1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Official Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches

Discussion in 'Junior Bulldogs Discussion' started by Jackson_1994, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Jackson_1994

Jackson_1994 Kennel Regular

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Harold Matthews and SG Ball teams continued their pre-season preparation on Friday with trial matches against the Manly Sea Eagles at Terry Lamb Complex.

With the junior representative competitions kicking off in February, both sides ramped up their preparations against the Sea Eagles before a final trial against the Parramatta Eels next week.
    Both teams gave a number of triallists for both sides plenty of game time and the line-ups were changed throughout the day.

The Harold Matthews game was played across four 20-minute quarters with the Bulldogs claiming a five tries to four victory.

Manly led by three tries to one at halftime, before talented centre Paul Alamoti led a Bulldogs fightback in the second half.

Alamoti grabbed two tries, including a length of the field intercept, while a try right on fulltime gave the Dogs the victory.
    The SG Ball fixture was played over three 25-minute intervals in a match that saw Canterbury record a six-tries to five victory.

Manly dominated the opening stages of the match with three early tries, before the Dogs grabbed one at the end of the first interval.

The Sea Eagles extended their lead before young half Joseph Williams crashed over the line to register the Bulldogs second try of the day.

The final 25 minutes was dominated by Canterbury to give the Dogs a six-tries to five victory.
    Next week will see both sides play the Eels in a final hit out and give coaches an additional opportunity to see the talented players they have at their disposal before the competition kicks off on February 8.

• Like Like x 9
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  2. Natboy

Natboy Kennel Addict

Thanks very much mate

• Like Like x 1
  3. Life_of_League

Life_of_League Kennel Participant

I thought our SG were down at the end of the game. Scoreboard read 20-24 to Manly.
    Was honestly thinking the squad had no hope over the first 2 quarters. No real structure out there.
    Fitness levels for a lot of the boys is worrying. You could see many haven’t done any extras.
    Hopefully trial game against Parra will be a good run for them. Thinking surely they would have done their cuts so that they can have a run as a final squad.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  4. diddly

diddly Kennel Regular Gilded x2 Gilded Premium Member

I agree with you - I thought Manly won. There was a huge difference in fitness / strength between the squad that played the first 2 quarters and the third quarter - apparently there are another 6 or 7 players who were not involved in the trial. The third quarter was encouraging.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Life_of_League

6 or 7 from the Bulldogs not involved?. Would be good to know who they are. The boys that did preseason with the 20’s I know played. That is a lot of boys missing for a trial so close to the season.

6. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Addict

Good to see Alomoti being mentioned as one of our standouts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. diddly

There were a few non starters sitting with the playing squad only one I recognised was Diego B Graham - none seemed injured (not in moonboots etc) - who did pre season with the 20s? Person who told me that so many weren't going to play was surprised as well but expected all to play in Parra trial.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Life_of_League

Diego is injured. Got injured at the 20’s trial game against Penrith. He should be ready to play round 2. Danny(Hooker), Lipoi(Second row), Loui(Wing),Khalid(halves),Compton(centre but played fullback start of third quarter), Lomi(second row) and Diego. Faga was doing preseason with 20’s but was dropped back down to SG preseason. These boys named weren’t meant to have much game time, but because the first two quarters weren’t too good, they played more, is what I’m hearing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. diddly

Danny G was good again - the half Khalid has a great passing game.
    First quarter was very poor - 2nd quarter seemed a little better - once the strong squad came on they dominated. 4th quarter a mixed bag

• Like Like x 2
  10. Life_of_League

Just heard trial games against Parra are not going ahead. Second hand info, so will wait for official word.

11. ALX25

ALX25 Kennel Regular Gilded x2 Gilded Premium Member

Looks like a staff member who was good at communicating junior updates has left the club.

12. Life_of_League

You got to give us more

13. stingray

stingray Waterboy

they hardly gave us decent updates anyway

I get most inside info off the parents and siblings

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DogsOfWar1704

DogsOfWar1704 Kennel Regular

Fuck I hope we keep alamoti long term. Kids a gun!
    Him wakeham topine are the bulldogs future!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NPC83

NPC83 Kennel Regular

Alamoti still playing Harold Matt’s... was hoping he’d play 20s this year.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DogsOfWar1704

DogsOfWar1704 Kennel Regular

He’s like 16 ahah