Has anyone put pen to paper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there any official statements from the club regarding woods or foran at all ?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Everything is speculated in the media months before it happens, and in more cases than it should be, a lot of speculated things never happen. Thats why i dont get too excited (or disgusted), until i see a club announcement about anything. Like im not sold Foran is coming yet. He may come, but i dont believe it as fact yet coz the club has only denied it.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet. Contracts have probably been agreed to and are drafted up. Will likely be with the solicitors to ensure they are enforceable/what the parties have actually agreed to.

Then after they are signed, it won't be officially announced till after the 10 day window passes. Then knowing our club they'll wait till mid December to actually announce it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks that's all i needed to know .i got more solid information off a few posts than 20 threads.
Until the club says something im taking it as we dont have nothing yet.
Now its time for me to get back and enjoy what we got at the moment. With this new combination going that has sparked my interest in the dogs somewhat it may not be perfect but its given us hope and this season is still alive.

N

Natboy

I'm still just furious that Tedesco had agreed to terms with us before deciding to go to the rorters for allegedly less money.
That just shows what a fuck up our club has become

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reports that Tedesco has taken nearly $800k less then other offers to sign with the Roosters ...

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reports that Tedesco has taken nearly $800k less then other offers to sign with the Roosters ...
If that's the case then I highly doubt that everything is above board in his Roosters deal. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still just furious that Tedesco had agreed to terms with us before deciding to go to the rorters for allegedly less money.
That just shows what a fuck up our club has become
According to the media.

Being a Rugby League reporter/journo is no longer about reporting on the game, but about making up as much shit as you can to "get a scoop" and sell papers, gain clicks, or get followers.

It's become a joke.

Publish something about a club / player which is not proven, lose media access to that club, except via a media correspondent at each club.

The Nrl need to stop this bullshit.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If that's the case then I highly doubt that everything is above board in his Roosters deal. Doesn't make any sense at all.
Wests Tigers star James Tedesco sacrificed up to $700,000 to join the Sydney Roosters

WESTS Tigers star James Tedesco sacrificed up to $700,000 to join the Sydney Roosters — because he “wants to be the best.”

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the Roosters’ offer to Tedesco was actually third-best behind Wests Tigers and Canterbury.

Yet Roosters supremo Nick Politis and coach Trent Robinson still got their man.

A desire to play at the powerful Roosters and to “better himself” drove Tedesco — the incumbent NSW fullback — to a new four-year deal at Bondi.

Close friends to Tedesco claim the fullback has never been driven by money and his family are financially well-off through property development and investments in Sydney’s west.

“Wests Tigers could have offered him $2m a season and he wouldn’t have stayed,” said a close friend of Tedesco.

“James always wanted to go to the Roosters. The Roosters were the lowest offer. It had nothing to do with money — he wants to go there to better himself, to be a better footballer.

“He has this drive to be the best. He just wants to be the best.

“That’s why he is going there. It has nothing to do with money. People make it about money. James doesn’t live by pay cheques. It has to do with how the place is run and how he could better himself.

“When he reneged on Canberra (in 2014), he was told things would improve at Wests Tigers. He should have gone to Canberra.”

* Tedesco never signed with Canterbury.

“You have to ask why your captain and best player want to leave?” a friend close to the pair said.

“All of them were set to re-sign before the Wehbe drama blew-up. They were all set to sign. How could you stuff it up? All four would have stayed.

“All Wests Tigers had to do was keep Wehbe. They could have signed and gotten rid of him later. But once they got rid of him, that was it.

“That turned everything. ‘Woodsy’ is very tight with him.”

Tedesco was most impressed with Bulldogs coach Des Hasler during negotiations but eventually shifted to the Roosters.

Another source said: “He never backflipped on Canterbury because he never signed there.”

Tedesco has agreed to terms with the Roosters.

There is no doubt Tedesco will flourish at Bondi playing alongside Mitch Pearce, Luke Keary, Michael Gordon, Latrell Mitchell and Blake Ferguson.

Roosters legend and club official Anthony Minichiello will also mentor Tedesco, the pair friends from playing with Italy.

There is continuing speculation that the Roosters may though have to offload Shaun Kenny-Dowall, possibly to Newcastle, to accommodate Tedesco.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only people that have put pen to paper is the "reporters" writing their bullshit articles twice a day.

N

Natboy

According to the media.

Being a Rugby League reporter/journo is no longer about reporting on the game, but about making up as much shit as you can to "get a scoop" and sell papers, gain clicks, or get followers.

It's become a joke.

Publish something about a club / player which is not proven, lose media access to that club, except via a media correspondent at each club.

The Nrl need to stop this bullshit.
I don't trust the roosters or some media either but there is truth to this.
He was more impressed with how the roosters were run and this I know 100%.
I don't come out with much on here but you know any info I give i.e. Bmoz, Blake Ferguson etc is true

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really don't want Wehbe involved in our club. Hope Woods knows Des doesn't like other cult leaders in his hen house.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really don't want Wehbe involved in our club. Hope Woods knows Des doesn't like other cult leaders in his hen house.
You mean the 'dog house', otherwise we would be the roosters! Lol...

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well everyone keeps telling me Des is a Manly plant to destroy the club. A fox would be torn to shreds in a Dog house.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wests Tigers star James Tedesco sacrificed up to $700,000 to join the Sydney Roosters

WESTS Tigers star James Tedesco sacrificed up to $700,000 to join the Sydney Roosters — because he “wants to be the best.”

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the Roosters’ offer to Tedesco was actually third-best behind Wests Tigers and Canterbury.

A desire to play at the powerful Roosters and to “better himself” drove Tedesco — the incumbent NSW fullback — to a new four-year deal at Bondi.

Close friends to Tedesco claim the fullback has never been driven by money and his family are financially well-off through property development and investments in Sydney’s west.

“Wests Tigers could have offered him $2m a season and he wouldn’t have stayed,” said a close friend of Tedesco.

“James always wanted to go to the Roosters. The Roosters were the lowest offer. It had nothing to do with money — he wants to go there to better himself, to be a better footballer.

“That’s why he is going there. It has nothing to do with money. People make it about money. James doesn’t live by pay cheques. It has to do with how the place is run and how he could better himself.

“When he reneged on Canberra (in 2014), he was told things would improve at Wests Tigers. He should have gone to Canberra.”

“You have to ask why your captain and best player want to leave?” a friend close to the pair said.

“All of them were set to re-sign before the Wehbe drama blew-up. They were all set to sign. How could you stuff it up? All four would have stayed.

“All Wests Tigers had to do was keep Wehbe. They could have signed and gotten rid of him later. But once they got rid of him, that was it.

Tedesco was most impressed with Bulldogs coach Des Hasler during negotiations but eventually shifted to the Roosters.

Another source said: “He never backflipped on Canterbury because he never signed there.”

There is no doubt Tedesco will flourish at Bondi playing alongside Mitch Pearce, Luke Keary, Michael Gordon, Latrell Mitchell and Blake Ferguson.

Roosters legend and club official Anthony Minichiello will also mentor Tedesco, the pair friends from playing with Italy.

There is continuing speculation that the Roosters may though have to offload Shaun Kenny-Dowall, possibly to Newcastle, to accommodate Tedesco.
Surely each player has a minimum price? He can't be offered $300k, and the NRL can say yep that's fine!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This has got to be pure bullshit. There is no way in hell that any player in the game is giving up that amount of money. The roosters offer may have been less but im sure they'll be letting a few go to pay him what he's worth

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of players come from pretty well off families and with Superstar players If they invest well after their first big contract they really don't need to work again. Add to that players like Kieran Foran who literally would never have to work a day in their life due to their family wealth.

Money isn't and shouldn't be the be all and end all for players. Other factors such as mental health, quality of living etc should play a part.

Also is it likely our offer was closer to the roosters offer than the Tigers. I assume they put in the biggest offer of the lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.