 9s and start of the season. I have this itching feeling we will come out of the blocks firing for once, instead of "just winning" games.

Hopefully a rocket up arses in the off season, and a new found determination amongst the players/club, will yield change.

Re Abbey - smokey for a wing position for the start of the year.

1. Bmoz
2. Abbey
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's all talk des won't change a thing his a stubborn mule.
This.

I laugh at the idiots here who think things will change this year. Things were busted last year, Des could have changed it but didn't.

He's as stubborn as an old goat and our players are thick as pig shit so expect to see halfback Tolman in action again.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Today on the Bulldogs web page Jimmy dymock has declared that the dogs are working on
1. new structure in offence
2. new look team
3. high fitness level
Adding to that he quoted we have tinkered with the offence a little bit.
Could that mean
1. M. Mbye
6. J. Reynolds
7. J. Cleeland/M. Frawley
12. J. Morris
or
1. B. Abbey
6. M. Mbye
7. J. Reynolds
12. J. Morris
Your thoughts ?

it took them 4 years to realise the same old shit doesnt work??!!

sack all the incompetent slow bastards!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's all talk des won't change a thing his a stubborn mule.
We have to remember, he's won grand finals at Manly as a player and as a coach he built a team of young no bodies to win it twice.
I know he's gone wrong with us but I am sure the guy is smart enough to realize that or at least I'm hoping.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. new structure in offence - aka Mbye and Reynolds have been practicing kicks.
2. new look team - aka Klemmer has hair, and other players had haircuts.
3. high fitness level - aka Eastwood, Klem, Graham and Kas slimming down.

In all seriousness though, Des missed the mark last year with the changes and got it wrong.

Offence - sharper and more focussed are the words I'm hearing tossed around from training.
New Look Team - lots of players have come into the pre season fully fit, and looking amazing and more mobile.
High Fitness Level - Matt Randall (strongman) has been doing a lot of work with the players, and I reckon much of the change can be attributed to him alongside our trainers. He's pushing the guys bigtime.

I'm not going to lie... Im excited to see how we enter the 9s and start of the season. I have this itching feeling we will come out of the blocks firing for once, instead of "just winning" games.

Hopefully a rocket up arses in the off season, and a new found determination amongst the players/club, will yield change.

Re Abbey - smokey for a wing position for the start of the year.

1. Bmoz
2. Abbey
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee
Mate.... im excited too.... we may not make the 8 but i think we'll change and at least be a bit more entertaining... and if we dont change, ahhh well will be a nothing year regardless.

Re your backlink.... i like hoppa in the centres, but bmoz will break at fb... i just dont know

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate.... im excited too.... we may not make the 8 but i think we'll change and at least be a bit more entertaining... and if we dont change, ahhh well will be a nothing year regardless.

Re your backlink.... i like hoppa in the centres, but bmoz will break at fb... i just dont know
No doubt he will break at fb, said it when we signed him. The last few seasons have showed us more than enough to know Brett should never be in the 1 jersey again, don't know why people keep naming him there. Hoppa and Abbey are our only options at fb for the time being and i expect Des to go with Hoppa. Lee at centre with Jmoz, Bmoz on one wing with Montoya/Smith/Phillips/Kennar/Stanley fighting for the last wing spot.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dymock also said there wasn't anything wrong with our attack until round 19 and after that it went bad because of ball control..........

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah that comment of his concerned me... we beat teams we SHOULD have beaten and failed to fire against most of the better sides.

Exactly..... I'm entering the 2017 season "glass half full".

We will either do well, or do shit. Last year was a disappointment, so either it'll be same same, or an improvement.

To me though, Des is too good a coach (and if people think he's stubborn his ego won't let him fail) to simply toss in the towel and get sacked (which is precisely what will happen if the team don't fire this season).

Re the backline... I can't see Des leaving Hoppa at fullback with his lack of dedication and Sundays off. Fullback is becomming an integral position for getting points on the board. Only way I see that changing is with medical advice that his (Bmoz) knees won't cope with the impact of jumping and running all the time. Hoppa is a temp fullback.... and looked shaky a few times this season. We simply cannot afford to have a part timer in the #1 jersey... it creates too much disruption.

ALTHOUGH there are a few dark horses in all this. Reimis Smith, Brad Abbey, Richard Kennar, Brenko Lee, Chase Stanley, Tom Carr. All will get a run in the Nines I hope, and quite a few of them are capable of playing fullback need be.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We have to remember, he's won grand finals at Manly as a player and as a coach he built a team of young no bodies to win it twice.
I know he's gone wrong with us but I am sure the guy is smart enough to realize that or at least I'm hoping.
We are all hoping but it's hard to see us change.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No doubt he will break at fb, said it when we signed him. The last few seasons have showed us more than enough to know Brett should never be in the 1 jersey again, don't know why people keep naming him there. Hoppa and Abbey are our only options at fb for the time being and i expect Des to go with Hoppa. Lee at centre with Jmoz, Bmoz on one wing with Montoya/Smith/Phillips/Kennar/Stanley fighting for the last wing spot.
T
I agree, The knee injury that kept J Morris out for most of last season will never allow him to dominate at fullback again,
Just look at the semifinal last year .

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are all hoping but it's hard to see us change.
I know time and game have changed but at the end of 1978
We lost 9 players to Newtown, 1 to Cronulla and 2 retired
Up came the reserve grade team, played the grand final narrowly missing being premiers 1979
then became premiers 1980
Can't loose faith !

Status
Not open for further replies.