Half-back

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we go all in on Scott Drinkwater ??? JAC Burton Drinkwater and Mahoney is a very decent spine

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do we go all in on Scott Drinkwater ??? JAC Burton Drinkwater and Mahoney is a very decent spine
Absolutely, I would.

One of the better attacking players in the game, always a threat with the ball. God knows we need all the help we can get to score points

Equally good at 1 or 6

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well after watching the Storm v Panthers game it seems to help having a real halfback….

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd love to have both but I think they missed Papa more than Hughes.
I’d sell both testicles to have both….

I have to agree but it’s not by a huge amount. They missed both. Doesn’t help when you have Cleary on the other side highlighting the issue. He is a freak.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Name the last team to win a premiership without one?
Every single team that has won the GF in the NRL era has had at least 1 half that has either played Origin or a test match for Australia/New Zealnd except Souths in 2014 with Adam Reynolds & Luke Keary both playing Origin after the 2014 GF. Their fullback for that GF was Inglis who had played Origin & their hooker was Api who went on to play Origin.

We need to upgrade at halfback big time.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We Don't need an elite HB, we just need a solid HB who DOES HIS JOB. A solid HB will unleash Burton.

With Burton and Mahoney, I want a solid HB but a heavy duty FB.
So long as they know what the right job is. I’m not sure Flamingo has been given the correct job assignment

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How long did it take for a #9? About a decade. These guy's think buying a forward all the time will take care of it. Obviously they are/were wrong. Reynolds would have been a great grab, hell even Hastings.
All the money should go to spine players and 1 or 2 strike players… there’s plenty of 110-115kg forwards that can play for 40-45mins and run for 100m+ For next to peanuts

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People Keep blaming the coaches.. theres a common theme in results bad halfback/bad spine = poor attack & poor results.. fix that up and the coach looks alot better..

look at Walters and Payten this year both fixed spine and look at the results..

we have a hooker coming still need a halfback and fullback..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So long as they know what the right job is. I’m not sure Flamingo has been given the correct job assignment
Even if he was directed to do a job the shit **** couldn't do it anyways.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fox could turn out pretty good at FB.

He can catch high balls and doesn't seem afraid of contact.

Would def be screaming out directions from the back and would handle captain as well if not better than Teddy.

Passing we aren't sure of BUT he knows what we need and what is required and is competitive.

Need an aggressive, solid actual try scorer and Taane Milne would be well priced, instead of Oki, Burns, Naden or any of the other soft options we have.

In our situation, at present, with what we have, and can afford, and with what we have left in our sc, JAC is well worth the try out in this miserably failing team.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We Don't need an elite HB, we just need a solid HB who DOES HIS JOB. A solid HB will unleash Burton.

With Burton and Mahoney, I want a solid HB but a heavy duty FB.
Would u be happy with Drinkwater as our half? Who the fuk is out there?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
People Keep blaming the coaches.. theres a common theme in results bad halfback/bad spine = poor attack & poor results.. fix that up and the coach looks alot better..

look at Walters and Payten this year both fixed spine and look at the results..

we have a hooker coming still need a halfback and fullback..
Baz has had a whole salary cap to work with. The spine is his fault. Every year can't be wait until next years signings to come and guess what they always turn to shit because everything this coach touches turns to shit.