Reaction score
I'd have Chisholm as the "actual" and initial plan tbh
6. Moses
7. Dane
14. Reynolds

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We don't need a half back. We have a small, slow 700k-Marquee player prop forward-captain who is our half back, remember! The one that sets up 1 to 2 tries all year and people think he has revolutionised the game. We then have another prop forward who is all about work rate and simply falls in tackles after jinking and side stepping, especailly on the important 4th tackle... All this leaves us short in go forward against the big teams allowing us to be belted in the forwards against the Bunnies in 14 and the Roosters in 15...We dont need a half back..Our backs do the hitups and our forward do the playmaking, we've changed the way Rugby League is being played, for the Bulldogs club that is...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will the day come when we chase Hokko the SOO champ?
Im pretty sure Mbye has some maturing to do and will only get better with time and patience, the same could be said for Reynolds too so we just gotta wait.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will the day come when we chase Hokko the SOO champ?
Im pretty sure Mbye has some maturing to do and will only get better with time and patience, the same could be said for Reynolds too so we just gotta wait.
We should never have gotten rid of him in the first place.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You can count the games MBye played at halfback last season on 1 hand. Give the kid a chance before you death ride him ffs.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could've got sezer, but no we had to keep these duds.
The problem is Sezer signed with the Raiders pretty early last season. I don't even know at that time if the club had decided if they wanted to retain Hodko or not.

Chisholm should come back a better player from his UK stink and could get a chance to show he is the future when one of Reynolds or Mbye is unavailable.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye is young, fast and looks like he can read the play. I'm confident he can handle halfback with Des' guidance and a consistent team around him. Reynolds has always promised potential, but will need to keep his cool if he is to give us his best.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
cooper cronk that is all! LOL
We have done that twice before buying in really good half backs past their prime and it never works out, all it does is hinder any young players getting a shot. We need a long term half back not a half back in his 30's looking for one big payday before retirement.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mbye is young, fast and looks like he can read the play. I'm confident he can handle halfback with Des' guidance and a consistent team around him. Reynolds has always promised potential, but will need to keep his cool if he is to give us his best.
****ing lol @ potential. We have seen the absolute best of Reynolds, he is almost 27 and he has shown very little devlopment since his debut. Josh wouldn't even have a firstgrade career if it wasn't for Barba's 2012 season that earned Josh a long term contract. The club sould of made the right call and cut him long ago, this season will be more of the same from him.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
****ing lol @ potential. We have seen the absolute best of Reynolds, he is almost 27 and he has shown very little devlopment since his debut. Josh wouldn't even have a firstgrade career if it wasn't for Barba's 2012 season that earned Josh a long term contract. The club sould of made the right call and cut him long ago, this season will be more of the same from him.
I think this season will be make or break for Reynolds. If we cut Reynolds in the off season we'd be doing a Parra and paying a large chunk of his salary. There are quite a few halves off contract this year so we can make moves to replace him if he repeats his 2015 form and discipline record.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think this season will be make or break for Reynolds. If we cut Reynolds in the off season we'd be doing a Parra and paying a large chunk of his salary. There are quite a few halves off contract this year so we can make moves to replace him if he repeats his 2015 form and discipline record.
What club would even pick him up? Lol. If our halves are given the freedom they deserve and can drift around field, i do think he will be more effective for us this season. When he does play direct he does have the ability to bounce off defenders like dugan and create holes in the defence...though what we really need is some game management skills, something he should have developed over the years yet didn't, i guess we will be expecting that from our rookie half Moses lol.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have Chisholm as the "actual" and initial plan tbh
6. Moses
7. Dane
14. Reynolds
Yeah, I'd like to see Chisholn at 7 and Mbye at 6; but Reynolds on the bench...?

Reynolds can't tackle and is a worry with line breaks. With the interchange reduced to eight I think he would be a liability. We need four fit forwards there.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to see Chisholn at 7 and Mbye at 6; but Reynolds on the bench...?

Reynolds can't tackle and is a worry with line breaks. With the interchange reduced to eight I think he would be a liability. We need four fit forwards there.
I would perfer to see...

6. Marley
7. Mybe

14. Reynolds

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I think we need to dump the extra prop and carry a small forward this season. Wouldn't mind Elliot or Garvey filling that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.