Gyms....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DoggyStylz

Has Australia become health conscience or is it a social cop out?

there is 5 gyms and another one "Opening Soon" all within a 300m radius of where I live... looks like they are the new cash cows...

don't get me wrong I love goin to the gym it seems every 2 shopfront is a gym / health club these days

end of rant

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
All the rage these days. Every man and his dog seems to think it's easy to rent out a warehouse/commercial building, hire/lease out some gym equipment, then charge $x per week to use it.

Gyms and Frozen Yoghurt bars are todays "in" things to buy.

Before that it was Subway and Bubble Teas.

You can bet your bottom dollar that in 12-24 months probably 3 of those 5 gyms will have closed its doors.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's funny to see how half these clowns that go to gyms(not everyone) thinks because they can lift weights and get neck tattoos think they are ultimate fighters . They quickly forget after 15 schooners their reaction time is pretty slow and no amount of roids can put muscles on their chin

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some men just go there to work on their looks, actually train for sport or other physical activity, get healthy/trim up or just do it because they think they need to because their mates do lol.

You get a lot those blokes who only work their upper bodies or are roided up and have horrible proportions/strength capabilities. Some of them think they can fight since there upper body is big lol... Or that they are a gift to women, got some news for them; women like legs and butts on men not chick legs haha

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
for me i go mainly for general health and from a personal pov i now see my parents going through serious health problems due to poor decisions in life.

but one question i do have, is with all these 24hr gyms popping up everywhere are they actually manned 24hrs or just during business hours?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a great thing . Went to LA /Disneyland again 2 weeks ago and what a difference 5 years makes.

The city seems to have adopted a health kick , gyms everywhere , kids meals in fast food chains and cafes had changed from your standard deep fried crap and chips to standard deep fried crap with carrots /apples and celery sticks instead! You have to ask for fries.
And The amount of overweight kids I saw had significantly dropped.

On another note got to watch a random bulldogs game on free to air to tv.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
for me i go mainly for general health and from a personal pov i now see my parents going through serious health problems due to poor decisions in life.

but one question i do have, is with all these 24hr gyms popping up everywhere are they actually manned 24hrs or just during business hours?
Similar to me and I also play sport, I've thought about improving my body's look a lot more now though but giving up strength and needed body fat might not be good with sport lol

Usually during business hours bro

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gyms and Frozen Yoghurt bars are todays "in" things to .
hahahaha so true.

frozen Yoghurt bars near me:

-wow cow
-moochoo
-Noogi
-yoghabery
-yo-gi
-there's another just cant think of the name

and literally the same number of gyms around me.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Similar to me and I also play sport, I've thought about improving my body's look a lot more now though but giving up strength and needed body fat might not be good with sport lol

Usually during business hours bro
thats what i thought. hmm... but dont they have a duty of care in case someone injures themselves? for example im going in there at 2:13am for the first time and i pick up a 30kgs dumbell coz i think im a hard carnt, and injure myself. can i sue the company for negligence? or do they make you sign a waiver?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They're a license to print money. Fatties sign up "committed" to changing their ways, go twice then give it away. Meanwhile the gym has got a years worth of fees and no wear on their equipment.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
thats what i thought. hmm... but dont they have a duty of care in case someone injures themselves? for example im going in there at 2:13am for the first time and i pick up a 30kgs dumbell coz i think im a hard carnt, and injure myself. can i sue the company for negligence? or do they make you sign a waiver?
You sign if in the contract I believe plus they have first aid kits, defibrillators and emergency call tags incase.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They're a license to print money. Fatties sign up "committed" to changing their ways, go twice then give it away. Meanwhile the gym has got a years worth of fees and no wear on their equipment.
Haha don't forget how they do cancellation fees of like 20% of the whole contract, people need to know that of they sign up it is hard work lol

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never understood why people drive to the Gym to run on a treadmill...

Humans lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Never understood why people drive to the Gym to run on a treadmill...

Humans lol
Gym memberships at cheap places that them still cost less than one lol

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some men just go there to work on their looks, actually train for sport or other physical activity, get healthy/trim up or just do it because they think they need to because their mates do lol.

You get a lot those blokes who only work their upper bodies or are roided up and have horrible proportions/strength capabilities. Some of them think they can fight since there upper body is big lol... Or that they are a gift to women, got some news for them; women like legs and butts on men not chick legs haha
There the guys that always wear track suit pants!

I used to laugh at the guys that look like they are carrying suitcases under their arms & do that stupid walk that goes with it, a bit like Paul Gallen!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a big business.

10 years ago fitness wasn't in, nowadays its more of a social phase that everyone is doing it, its almost like a trend for these kids to try and be like Zyzz (RIP). With people choosing to live a heather lifestyle. I don't see anything wrong with it, you're going to have those people that "think they're a sick ****" whatever, who cares though tbh go there to focus on yourself imo.

Since everyone is doing it, I guess everyone is getting on board to make a buck! that's how I see it.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not australia, just in Sydney.

Its more for self image i reckon. Half these people that go to the gym aren't even fit or healthy. Just big.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There the guys that always wear track suit pants!

I used to laugh at the guys that look like they are carrying suitcases under their arms & do that stupid walk that goes with it, a bit like Paul Gallen!
LOL don't get me started on the obvious blokes wearing trackies...

Its a big business.

10 years ago fitness wasn't in, nowadays its more of a social phase that everyone is doing it, its almost like a trend for these kids to try and be like Zyzz (RIP). With people choosing to live a heather lifestyle. I don't see anything wrong with it, you're going to have those people that "think they're a sick ****" whatever, who cares though tbh go there to focus on yourself imo.

Since everyone is doing it, I guess everyone is getting on board to make a buck! that's how I see it.
I do agree that it has become a social phase but the dudes with the sick **** ego and shit do become annoying in the gym when they leave equipment around everywhere and don't really respect others in it.

Not australia, just in Sydney.

Its more for self image i reckon. Half these people that go to the gym aren't even fit or healthy. Just big.
Walah cuz they are forever bulking on Maccas and working chest and arms oh yeah don't forget smoko after gym yeah lol

Reaction score
lol, once woolies figures that out we're screwed. 2 gyms in the future, coles and woolies

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol, once woolies figures that out we're screwed. 2 gyms in the future, coles and woolies
Lol, imagine a woollies gym ? You'd have to walk down the confectionary aisle to get to the treadmills and they'd sell cigarettes out the front !

Status
Not open for further replies.