Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Hame Sele

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When will it be confirmed but nothing on fox yet
after we announce moses. hearing he’s going to backflip next thursday at 11am and sign with us immediately. my oil is ben hunt to parra before june 30. gould wants to announce this before sele. after sele he’s announcing bevan french and michael chee kam both on 3 year deals from 24

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he will fit in with our backwards
I guess thats another special from you bro, The other teams have forwards while we don't have forwards we can say that we only have backward .

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I guess thats another special from you bro, The other teams have forwards while we don't have forwards we can say that we only have backward .
No impact at all bro, especially with Kingy carrying an injury.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Haas
Mahoney
TPJ
Kikau
Preston
Sele

with Pele and maybe Okunbor off the bench. Gives us some size

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard an interesting snippet today on ABC Grandstand. Luke Lewis was wrapping Sele because he said he was unsigned up until a few weeks before this season started, but he was just training and biding his time “sticking to the process”. They had Connor Watson on and he was saying his future is up in the air and that the best thing he can do, is get back on the field and earn an extension, or just prepare as if you’ll get a deal at another club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Haas
Mahoney
TPJ
Kikau
Preston
Sele

with Pele and maybe Okunbor off the bench. Gives us some size
King, I still don't think we need Sele. A fringe starter that's going to block the pathways of our young players, e.g. Morrin, Edwards.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Heard an interesting snippet today on ABC Grandstand. Luke Lewis was wrapping Sele because he said he was unsigned up until a few weeks before this season started, but he was just training and biding his time “sticking to the process”. They had Connor Watson on and he was saying his future is up in the air and that the best thing he can do, is get back on the field and earn an extension, or just prepare as if you’ll get a deal at another club.
Connor Watson should go to Eels, Dragons or Raiders.

Eels - gives them that genuine X factor player they wanted on the bench.

Dragons - gives them coverage at 9 to which they are short. Would also serve as insurance off the bench if Sloan is FB and not having a go.

Raiders - If Watson returns 100% fit, he could plug a starting spine position as Raiders need a FB and 6.
But ideally he'd be a perfect 14 for them as they could fuck off Starling and Levi and just run with Woolford / Watson.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, I still don't think we need Sele. A fringe starter that's going to block the pathways of our young players, e.g. Morrin, Edwards.
I like Morrin in attack but Morrin and Edwards aren't big and strong enough at 95-96kgs to stop us getting steamrolled when defending against teams with big bodied middles. We definitely need bigger hard hitting middles. I'd prefer decent middles even bigger than Frizel (106kgs) and Sele (102kgs) but there's not much available. They're both aggressive players who play above their weight both in attack and defence. If the rumours about Saifiti are true he'd be a good pick up also but I don't watch knights games so I don't know if he hits hard in D. I think at bare minimum we need Sele for next year and some say he's already signed

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like Morrin in attack but Morrin and Edwards aren't big and strong enough at 95-96kgs to stop us getting steamrolled when defending against teams with big bodied middles. We definitely need bigger hard hitting middles. I'd prefer decent middles even bigger than Frizel (106kgs) and Sele (102kgs) but there's not much available. They're both aggressive players who play above their weight both in attack and defence. If the rumours about Saifiti are true he'd be a good pick up also but I don't watch knights games so I don't know if he hits hard in D. I think at bare minimum we need Sele for next year and some say he's already signed
The Saifiti brothers have been soft for a couple of years now. Sele is a small body and Frizell is a second rower.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edwards will grow more this off season. He’s not a small boy, has a pretty big frame and good foundation he just needs a full off season with the first grade squad. I think his immediate future is lock, however 2 years down the line will play up front.
I didn’t realise how big he was until last week.
Morrin on the other hand is extremely small. Don’t think he will grow bigger than what he is and I think he will always be a fringe first grader.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clear agenda now. You clearly don’t like the player therefore ignore the skill they have
Clear agenda.

1685256942389.png
1685256952262.png
1685256975612.png

Unfortunately a lot has changed in the last 2 years.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Saifiti brothers have been soft for a couple of years now. Sele is a small body and Frizell is a second rower.
Yeah Sele is apparently 6ft and 102kgs but like I said he plays above his weight. I'd definitely prefer someone much bigger if available but we've left it too late already. We should have signed Greig from the Eels 6"4 and 124kgs. That's the type of size we need. Edwards is only 6"1 and 95kgs. Can't see him building up much more and he doesn't really play a power type game

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah Sele is apparently 6ft and 102kgs but like I said he plays above his weight. I'd definitely prefer someone much bigger if available but we've left it too late already. We should have signed Greig from the Eels 6"4 and 124kgs. That's the type of size we need. Edwards is only 6"1 and 95kgs. Can't see him building up much more and he doesn't really play a power type game
Don’t we have someone like Greig in Pele ? Difference being we just aren’t putting in the mins to Pele that the eels are in Greig. Eels
are benefiting while we are not.