Halfback 2022

Spenno

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still think Flanagan can be this person. Our forward pack is rubbish and gets owned constantly. Look what happened to Munster in SOO when his forwards got owned. He went completely missing. It is tough for a half to produce when you don’t have space. We never have space. Flanagan is very young. He has the talent. What he needs now is a dominant forward pack and his confidence back.
I might be wrong but let’s see what he can do off the back of Thommo, Pangai, Vaughan, and a few of our reinvigorated current forwards.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he's off the board. He signed a one year extension at the Knights earlier this year. Even took a pay cut to do it 'cause he loves the Knights so much.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was a very good little organiser. Natural halfback who would’ve been the perfect foil for Burton next year.
Cmon bro. Where is cogger now? He is NSW cup at best. Burton needs an experienced organiser at half.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d love to know why we didn’t have a crack at Adam Reynolds. Probably could have locked him in for $700k, apparently he really wanted to stay in Sydney and was prepared to take even less at Souths.
Kyle Flannigan + Adam Elliot = more than enough for Adam Reynolds. I’d go as far as saying this was a huge fuck up.

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seeing we are giving everyone a chance to prove themselves, why don't we try Averillo to Fullback , BBO to Half, Meaney to Wing , Patola off the bench, Okunbour, Nappa , Hoppa, to never play again

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I try not to be overly critical of players, especially when they're young, but fuck me Averillo's kicking game is horrible. Horrible strategy + horrible execution. Him kicking the ball is a detriment to us. Most of the time we would be better off just getting tackled and turning over possession than letting him kick.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am sorry, Burton will not solve this.
He is a runner. We need an organiser who can kick and guide the team around.
Avo single hand destroyed us in the 2nd half.
That kicking game is one of the worst i have ever seen.
I just do not understand how your job is to arrive at training at 8am Monday to Friday, it is your main job and this is what you produce on the weekend.
I simply do not understand. I do not think i ever will.
Very true.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blokes were telling me to wake up to myself because I said I'm not confident avo can be a half. Most of us can see it's just a waste of time persisting with him in first grade ATM.
Avo is a hard one there is no way I would persist with him on the half’s I would rather Flanno and Burton there as they are both two different players behind a good pack and getting taught how to run at the line in the off season will do Flannno a world of good and yeah like I said Avo is a hard one not sure where his position lays ahead is a 14 not sure he fits anywhere in our back line with the signings we have made and young BBO coming up I would rather him as our 14 moving ahead

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still think Flanagan can be this person. Our forward pack is rubbish and gets owned constantly. Look what happened to Munster in SOO when his forwards got owned. He went completely missing. It is tough for a half to produce when you don’t have space. We never have space. Flanagan is very young. He has the talent. What he needs now is a dominant forward pack and his confidence back.
I might be wrong but let’s see what he can do off the back of Thommo, Pangai, Vaughan, and a few of our reinvigorated current forwards.
I think that is right and can be applied to all of the Averillo knockers.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try not to be overly critical of players, especially when they're young, but fuck me Averillo's kicking game is horrible. Horrible strategy + horrible execution. Him kicking the ball is a detriment to us. Most of the time we would be better off just getting tackled and turning over possession than letting him kick.
Been saying this since his first game in the number 7 where he couldn’t lead us to victory against an out form 11 man Raiders team. Too many people got excited by the Performance he put in against the Dragons. The fact is that yes he played a very good game against the Dragons, but was it a good half backs game???? No it wasn’t ! He made a
Couple of decent line breaks and scored some tries , but he could of done that from any position. He still didn’t organise or produce a decent kicking game .

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
pearce will be off to catalan dragons or sum shit on a 3 year deal id say