Opinion Has anyone got any news on how the Bulldogs players have been going in the off season?

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are chasing Moses real hard,and he has NOT resigned with parra at this stage so we still have a chance at nabbing him.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just read what was written the last 5 seasons...

"they've trained the house down!"

"this will be their best season ever!"
Pretty much. I'm sure they'll return from Christmas break singing these songs like most years. I actually find it refreshing that we're not seeing the stories yet.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
is this a guess bro or you actually know?
An educated guess which could be considered basic common sense on this one, to know we are not stupid enough to outbid strugglers like the tigers and the Eels.

The only chance of Moses playing out of Belmore is if he is willing to drop 2-300k a year which is not happening.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Halfback role in '24 is anyone's guess.

Feel while the club is looking around at other options, they're also willing to see how Flanagan goes under Ciraldo for the first 6 to 8 rounds next season before deciding on who they sign long term. Thought Flanagan improved last season, as did the team, but not sure he's the best option long term and only time will tell. Wakeham has been great in Reserve grade but has shown time and time again he struggles in first grade, so he's not the answer. BBO is in his last season of his contract so it will be interesting what they do with him. Then we have Josh Reynolds on standby if needed but that would be only if we were racked with injuries.

Moses would be in the top 4 or 5 halfbacks going around so I don't mind us chasing him BUT is he the right fit with Burton in 6? Both have good kicking games and aren't that dissimilar in the way they play.

A few from left field for '24 that could be worth keeping an eye on are Corey Paix from the Broncos, who is off contract at the end of '23 as Adam Reynolds owns the halfback role at the Broncos for a number of years yet. George Williams is also keen to make a comeback to the NRL and I feel he'd be a very good option alongside Burton. He was around Thompson in the gym during the world cup in England so he may have gotten into his ear.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Perth these days so I’m not sure if the NSW papers, Radio Stations have supplied info and how the Bulldogs players are travelling? Also, how the New players are settling in? And how the New coach is working into the role. I know it’s early days, but I’m already excited, anxious thinking we may be on the improve and on the way up in 2023. I - like all Doggies supporters - are sick of losing and missing out on the Finals Series once again.
I don’t think you can believe what you read.
Most ‘training the house down’ quotes are just propaganda and PR to pump up fans.
If I’m wrong about that then the other truth is that it doesn’t mean much come game day because many ‘good trainers’ fizzle out. I’ve been seeing this pattern for a decade.
I saw this guy ask a rockape question to Gus on Twitter a few weeks back which made me lol.
He said ‘Gus does Read Mahoney do good in training?’ and apart from the sentence structure funniness I just thought you’ll never hear Gus say ‘look he’s 50/50, he does well but came late the other week. He is doing good on his skills training but sluggish on the beep test’ or anything.
The answer will always be positive or with an agenda in mind.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One thing they often say is that the playing group reflects the coach, and one thing we know about Ciraldo is that he has a solid work ethic.

I know he's not just going to waltz on in and put our guys through an army camp, or anything of that nature, but it will be interesting to see what type of "out of the box" things they are doing this pre-season.. I feel like Baz's pre-seasons were all very run of the mill.. tough, but not overly tough for NRL standards.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing they often say is that the playing group reflects the coach, and one thing we know about Ciraldo is that he has a solid work ethic.

I know he's not just going to waltz on in and put our guys through an army camp, or anything of that nature, but it will be interesting to see what type of "out of the box" things they are doing this pre-season.. I feel like Baz's pre-seasons were all very run of the mill.. tough, but not overly tough for NRL standards.
I liked the fact that CC has put the squad on notice that its a "clean slate" it puts everyone on notice that no positions are guaranteed,which should have put some intensity and competition in to this years preseason training

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alomoti has been doing heaps of extras even after they broke for xmas
He lives close to a mate and has seen him everyday with a crop of other footy players doing extras and laps around the block

imo he’s $1.05 to become the permanent centre by mid season

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Skelton predominantly training on the right wing
Interesting… they may opt for Kiraz in the centres to partner Alamoti or Burns, JAC being the other winger of course. That is unless CC is looking to go with Hayze Perham (centre/wing) or Okunbur (wing).