Haas arrested and charged for intimidating police & abusing/swearing

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s a very lucky boy. Obviously needs to stay off the drink. If u can’t enjoy a beer without getting aggressive it’s not for you. We’ve all grown up with these blokes, ten schooners in and start looking for trouble. Happy to give him benefit, surely last legs though.
He converted to Islam due to his harsh family upbringing so he shouldn’t be drinking in the first place.

Get the feeling this guy will not last another 2 years.Can’t imagine the other shot he has done which the broncos have swept under the rug.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He converted to Islam due to his harsh family upbringing so he shouldn’t be drinking in the first place.

Get the feeling this guy will not last another 2 years.Can’t imagine the other shot he has done which the broncos have swept under the rug.
He’s got talent though, this usually helps there cause. I don’t think what he did in this instance is that bad. It’s not good and punish accordingly. He definitely needs a strong mentor but Brisbane are lacking leaders at the moment

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Catherine Lumby you are a Bimbo... I hope one day you cop a punch in the mouth from a guy who then blames it on his mistrust for women cause of his crazy ex wife..... That'll make it OK according to you..... Catherine your a oxygen thief...

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Silly boy. Obviously to much to drink. Wonder what a reasonable punishment is for such behaviour
If the Integrity unit have any grapefruit then he should get at least a month's suspension.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
20G fine is expensive, he must of had a reason for mouthing off.
Some cops can be abrupt initially.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Catherine Lumby you are a Bimbo... I hope one day you cop a punch in the mouth from a guy who then blames it on his mistrust for women cause of his crazy ex wife..... That'll make it OK according to you..... Catherine your a oxygen thief...
I'm not following bro... who is this Catherine?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And now the obligatory reason why a Broncos player should not be suspended....................

Broncos star broke down before police clash (msn.com)

Broncos star Payne Haas says that he's struggled to handle the death of his brother and that grief contributed to his clash with police.

Haas, 21, escaped without conviction after pleading guilty to two counts of intimidating police, during a January incident in Tweed Heads.

The State of Origin and Test star said that he was "extremely embarrassed" about an incident in which he verbally abused and threatened police while drunk. He was given a two-year good behaviour bond and is awaiting a ruling from the NRL Integrity Unit.

Haas lost his disabled brother, Chace, suddenly last August. Having become intoxicated after a Broncos training session last month, he went for a walk with his pregnant partner, Leilani Mohenoa, and broke down about his brother's passing.

"I was not in a good head space at all in that moment (when police approached him). I had been drinking. I allowed myself to drink too much which affected my actions," Haas told The Courier Mail.

"It's been tough losing Chace. I haven't spoken much about it. We were really tight. He died so suddenly and to be honest I haven't handled this whole tragedy well.

"Because of the COVID restrictions, I had limited time to process Chace's death with my family. It's been the hardest thing I ever have faced.

"So while I am really embarrassed and disappointed at the way I treated the police, I hope people can see there were other factors behind what happened.

"Thankfully I've had my family and my partner Leilani supporting me and helping me cope during this time. Without them I am not sure I would have gotten through it."

Haas admitted that he had placed his NRL career in jeopardy with his actions. He may miss the start of the season due to his police clash; far from ideal, with the Broncos trying to rebound from their first wooden spoon last year.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
20G fine is expensive, he must of had a reason for mouthing off.
Some cops can be abrupt initially.
He won't have to worry about the 20k, Broncos will pay it out of petty cash like they did with Fifita in Bali.
His reason for mouthing off would simply be "I'm an NRL star and a dickhead so no-one will be able to question a single thing that I do". He has prior form.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
And now the obligatory reason why a Broncos player should not be suspended....................

Broncos star broke down before police clash (msn.com)

Broncos star Payne Haas says that he's struggled to handle the death of his brother and that grief contributed to his clash with police.

Haas, 21, escaped without conviction after pleading guilty to two counts of intimidating police, during a January incident in Tweed Heads.

The State of Origin and Test star said that he was "extremely embarrassed" about an incident in which he verbally abused and threatened police while drunk. He was given a two-year good behaviour bond and is awaiting a ruling from the NRL Integrity Unit.

Haas lost his disabled brother, Chace, suddenly last August. Having become intoxicated after a Broncos training session last month, he went for a walk with his pregnant partner, Leilani Mohenoa, and broke down about his brother's passing.

"I was not in a good head space at all in that moment (when police approached him). I had been drinking. I allowed myself to drink too much which affected my actions," Haas told The Courier Mail.

"It's been tough losing Chace. I haven't spoken much about it. We were really tight. He died so suddenly and to be honest I haven't handled this whole tragedy well.

"Because of the COVID restrictions, I had limited time to process Chace's death with my family. It's been the hardest thing I ever have faced.

"So while I am really embarrassed and disappointed at the way I treated the police, I hope people can see there were other factors behind what happened.

"Thankfully I've had my family and my partner Leilani supporting me and helping me cope during this time. Without them I am not sure I would have gotten through it."

Haas admitted that he had placed his NRL career in jeopardy with his actions. He may miss the start of the season due to his police clash; far from ideal, with the Broncos trying to rebound from their first wooden spoon last year.
Well well well, Payno played the sympathy card like a Gibson Les Paul and got off with a smack on the wrist. Worth a try for any of us that want to behave like fuckwits in the future.
Kudos. Wonder if he'll double-down on that gem when he next gets pulled up for being an absolute flog sometime in the next 6-12 months? We will no doubt find out soon enough.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
news.com.au.

Broncos star Payne Haas handed heaviest NRL punishment allowed
State of Origin star Payne Haas has been smacked with the heaviest punishment allowed under NRL rules for a police tirade.

Tyson Otto
tottodtsport

FEBRUARY 8, 20212:06PM

Broncos star Payne Haas has been slapped with the heaviest fine allowed under NRL rules after his expletive-laden tirade at NSW police.
The NSW Origin forward escaped a conviction and apologised for intimidating police during a drunken foul-mouthed tirade on NSW’s north coast last month.
He pleaded guilty last week and promised to be a better person going forward.

The NRL announced its own punishment for Haas on Monday after a completed Integrity Unit investigation.
The league announced Haas has been suspended for three matches and has been hit with a $50,000 fine — the biggest amount allowed under NRL rules and the collective bargaining agreement with the RLPA.
Haas was arrested in January on the streets of Tweed Heads in northern NSW and charged with two counts of intimidating police and one count of using offensive language.
Payne Haas has felt the NRL’s wrath.

Payne Haas has felt the NRL’s wrath.Source:News Corp Australia
Police facts revealed in court claimed Haas was confronted by two police officers at Jack Evans Boat Harbour on Boundary Street at 10pm on January 16.
He was with his partner and immediately became argumentative and aggressive towards police, the facts state.

“You got a badge on you and you think you’re a f***ing tough c***. You put my family in jail you c***s,” Haas continued in his tirade.
He told one of the officers: “Don’t come near me bro, I’ll f***ing jab ya, on my mother’s life I will.”
“Get the f*** out of here bro, get the f*** out of my face or I’ll take all of you on myself you f***wits.”
Haas looked at the second officer and said: “Why you looking at me like that? Cause you’re a woman? Cause you’re a woman and you think that I won’t touch ya?”
Both officers felt intimidated and placed him under arrest.
Haas was placed on a two-year good behaviour order with no convictions recorded.