Rumour Haas

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Haas is on $750,000 this year, $800,000 next year and $850,000 the year after. He now wants to upgrade an already upgraded contract, with some team performance-based clauses, to reflect a $1m wage in the next two seasons, with a one-year extension for $1.2m in 2025. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/why-the-nrl-is-as-much-to-blame-as-payne-haas-for-contract-fiasco-20220529-p5apbv.html#:~:text=Haas is on $750,000 this,for $1.2m in 2025.
Sounds like he's trying to price himself out of a Broncos jersey.

Well you would only do that if you had something already in the pipeline..

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say old wrinkled dick Polatis is up to his old money laundering tricks.....he pays the donkeys an X amount of Hass' contract For 23' and 24' as long as they funnel the money back into Hass' account and they get to keep the overs. Hence the Gronks pay a portion of 23" and 24".
The supporter backlash would be huge even if the Broncos were interested in such a deal. No way they'd survive the fall out.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has there been any player of note in the history of the NRL that hasn't been linked to us? Asking for a friend.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Didn't we pay some of Klemmer's money to Knights? Absolutely crazy but that was the scuttlebutt at the time?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Didn't we all know he was going to end up there?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Didn't we pay some of Klemmer's money to Knights? Absolutely crazy but that was the scuttlebutt at the time?
I thought there was a rule in place where a player going to another club before the term of their contract must be paid no more than the current contract.
Put in place as somewhat of a protection measure against clubs enticing players to break contracts for more money.

Though it appears there are no hard fixed rules in the NRL and instead everything is up to the nrlols discretion

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought there was a rule in place where a player going to another club before the term of their contract must be paid no more than the current contract.
Put in place as somewhat of a protection measure against clubs enticing players to break contracts for more money.

Though it appears there are no hard fixed rules in the NRL and instead everything is up to the nrlols discretion
Not sure but I do remember us all up in arms that the club paid Klemmer? Whether that was actually true is all together another thing lol

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure but I do remember us all up in arms that the club paid Klemmer? Whether that was actually true is all together another thing lol
If it was on the kennel it must be true! I would be surprised if we paid anything to Klemmer since he initiated the break of contract....but who knows with the Anderson's leading the ship

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just what I have heard from a player manager :grinning:
He winding u up. Nobody pays freight when a player wants to leave.

Also looks like his mum is a feral. In jail for assault. Not her first time.

Malla

Reaction score
He winding u up. Nobody pays freight when a player wants to leave.

Also looks like his mum is a feral. In jail for assault. Not her first time.
He’s pretty reliable so we will see
Yeah weird ass family tree. He’s a devout Muslim too, go figure lol

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting to see the heading of a news article on Fox website this morning, only to have it removed very quickly.

The Story couldn't be opened when I saw it but the heading said that Haas pulled out of the world cup (that was my tip a while ago) but more importantly that he was committed to stay at the Broncos.

The only reason I would suggest that a story gets pulled like that, is because the information is wrong so someone told them to shut it down.

So if he does pull out of the world cup, then there can only be one part of the story that is wrong - him staying at the Broncos.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting to see the heading of a news article on Fox website this morning, only to have it removed very quickly.

The Story couldn't be opened when I saw it but the heading said that Haas pulled out of the world cup (that was my tip a while ago) but more importantly that he was committed to stay at the Broncos.

The only reason I would suggest that a story gets pulled like that, is because the information is wrong so someone told them to shut it down.

So if he does pull out of the world cup, then there can only be one part of the story that is wrong - him staying at the Broncos.
Or they think they're close to getting a commitment but worried the public announcement might annoy him and he might change his mind.. so they call up news limited who own a big chunk of the club and get the article pulled

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Haas is a very capable player. He is grossly overpaid and has a habit of going missing at times.
He would be a very poor investment.
Yeh I think we can do better with the money

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

He's officially pulled out of the World cup.