Half the reward: Averillo wants playmaker role long term

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some people need to settle the fuck down.
Jake is a confidence player and is getting better with more ball in hand 20 yrs old remember!!!
100%. He's only 20 years old and learning the game.

Barrett said he spends his time coaching the halves by going through the decisions they make as a half. Jake has to make wrong decisions to learn.

Aside from the decision making (which he's still learning), he's showing all the other tools to successfully partner burton.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So is Meaney but that doesn’t make him first grade standard.
Not saying he is. I don't see any of the massive hype Avo has got on here. If anything he has failed other then 1 game yet Tbaz keeps picking him there. Same is said for a few other guys. We now have a FB in Dufty so I don't see Avo in the 2022 team at all.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Don’t think halfback is his position. Frankly I don’t know what position he is suited. Has Mbye vibes.
He's simply not ready for NRL.

Has shown glimpses of talent on a few occasions but put talent aside for a minute, I just don't believe he has enough heart yet for first grade.

We desperately need a half to partner Burton next year. If the Pearce rumours are true then bring him on.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep agree, also can't see how it's Barrett's fault that he lacks confidence/skill(would be quite sure Baz tries to instill this trait in him i.e be instinctive, take on the line etc etc)and reacts poorly under pressure with his kicks and fucks them up too often.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He's been given every chance and held a FG spot longer then he should have. Long term Mounties 5/8 and prove yourself there.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo is far from the reason why we’re shit, it fact his one of the few that bust their ass every week for the jersey
Blokes 20 and getting hammered coz our whole squad is dogshit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don’t think halfback is his position. Frankly I don’t know what position he is suited. Has Mbye vibes.
He's 20. Our fans need to stop writing off kids because they can't perform in a wooden spoon team. Meanwhile the same fans praise the signing of a 26 year old reject fullback that no one else wanted thinking he's going to solve issues lololol.

I don't think halfback is his spot but he has been forced into the role he simply shouldn't be playing and it has hurt him. Jahrome Hughes was a reject Titan/Cowboy at an older age, Hynes was a nobody, etc. A 20 year old should have time to find his way into a team and work his way into the NRL but unfortunately for us that isn't happening due to poor coaching, management and recruitment.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
He doesn’t have the organisational skills for a 6… he’s only spot I can see is centre. But achoupp is a better option
Dufty
Fox
Shoupp
Naden
Cotric
Burton
?

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the kid but not convinced that he is a half. I think he is more of a centre tbh.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's simply not ready for NRL.

Has shown glimpses of talent on a few occasions but put talent aside for a minute, I just don't believe he has enough heart yet for first grade.

We desperately need a half to partner Burton next year. If the Pearce rumours are true then bring him on.
If we get Pearce, be ready for Jake to play half for the majority of the season anyway.

Pearce is Foran 2.0, but also brings terrible club culture as well. Waste of coin IMO.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The kid will be a running 5/8 or Fullback.. he is not a 7 and never will be..

He's clearly gun shy and lacking a bit of confidence.. which is not that hard to believe considering is tasked at trying lead the wooden spoon side around the park at 20 years of age.

FMD there's some tough markers here.. if you can't tell the kids got skill and speed and needs to persevered with, well then I can't help you..

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
The kid will be a running 5/8 or Fullback.. he is not a 7 and never will be..

He's clearly gun shy and lacking a bit of confidence.. which is not that hard believe considering is tasked at trying lead the wooden spoon side around the park at 20 years of age.

FMD there's some tough markers here.. if you can't tell the kids got skill and speed and needs to persevered with, well then I can't help you..
You’ve either got it or you don’t. Hes neither 6 or 7 He’s only position left is centre. We need an e halfback otherwise we are fucked next year. Buy Mitch Pearce now

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need go forward but key experience players need to touch the ball alot and we don't have them