News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are better off without this bloke.

He was trouble at penrith, then us, it's going to be no different at raiders just give him some time.

Time to move on.
Agree with you although I would have rather we bit the bullet and he sat out the season than reward him by going to the raiders with possibly winning a premiership. This is really bad from our club

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here's the deal. Harawira has a bit of X factor about him but he is actually quite an inconsistent and lazy player in many regards. This will turn out ok providing we sign another forward with X factor who is more consistent. If we don't sign anyone or sign more plodders then yes I would agree its a disaster. Wait and see how we use the $$$

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the dogs let him go then seriously they are pathetic!
What’s the point of keeping him if here doesn’t want to be here?? He fucked up and is dirty with how the club treated him??? Mate grow up and fuck off you grub.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those of us that are talking about a player swap are living in fantasy land. Just was never going to happen as so many factors involved that it's simply impossible. Especially when you look at Canberra having got the final last year, and us being wooden spooners ...

Certainly don't hold it against the club for not getting a swap done as the player would have to agree to it and let's be honest ... a player isn't going to want to come to the Dogs mid-season from the Raiders.

Out of all of this I'm absolutely pissed at the NRL. We did the right thing. We followed what they said to do. And we get punished. HOw does that work?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dont think we should keep both jackson and Elliot

i hope losing CHN means we are about to spend big on a hooker
We can spend big on a hooker regardless.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People ITS NOT ABOUT WE ARE BETTER OFF WITH OUT THIS FUCK TARD! It’s about the principle and having some backbone. This was the boards opportunity to set a precedence and either deman he sees out his contract or that he was free to leave but that we either got remuneration or a player swap. We got fucked without lube by both CHN and the Raiders.
Well said....I just hope fukin hill and g
His claws are given the big boot next elections,,,,fukin soft ***** they are....how many
Y times have we being screwed....

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phark him, lets show him how it feels to be lining up with mounties every week.

Goodness sake for once, lets just stay rock solid on this one.

We do this, it will stop averillo or anyone else asking for a release in the future.

The buck must stop now

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve said it before, this club has survived the loss of

$BW
Barba
Thurston
Mason
O’Meley
Asotasi
Anasta
Klemmer
Ennis
Morris x 2
Graham
Pay
Dymock
Smith
McCracken
Dallas
Gillespie
Alchin
Langmack

all left us to join other clubs.

I put losing this arsewipe to probably Myles.

Ok, we could of used him but fk him - doesn’t wanna be here - see ya.

we will survive.

My issue now will be how the club handles this.
A) player swap with like for like quality
B) let him rot without footy in 2020

or no doubt knowing our board
C) just walk out with nothing in return, making Canberra stronger, the Dogs weaker, this arsewipe happy, and the Dogs Fans THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE COMP.... AGAIN!!!

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM has been our best since COVID. It would be disappointing to see this other fella return and take his starting spot.

As for the Ox, he seems to have his attitude right. Give him a couple of years and who knows, may be out best winger since Rona!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One final point.

Barrett had it in his power to keep CHN. In his power completely.

CHN's manager has been talking up this possibility all week saying that Barrett being the coach could manage to keen CHN. But as soon as Barrett is announced then news of CHN going comes out immediately, which clearly indicates that Barrett really didn't want to keep him.

What does that tell you? We can say our club is a bunch of idiots, but the new coach himself clearly didn't want to keep him either.

Yes. We can debate as to why we've apparently let CHN leave mid-season to join a rival, but the decision not to continue employing him is something I'll back. especially since the new coach obviously has the same view.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve said it before, this club has survived the loss of

$BW
Barba
Thurston
Mason
O’Meley
Asotasi
Anasta
Klemmer
Ennis
Morris x 2
Graham
Pay
Dymock
Smith
McCracken
Dallas
Gillespie
Alchin
Langmack

all left us to join other clubs.

I put losing this arsewipe to probably Myles.

Ok, we could of used him but fk him - doesn’t wanna be here - see ya.

we will survive.

My issue now will be how the club handles this.
A) player swap with like for like quality
B) let him rot without footy in 2020

or no doubt knowing our board
C) just walk out with nothing in return, making Canberra stronger, the Dogs weaker, this arsewipe happy, and the Dogs Fans THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE COMP.... AGAIN!!!
Let him rot without footy. It's the only way.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone thinking the Dogs making a stand and not releasing CHN will stop this type of thing happening in the future are kidding themselves. The only way these types of things get fixed is if the NRL bring in stricter guidelines around contracts and player movement.

If we kept CHN and sat him in the grandstand all it does it create a massive distraction and pisses cap money down the toilet. There’s absolutely nothing to gain from it.

Last edited:

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I’m a club CEO/board member these days I’m not sacking any talented player regardless of what they’ve done. Moral high ground is for pussies like Andrew Hill and Raelene Castle and it gets you a wooden spoon
The lesson learnt is next time get the player to issue a tearful public apology, temporarily suspend him for a few weeks and send them to a politically correct organisation to do community service with a financial donation to satisfy NRL HQ and then hey presto the player is reformed and ready to resume play. Why can't our CEO figure that out?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Those of us that are talking about a player swap are living in fantasy land. Just was never going to happen as so many factors involved that it's simply impossible. Especially when you look at Canberra having got the final last year, and us being wooden spooners ...

Certainly don't hold it against the club for not getting a swap done as the player would have to agree to it and let's be honest ... a player isn't going to want to come to the Dogs mid-season from the Raiders.

Out of all of this I'm absolutely pissed at the NRL. We did the right thing. We followed what they said to do. And we get punished. HOw does that work?

Melbourne Storm refused to release the fox unless they got a comparable player in return. Why are our board so weak. First Klemmer and now CHN. Piss poor and weak

We want a successful club and it won’t happen in this manner and certainly not with a board who sit and watch. Fuck you Lynne and fuck you Andrew.

Dog Goneit

Immortal
Reaction score
Club will forward pay another player building more cap space going forward. Right call if the guy doesnt want to be at the club. Got to land a 9 for next year and these $ will help

Reactions: DDR

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone thinking the Dogs making a stand and not releasing CHN will stop this type of thing happening in the future are kidding themselves. The only these types of things get fixed is if the NRL bring in stricter guidelines around contracts and player movement.

If we kept CHN and sat him in the grandstand all it does it create a massive distraction and pisses cap money down the toilet. There’s absolutely nothing to gain from it.
He either played for us or say ok the sideline unpaid. There’s no pissing salary cap away because at the end of the day you say he has a contract and we want him to play but if he doesn’t then we simply won’t just allow him to go and join a rival. Melbourne Storm stayed strong with the Fox and that’s how it’s done.