Harbour View Hotel issued first strike after Bulldogs Mad Monday nudity

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s wrong with a few drunk footballers dancing naked on the tables when there are no women, no children and no complaints?

That’s the argument from the Sydney pub trying to escape punishment for hosting the Canterbury Bulldog’s infamous Mad Monday celebrations in September last year.

During the events at the Harbour View Hotel in The Rocks, players stripped naked, danced on tables, fell off stools, “performed sex acts on themselves and other patrons”, and poured alcohol over their genitalia.

One player was also seen vomiting outside before being helped by the hotel’s duty manager.

The NRL fined the club $250,000. Players Adam Elliott and Asipeli Fine pleaded guilty to police charges of wilful and obscene exposure. They were given a conditional release order with no conviction recorded.

On Friday the NSW independent Liquor and Gaming Authority (ILGA) issued the hotel with a “first strike”, proposing tough new conditions on CCTV, crime scene preservation and the number of staff required to enforce responsible service of alcohol rules.

The hotel has one month to respond.

The authority’s compliance manager, John Coady, said it was observed that the “duty manager is reported to be seen clapping and cheering with the crowd”. He has since been sacked.

“The Authority has considered the licensee’s submission that there were a number of ameliorating circumstances, including the fact that there were no members of the public, minors, or women at the function (either as guests or staff); no violence or injury occurred; no complaints were received; and the hotel has co-operated fully with police,” Mr Coady said in an ILGA statement.

Despite these submission, Mr Coady hinted that conditions could get even tougher for licensee John Watt and owner Brian Perry.

“Given the seriousness of harm, in the form of multiple cases of intoxication and acts of indecency as a result of the prescribed offence, the Authority considers that it may be in the public interest, subject to consideration of any final submissions, to take further remedial action against the licence of Harbour View Hotel,” he said.

Owner Brian Perry, who said he has run the venue for more than 22 years, declined to comment when contacted by The Sunday Telegraph

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's a fucking copout... Seriously they should be seriously pissed off at the media for bringing attention to it in the first place.

So lets just recap:
- Duty Manager sacked and looking for another job (and named now so good luck there to him).
- Hotel fined and issued a compliance order.
- Hotel now having to engage legal representation no doubt.
- Hotel having to fork out for whatever requirements there now are.
- Two players reputations in tatters, and both copping fines and the cost of legal representation.

All due a scumbag media fuckwit with a scissorlift and a camera.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently there’s still milk in this cow for the media to, well, milk. So will the organisers of the music festivals where people have died of overdoses get a ‘strike’ too? What about the pubs where glassings and actual real crimes happen? Or as they’re not Bulldog related, maybe they don’t really count.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
RSA laws have been around for decades, and I remember not long after I was going to pubs in the mid-late 90s, it started to be enforced (including being strict on underage etc).

If the laws were applied consistently AND the notice was served ON THE DAY, I would agree with the Harbour View being slapped with this notice. They likely allowed patrons to be served whilst hammered.

BUT, lets face it, the laws are not applied consistently. How often do we go out and see someone so shitfaced, there is no way they should be served? The ILGA have been so reactive here. The pub should be able to tel them to "come at me bro" and actually prove they SERVED patrons whilst intoxicated, something they would struggle to actually prove with real evidence several months after the fact (or opposed to a lot of anecdotal and circumstantial "evidence"). The cops couldn't nail you for drink driving unless they nabbed you at the time, who should the rules be different here?

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No sense can be made of this utter nonsense..!!!

Oh that’s right.. bulldogs involved so of corse the corruption must creep in a little!! What a massive cop out alright.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
right wing PC fuckers ruining everything

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The telecrap just don't want to let go of this cash cow. It's the epitome of gutter journalism.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Meanwhile did they actually get public opinion on what happened? From what I've experienced most ppl couldn't give a fk all along. Ppl I speak to were however a bit pissed how lightly Inglis got off for speeding DUI, and how little was said about it in the media compared to our lesser transgression.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Talk about flogging a dead horse.

You would think the players raped and murdered ten nuns with the way they've carried on..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Being a bouncer for 14 years, there have been at least 10000 worse incidents in all the club's and pubs I've worked at.

These government motherfuckers would have closed down 98% of venues if they followed the rules and not just pick and choose who they want to fuck up. Believe me, plenty of corruption from both owners and police.

In this case, probably forced to "act" 4 years after the incident due to some snowflake ***** complaining.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
right wing PC fuckers ruining everything
No way! The telegraph is run by libtard Marxist snowflakes, man. I saw Rupert Murdoch reading the communist manifesto is a coffee shop once!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Being a bouncer for 14 years, there have been at least 10000 worse incidents in all the club's and pubs I've worked at.

These government motherfuckers would have closed down 98% of venues if they followed the rules and not just pick and choose who they want to fuck up. Believe me, plenty of corruption from both owners and police.

In this case, probably forced to "act" 4 years after the incident due to some snowflake ***** complaining.
Its all Bullshit Assassin. Just crap after crap. Our boys were victims off jelousy and hatred from the DT. Today Paul Kent writes about all the money clubs are losing from sponsors. Funny isnt it if the prick and DT didnt report it in the first place it wouldnt be bad publicity. Dick heads.