Halves Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay needs to bring in a halves mentor or coach. Even if its part time. Brent Sherwin, Andrew Johns or someone to give these guys more direction, thoughts

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol yea right, what bloody common sense is that mate... our team has all this under control (sarcasm)

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need Noddy back to play not coach lol

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran has won a grand final, has almost 200 games experience, won a four nations. If he can’t dictate a playing structure or help develop a younger halves partner then he should pay back most of his salary. Ok he was never the main man but at the same time I think I barely saw him touch or kick the ball in the first 20 mins. You don’t need johns is kimmorley to tell you to touch the ball.

Our game plan was to crack them up the middle. Its why so many plays involved forwards. We had open wingers but played middle 3rd footy. That’s a blemish on the coach. He should have identified roosters were rushing up and we needed a deeper line to get around them. But we continued with 4 hitups a set. It didn’t help Mbye was out on his feet With 20 to go. Kid was spent. Jmk took too many poor options and never sets up a play. Atleast Frawley cracked open the line once a game. Something king hasn’t done in first grade yet.

I’m not saying drop this and change that because there is no easy fix. We have huge money invested in non key positions. Foran is a decent player but didn’t look 100% fit. Bad thing with that is his half partner is not a starting first grade standard. We have so much tied in with hoppa and the mozzes, was are stacked with big money props (who in a grinding game couldn’t get us a win). Our team isn’t balanced.

It’s why I have always welcomed any opportunity to bring in sezer or now even Hastings. Players with reliable kicking games, some speed and some direction. But some on the kennel are more focused on debuting cleeland (what is he 26-27 with no experience) or even cogger (again vastly inexperienced). People want quick success (which won’t come with rookies) and will chop and change every week.

Reality is king isn’t a starting first grade half (and I saw this from the first game). He would be a great utility who can fill in half, backs or hooker off the bench. Very few halves get thrown straight into first grade and succeed (look at brooks for example).

We dominated the game (as we did against Souths) and have nothing to show for it. We are 2 and 5. I don’t see any quick fix here. A halves coach won’t help up. Cleeland won’t make us a top 8 team. Chopping and changing won’t help us. Only thing is to lower our expectations and realise it’s a rebuilding year and hopefully with moving some pieces we can create cap space to be competitive either this year, or next year or 2020.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There's probably abit of hatred there, but Lichaa needs help off Ennis, or Bedsy.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’ve always back Lichaa but after yesterday’s performance he is shit no speed what so ever,
Panics every time they play the ball.
Same as me, when our forwards get dominated i dont blame him. But last night when we had the advantage he ruined any shot we had.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Slow,and looks lost most of the time and it’s a bit of a concern !

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve always back Lichaa but after yesterday’s performance he is shit no speed what so ever,
Panics every time they play the ball.
And does that stupid 2 steps to the left before passing and as for passing to the right he just can't period! Basic skills that I'm sure most of us have or have had

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do we need a halves coach? Dean Pay and Adam Elliot said attack is not an issue for the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.