News Happiest day of my life

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was going to comment but you’ve summed it up perfectly. Do not get the hate for Tols at all. Yes his time is up, yes he very likely will not be here next year, yes the club must move on. But his service and loyalty cannot be questioned. Our defensive middle still gets worse when he’s not there. Until a couple of seasons ago several times he played 80min. An absolute workhorse and I wish him well for whatever is next - I believe he’s pursuing a career in education when his footy is done.
Hate is a very strong word.. I don't think anyone hates tolman, but he has caused a great deal of frustration to a lot of bulldogs faithful, hence the strong responses..

Don't forget sometimes people exaggerate for shits an giggles, especially on an online forum... A bit like your videos.. exaggeration is the key to comedy..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't hate him, I haven't forgot that up to a point he served us well, but he is done.

I think you are confusing hate with knowing he is a liability and not an asset anymore.

His liability stands out more when half the team are liabilities themselves.
Plenty of hateful comments aimed at him frequently on here. Yes it’s time to move on, don’t dispute it, but let’s not forget it was Des who signed him for 4 years from 2017. 4 years increasingly looks too long for all NRL contracts given lack of performance in several examples and agitation to break contracts from players and/or their managers. Tols to his credit has always given 100% and far worse have laced up the boots.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hate is a very strong word.. I don't think anyone hates tolman, but he has caused a great deal of frustration to a lot of bulldogs faithful, hence the strong responses..

Don't forget sometimes people exaggerate for shits an giggles, especially on an online forum... A bit like your videos.. exaggeration is the key to comedy..
My videos exaggerate??
They’re 100% factual! :-).

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesn't have to be though, he's just our best 7 until someone better arrives
Except he is off contract, so we would have to fork out more money to aquire his services. So as much as some may want this to happen, we can't really afford to do so without offoading Lewis. Good luck with that.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is there was people at the club who thought this way. Good blokes and players that try were held onto well past their prime.

Look at the successful clubs, they'll move a player on mid contract if someone better comes up, it's unfortunate but that's the way it is these days.

You don't have to forget what a players has done in the past and appreciate that but offering them the opportunity to go out on their terms just isn't good for a football club.
Now we have money isnt that whats happening? the last two years we had to keep players because we couldnt buy replacements Barrett now has the luxury of being able to get replacements.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Credit where credit is due...you were right on this one...don't care where he ends up as long as he is GOOOONE.
We should keep track of all your rumours to see what your strike rate is
Dont give him credit yet it hasnt happened yet!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont give him credit yet it hasnt happened yet!
Fair point, I don't want to jinx it.

I meant at least the drunk has "confirmed" Holland's rumour...unless Rothfield got it off the kennel:blush:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Storm will pick him up, train him, and he'll be a representative player by the end of the year. We just don't know how to use players to their abilities.
Tolman would be a great player in any other team.
Like Kasiano?

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He doesn't have to be though, he's just our best 7 until someone better arrives
The problem with a that is I think Cogger is off contract so why resign him. If he still had a year to run I would agree maybe. Lewis still has a year to run. I see strengths(not many) and weaknesses(lots) in both players. Cogger looks better zips around where Lewis is slow but in reality they are probably about the same. Lewis is better in defense & kicking game. Cogger probably better passing game but neither can close out a match.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm mixed with tolman.
Every team needs a tolman. He just needs direction. He is the engine room and never stops and keeps the pack together.
compare him to Jackson

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm mixed with tolman.
Every team needs a tolman. He just needs direction. He is the engine room and never stops and keeps the pack together.
compare him to Jackson
Well said myself. I would retain him on a halved contract.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And can we please stop saying 'clear out Holland' as if he's is in the same boat as Montoya and Sue?
He is not just in the same boat he is the Captain of the crew of a sinking ship

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said myself. I would retain him on a halved contract.
Mr Ditkovich here,

What happens to the engine in the engine room when it’s not longer powerful enough to do its job?

It gets replaced.

Unfortunately, that’s what happened to Tolman.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Ditkovich here,

What happens to the engine in the engine room when it’s not longer powerful enough to do its job?

It gets replaced.

Unfortunately, that’s what happened to Tolman.
That is an apt metaphor, Mr. Ditkovich.

I have never agreed with someone more than you.

Are you sure we’re not the same person?