Halfback 2022

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thing with halves that constantly kick the ball dead giving away 7 tackle sets should have had this sorted by at least 17 to 18 years old. And if you can't control your kicks your not a half, give it away.
Want to know a funny stat? Jake has the same amount of forced drop outs as Adam Reynolds, the same amount of kick errors and less balls kicked dead.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Want to know a funny stat? Jake has the same amount of forced drop outs as Adam Reynolds, the same amount of kick errors and less balls kicked dead.
What are there try assists comparisons.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big mistake that will be. Burton is a running 6, he can use his size and footwork two out from the ruck. You’ll be taking his strengths away asking him to play at first receiver with less room to move
That logic no longer applies in the modern game good halves make space no matter where they get the ball.. look at j Hughes and Munster as an example, both runners. The key to their success is identifying weakness in the opposition defense on the back of a quick play the and injecting themselves selectively at the right time..

It's not rocket science.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can trent barrett
I actually feel bad that I've been so negative towards him in the past. He just doesn't have it and shouldn't have the keys to the team.

BBO is raw but at the very least asks for the ball and has a crack. Blood him now rather than continue to ruin Avo's career.
Please explain why he doesn't give BBO a go at halfback for the last 6 weeks to see what he can do. Give Averillo a run at fullback or in the centres because its so obvious he is not a halfback.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blokes were telling me to wake up to myself because I said I'm not confident avo can be a half. Most of us can see it's just a waste of time persisting with him in first grade ATM.
Agree, and this is where Flanno has to come in this weekend and take the bull by the horns. He is our halfback this weekend and he needs to show if he is our man or not. Barrett is giving him every chance to prove himself with the opportunity to own the team. It's his time to shine so he has to play like his life depends on it. If he isn't in our 3-2-1 even in a losing team then I'm sorry he just isn't who we need going forward. He shouldn't complain if he gets dropped again if he doesn't show signs what he is capable.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a shit attacking cross field kick that lands 12 metres before the try line count as an kick error?

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really am lost at what we do there... we made a GF with Kris Keating lol...
When all you had to do was hit barba out the back, we all could've been half back that year :P. Keating was alright he did what was needed and could kick to the corners.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did a shit attacking cross field kick that lands 12 metres before the try line count as an kick error?
I assume it does but not 100% sure.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mitchell Pearce is the answer I can’t believe we ain’t going for him

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need halves that are prepared to run straight and often. Both Flanagan n wakeham who are on contract next year are not noted for running games. Unless the are prepared to do more than point, kick n pass one or both need to be moved on if possible.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan and Allen have chances to show something this weekend in their positions. If they continue to contribute nothing then neither of them will make next years starting side

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yo man we have actually looked into him deeply as an option (previous oil) and the outcome is he’s deeply declined as a player even England don’t want him and neither do raiders who were considering it to replace George yo.