Opinion Halfback pole

Nasheed here, which halfback choice do you prefer the next two years?

• Chad Townsend @ 500k

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • James maloney @ 600k

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Mitchell Pearce @ 800K

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Benji Marshall @ 250k

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Lachlan lewis @ 450k

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pearce is no longer worth the $800k & Maloney whilst great in attack is a turnstile in defence & makes many errors. I don't watch enough Sharks to judge Townsend. Out of what you have on your list, Benji works best BUT while should you double his current salary?

As for Lachlan Lewis, not even Uncle Wally would vote for him in this poll!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way Marshall for 250K. I have read reports of him being on 300K and 500K...

Real shame the club didnt even throw an offer at him... he's coming off contract, his brother is here, we have new coach and we can definitely sign him for more than he is currently paid.

With that being said, I think we still should give him a crack even tho we signed Blake Green
He is apparently at the Tigers on minimum wage.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Benji. Then Maloney. Then Townsend. Green wont be available until middle of next year, so who will run the halves and be able to implement a half coaches tactics better than one of these 3? Quite simply we cannot go into next season with Lewis Wakeham Averillo and Cogger. Not unless we seek the spoon again. WE MUST GET A FIT HALF FOR NEXT YEAR. IT IS OUR PRIORITY.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: hooker pole..... your mums wins!
The brilliant mind, a level of creative thought unseen on the kennel.
Every once in a while, someone comes along who is a trailblazer. defines a generation.
That one moment in time, a thought provoking comment is typed from a flame within.
A flicker thats ablaze, ardent, blazing, burning, combusting, fiery, flaming, and simply red-hot.

One crown
Shines on through the forum of the hound
One crown
Born to snooze
One man
Does not give a damn
One man
No excuse
Hear your thunder
One fist
Hammers through the mist
One fist
Steady on
One heart
Diehard from the start
One heart
Beats its song
Second class to none
Headlights fading
The iron horse rolls on and on and on
Hear your thunder
Still feeding back
Still hear your thunder
The man in black
Born to lose
Living to win
Hear your thunder
Still feeding back
I still hear your thunder
The man in black
Born to lose
No excuse
'Til the end
Been living to win.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Funny how everyone bags CT but frothed over the idea of Pearce... Where the fuck has Pearce been when Knights have needed someone to stand up ? He's been shit all year, Kurt Mann was making the plays before he moved to 9. I'd take both of them over what we have but they ain't to far apart.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny how everyone bags CT but frothed over the idea of Pearce... Where the fuck has Pearce been when Knights have needed someone to stand up ? He's been shit all year, Kurt Mann was making the plays before he moved to 9. I'd take both of them over what we have but they ain't to far apart.
Spot on pearce constantly goes missing for the knights very over rated

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pearce is no longer worth the $800k & Maloney whilst great in attack is a turnstile in defence & makes many errors. I don't watch enough Sharks to judge Townsend. Out of what you have on your list, Benji works best BUT while should you double his current salary?

He'll give himself thousands of votes to make up for it.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Jimmy Maloney should be the no1 target
No2 James Tamau
No3 The cheese
No4 Abusson

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

If you think about it.
Money isn't the issue.
Basically, if we can't get a townsend/Pearce marquee for 2021, then we will need to do it for 22.
Straight out, if we nab Benji on 200, and stick up our cap, we might think we slick wiggaz in asssmbling a hotshot squad for 21, with a cut price half,
But what happens in 22?
All of a sudden, Benji is out and we have 200k to spare.
Oh fudge!
We have salary cap drama again.
What half comes to us on our 200 budget? Luke Walsh?
See my feel here?
That's Ray Dib style kaka.

What we need to do is block out 700 for a half.
If we can't get one, by all means, sprinkle some green dough on Marshall's porridge with honey, but don't jew up and try and get him for unders. Not necessary.
Perhaps if all else fails we can get him for 250, make him happy, and then the other 450 we can use to front load Jacko and Hoppa to potentially get them off books sooner should we choose.

We need to play money chess and think clearly in what the future looks like.

I have a system in m head that can work, but what good is it?
I'm just a little unemployed curry/leb living in a friends basement peaking on meth in Granville.
I need management to hear me.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Jimmy Maloney should be the no1 target
No2 James Tamau
No3 The cheese
No4 Abusson
Since your mind is thinking across squad, what does yo ass think about Josh Maguire?

I was thinking today what a perfect acquisition he would be.
He is everything I want in a bulldog forward.
Ben Hannant but with graham aggression.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We already tried signing a halfback past their prime for a final year swan song .... his name
Was Ricky Stuart. He was pretty average on the field for us but went on to coach and hang around the club for a while value adding in different ways. If history tells us anything we ain’t gonna get much on the field from the Old halves options on the table

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We already tried signing a halfback past their prime for a final year swan song .... his name
Was Ricky Stuart. He was pretty average on the field for us but went on to coach and hang around the club for a while value adding in different ways. If history tells us anything we ain’t gonna get much on the field from the Old halves options on the table
Brett Kimmorley ?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brett Kimmorley ?
Oh yea. Kimmorely was decent in his last two seasons. I stand to be corrected. We also signed Morris , Ennis, stagg, Hannet and beastwood that year

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh yea. Kimmorely was decent in his last two seasons. I stand to be corrected. We also signed Morris , Ennis, stagg, Hannet and beastwood that year
Glad that you admitted it.
Most kennelers would stick to their point then just swear and disappear.

Those players did make a huge difference. And I'd love to see a similar recruitment drive.
But I recall how much of an inspiration Kimmorley was. He never stopped trying. He was the soul of the team.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way Marshall for 250K. I have read reports of him being on 300K and 500K...

Real shame the club didnt even throw an offer at him... he's coming off contract, his brother is here, we have new coach and we can definitely sign him for more than he is currently paid.

With that being said, I think we still should give him a crack even tho we signed Blake Green
Can't see why we couldn't sign both Green and Marshall for one year, until a younger replacement becomes available.

Green is injured, so Benji can step in straight away; then both can come off the bench when fit. They will give the young players a lot of experience in reading the play, and tactical kicking - something Lewis could benefit from.