Official Harper released to Manly immediately

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He probably deserved more of an opportunity when looking at who we've been playing in the centres, especially this year.
he signed with Manly before the season started didnt he? if thats the case then thats probably why Pay went with other players.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Albert Hopoate comes to mind. Hopoate's youngest brother (?). He's a fullback.
Wouldnt have been a bad signing in the hope he will regain full fitness. But that sort of foresight is desperately lacking at the club. I would be disappointed if we signed off without even looking at their roster.

Id honestly have you on the board as an adviser :p No harm in negotiating a deal that suits us not just others.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did we bend over backwards to make this happen? Did we get anything in return? They have to have a player somewhere in their system (be it NYC or Reserve grade) that we could have swapped. Dont get why we do so much for other teams, we are like the fat ugly chick that just tags along and does everything.

Like others have said if CHN goes we need something to make it happen, eg if storm want him then hello Grant for 2021. We need to start being ruthless. Bullfrog would never have allowed us to operate like this, no other club would give us free rides like we give them.
Should have been a swap for Albert Hopoate. He should be almost completed his recovery from ACL injury

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have been a swap for Albert Hopoate. He should be almost completed his recovery from ACL injury
wishful thinking, manly have big wraps on him and rightly so. Would be like us getting a player from another club and them asking for topine, alamoti ect in return. We should definitely have a decent go at getting him but i think hes off contract soon

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
exciting, fast and elusive centre .... His not fast, his not elusive and his certainly not exciting.

no idea...

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
correction, hopoate is off contract this year. lets hope we are trying to get him here

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really rate him and I’ve seen his skills first hand and the bloke has real game, but I highly doubt that Manly would let him go for Harper even after both ACL injuries to the same leg
I’m sure tho having his older brother here will help maybe with the move.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really rate him and I’ve seen his skills first hand and the bloke has real game, but I highly doubt that Manly would let him go for Harper even after both ACL injuries to the same leg
I’m sure tho having his older brother here will help maybe with the move.
Have read before he wants to take up a Mission like his bro..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
so this is how we are getting lafai here

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He probably deserved more of an opportunity when looking at who we've been playing in the centres, especially this year.
Wonder if he regrets signing with Manly now that Pay has gone?

He would have gotten more of a run in FG than he will at Manly under a different coach.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lafai is better than harper but fmd what an average signing tim l

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if he regrets signing with Manly now that Pay has gone?

He would have gotten more of a run in FG than he will at Manly under a different coach.
Would he have played this week with Smith our? I guess we’ll never know now

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So did we bend over backwards to make this happen? Did we get anything in return? They have to have a player somewhere in their system (be it NYC or Reserve grade) that we could have swapped. Dont get why we do so much for other teams, we are like the fat ugly chick that just tags along and does everything.

Like others have said if CHN goes we need something to make it happen, eg if storm want him then hello Grant for 2021. We need to start being ruthless. Bullfrog would never have allowed us to operate like this, no other club would give us free rides like we give them.
100%, even if he wasn't in our plans we should have tried to get a player in return.

Also read somewhere it was on compassionate grounds, what could they possibly be. It's not like he's going back to NZ hesd going to another suburb of Sydney.