Has Australia Post spontaneously combusted?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What has happened with Australia Post? It seems they have lost their way. Just no reliability in their service. Parcels going missing everywhere, delayed delivery of mail. It's like express post is the new regular post and regular post is a 50/50 chance of receiving an item .

Yes we are in a covid-19 pandemic but this is one business thriving in our current climate. Instead of stepping up to the plate they just drop their service.

I tested it out and ordered an identical item from the same supplier 2 days apart. I could see when the supplier shipped the items, same two days apart.

The second item turns up a week later and the first item is nowhere to be seen. Lodge complaints, tracking seems stalled for some reason.

It took another 3 weeks later for the first item to arrive.

Don't Australia Post have some sort of system? Do they literally just throw your parcels up in the air and wherever it lands someone picks it up and when they get round to it deliver.

They also seem to be coming less regularly, than before. Parcels at my house used to come 3 times a week, now if they don't show on a Monday, they don't come until next Monday at best.

Australia Post pull up your socks

Anyone else seeing how dreadful Australia Post are at the moment?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine works at a large retailer and had a big weekend of sales.. mostly online stuff. Sydney based.

They sent it all out on the Monday using Australia Post , one by one the customers started complaining, where my item.

They lodged complaints with Australia Post and the items simply disappeared. A few weeks later Australia Post get back to them and somehow a large shipment ended up in WA.. they were parcels send from Sydney to Sydney but ended up in WA. It was a nightmare as many were missing, but a few found in WA. Had to refund all the customers.

Australia Post does it again. Do they hire criminals to deliver parcels? For every one parcel delivered, they leave three in the back of their SUV?

Instead of the criminal being paid $1.50 per parcel delivered they keep the parcel worth $100

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'll spontaneously combust my foot up your ass.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for an item from England I ordered 2 weeks ago.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fastway couriers are fkn rubbish too. Probably the worst out of all of them.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were shit for a long time and they hired a CEO who did a great job in turning them around.
For some reason Pauline Hanson had an issue with his salary being so large despite him being maybe the first(I think) to turn them into a profitable and functional entity.
He’s now left and they’ve turned to shit. What’s worse is they just recently released some public service salaries and his was comparable to the heads of other government organisations.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never had much of an issue with them. But best to date for me is DHL. They are #1 for me

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Are you a postie? You must know they are a shambles. Surely the postie goes through the packages and keeps a few.
It would've been quicker to just head to the Cross and purchase your dildo from there. No waiting

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Fedex are great from overseas, I have stuff sent on a Thursday from Florida and it is on my doorstep on Tuesday. You pay for it, but it is very good.

DHL are very good.

AP has been pretty good for me (touch wood) never had a parcel go missing yet. Might have to do with which contractors are servicing which areas, surely there must be patterns emerging if there is stuff constantly going missing.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AP has been pretty good for me (touch wood) never had a parcel go missing yet. Might have to do with which contractors are servicing which areas, surely there must be patterns emerging if there is stuff constantly going missing.
I think the criminal posties have wised up to the fact that you dont need to sign for a package through covid. So they just don't bother delivering and the recipient takes it up with the sender ... Who then says wait a bit more due to covid, all whilst the postie is away with a clean pair of heels.

eBay end up refunding the buyer a good 2 weeks later and the seller don't know where to look.. they ring Aus Post and have to wait 2 hours to talk to someone only to be told did you take out insurance?

Criminal postie is chuckling at home whilst playing your PlayStation he didn't deliver and opening other packages like Tom Hanks on castaway

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered something from UK last week. Set for delivery today using pitney Bowes.

Australia Post can't get it done in a week Sydney to sydney

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As shitty as they are, I always get what I order

(albeit a month or two later if it's international but still, it always arrives)