Hadley warns Bulldogs over ‘astounding’ Vaughan bid

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
‘They were thrilled to farewell the bloke’: Hadley warns Bulldogs over ‘astounding’ Vaughan bid
Hadley SLAMS Dogs interest in Vaughan

Staff Writers from Fox Sports
July 13th, 2021 9:27 pm

Ray Hadley has said the Bulldogs would be stupid to sign axed Dragons prop Paul Vaughan, claiming that St George Illawarra powerbrokers couldn’t wait to see him move on.

Vaughan was sacked by the Dragons last week after hosting a BBQ at his Shellharbour property in a direct breach of NSW Health guidelines and the NRL’s Covid-19 bubble.
The players involved were hit with big fines and suspensions, with Vaughan handed a $50,000 fine and an eight-game ban.

The Dragons then took the drastic step of ripping up Vaughan’s $800,000 contract.

Vaughan’s asking price would likely be reduced but Hadley said the Bulldogs, who have been linked to the Italian international, would be crazy to sign the sacked Dragons star.

“I thought Trent Barrett was getting rid of people who weren’t worthy of wearing the colours of the Bulldogs,” he told NRL360 on Fox League.

“I’d be astounded, absolutely astounded, if he signed Paul Vaughan.

“I’m not saying Vaughan won’t have a future somewhere, but the last thing Trent Barrett needs at a struggling club is to import another problem.

“He’s got enough problems he’s trying to get rid of at the end of the season without getting another one.”

The Daily Telegraph’s Paul Crawley added: “It’s (about) what you want to buy and want to bring into your club.

“Do they want to buy another excuse and to follow the lead of the Tigers?”

Hadley revealed that the Dragons board were fed up with Vaughan when they pulled the pin on his lucrative deal and said Vaughan wouldn’t help lift the Dogs out of the doldrums.

“There are a trifecta of offences here,” he added.

“I can tell you from speaking to members of the board they were thrilled to farewell the bloke.

“He’s been very hard to manage. I think if the Bulldogs look at it and the board at the Bulldogs look at it – and they’re in a deal of pain and need to sign some players – they need players who would bring a different culture to the club.

“I don’t think Paul would bring that culture unless he’s changed dramatically in the last week.”

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
nASHEED HERE,
Any player is worth it if the right price.
they was 'thrilled' because he took up 800 large, if he was 120k they would defend his honour to the hilt the way Gus defended Jesse

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St Merge were thrilled to farewell him because he was on overs. It’s not his fault they signed him to a stupid deal.

There are sooooo many deadbeats out there who have done a shitload worse than Vaughan. I am not a fan of his nor am I a detractor. But to suggest he would be bad for our culture is ridiculous.

As someone said before was Canberra smashed when they signed CHN ? Has Manly been smashed for offering Dylan Walker a new contract after he bashed his missus over a video game ?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And us signing good boys etc has done wonders hasn’t it. Put a clause in contract one fuck up and your done simple. If he was so bad why was 3/4 of the team partying at his house. A player who so called is hard to manage seems to be good mates with his team mates.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘They were thrilled to farewell the bloke’: Hadley warns Bulldogs over ‘astounding’ Vaughan bid
Hadley SLAMS Dogs interest in Vaughan

Staff Writers from Fox Sports
July 13th, 2021 9:27 pm

Ray Hadley has said the Bulldogs would be stupid to sign axed Dragons prop Paul Vaughan, claiming that St George Illawarra powerbrokers couldn’t wait to see him move on.

Vaughan was sacked by the Dragons last week after hosting a BBQ at his Shellharbour property in a direct breach of NSW Health guidelines and the NRL’s Covid-19 bubble.
The players involved were hit with big fines and suspensions, with Vaughan handed a $50,000 fine and an eight-game ban.

The Dragons then took the drastic step of ripping up Vaughan’s $800,000 contract.

Vaughan’s asking price would likely be reduced but Hadley said the Bulldogs, who have been linked to the Italian international, would be crazy to sign the sacked Dragons star.

“I thought Trent Barrett was getting rid of people who weren’t worthy of wearing the colours of the Bulldogs,” he told NRL360 on Fox League.

“I’d be astounded, absolutely astounded, if he signed Paul Vaughan.

“I’m not saying Vaughan won’t have a future somewhere, but the last thing Trent Barrett needs at a struggling club is to import another problem.

“He’s got enough problems he’s trying to get rid of at the end of the season without getting another one.”

The Daily Telegraph’s Paul Crawley added: “It’s (about) what you want to buy and want to bring into your club.

“Do they want to buy another excuse and to follow the lead of the Tigers?”

Hadley revealed that the Dragons board were fed up with Vaughan when they pulled the pin on his lucrative deal and said Vaughan wouldn’t help lift the Dogs out of the doldrums.

“There are a trifecta of offences here,” he added.

“I can tell you from speaking to members of the board they were thrilled to farewell the bloke.

“He’s been very hard to manage. I think if the Bulldogs look at it and the board at the Bulldogs look at it – and they’re in a deal of pain and need to sign some players – they need players who would bring a different culture to the club.

“I don’t think Paul would bring that culture unless he’s changed dramatically in the last week.”

Sigh him for one year and if he is as is stated here, simply move him on.

If not, and he turns out to be a good signing we gain a signing that would be good value for $.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's right tbh. Baz made a point about how disappointed he was about the players breaking Covid protocol and that he was forced to pick them the following week because we were lacking players yet he has gone and signed Dufty who done the exact same thing and now potentially Vaughan who also broke Covid protocol while having couple of other minor offences and a questionable personality.

Baz opened his mouth in the first place and made us an easy target if we're going to follow through with recruitment like this.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He's right tbh. Baz made a point about how disappointed he was about the players breaking Covid protocol and that he was forced to pick them the following week because we were lacking players yet he has gone and signed Dufty who done the exact same thing and now potentially Vaughan who also broke Covid protocol while having couple of other minor offences and a questionable personality.

Baz opened his mouth in the first place and made us an easy target if we're going to follow through with recruitment like this.
your not wring, despite what we think of covid and how stupid it is, getting opinionated on with virtue signalling it opens you up to hypocrisy.

we all know that for the right player Baz would flip but he didnt need to say what he said

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nah disagree.

When baz said he was disappointed- I don't think he was insinuating that he was so disappointed that those players should never play footy for the club again.