GWS into the Grand Final

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People deep down love winners. Especially kids.

Dont underestimate how many kids are playing Aussie Rules. The true effects wont be seen for another 10-20 years.

I agree. My 8yr son plays auskick and not NRL. He is a giants fan. Tried to get him to follow the dogs but that was in the middle of Des Ball anD he said he wants to go for a team that wins. Giants were winning and have been for last 4yrs.He gave up on the dogs and joined the giants 4yrs ago

I've been to more AFL games in the last 4 years than NRL mainly to take my son and see him follow his passion like i did when i was young watching the dogs in the 80's / 90's. My passion is the Bullldogs his is the GIANTS.

I live in the riverina which is more or less 50/50 NRL to AFL. AFL is a massive threat to NRL , they provide more activites in schools, provide more clinics for kids. The have a long term plan which they will continue to throw money at. GWS is a prime example. AFL are winning the war ...

I am taking my son this sat to Melb to watch the GF at the MCG. Up the GIANTS !!!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Mrs is a Swans fan. I follow Carlton and GWS. Carlton because they were versing Swans when she dragged me to the first game, and Giants 'cause they're my local team and I really don't like the Swans.

The Mrs kept picking on me 'cause I wouldn't back the Swans against any other team. The moment we saw Giants win and I was cheering, she said "Go Tigers"
Good to see you have a vibrant, loving, supportive, and above all normal marriage.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just heard that the Opera House is going to be turned Orange in support of GWS. And plans are being made to do a parade in the city if they win.

What the hell!!??

What part of GWS is not understood here? If they are going to turn anything Orange it should be the light horse interchange on the M4/M7. And if they have a parade it should be in Blacktown or Rooty Hill. What is up with the latte set claiming whatever team makes the final? They already have the Swans. GWS should tell them to rack off.

PS, I don't give a stuff about AFL.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People deep down love winners. Especially kids.

Dont underestimate how many kids are playing Aussie Rules. The true effects wont be seen for another 10-20 years.
AFL maybe be shit too watch on tv, especially as a league fan, but to play afl is great. Far more kid friendly and far more inclusive of a range of body shapes and sizes.
League at the grassroots level is dying. Junior clubs are drying up.
AFL is growing.
10-20 years. It will be dominant.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
AFL maybe be shit too watch on tv, especially as a league fan, but to play afl is great. Far more kid friendly and far more inclusive of a range of body shapes and sizes.
League at the grassroots level is dying. Junior clubs are drying up.
AFL is growing.
10-20 years. It will be dominant.
I played a few games of AFL.
Wasn’t happy with the team I played in.
I should of played for Richmond, there guys were all my size and possibly on amphetamines?

It’s a good way to get fit and build stamina playing AFL.

Also they start punching on in AFL for no reason only to get under the skin of their opposition!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This is how criminal these bastards, and how at war with us they are...

This morning on Sunrise, where do they broadcast the GWS support base from? PUNCHBOWL PUBLIC SCHOOL!

Farking assholes. They are 'Greater' Western Sydney (Penrith etc...) yet they target 'South West' Sydney kids. More specifically, kids in our locality.

Honestly they are cunning Karmichaels and I hope Richmond give them an unlubricated black Uncle Reamus directly up their anus.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dogs support base will always be strong... I don't care about all that, I will be cheering GWS on today!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is how criminal these bastards, and how at war with us they are...

This morning on Sunrise, where do they broadcast the GWS support base from? PUNCHBOWL PUBLIC SCHOOL!

Farking assholes. They are 'Greater' Western Sydney (Penrith etc...) yet they target 'South West' Sydney kids. More specifically, kids in our locality.

Honestly they are cunning Karmichaels and I hope Richmond give them an unlubricated black Uncle Reamus directly up their anus.
There's no middle field team. You're either Sydney (Eastern Suburbs) or Giants (Western suburbs)

It makes more sense to have it in Punchbowl.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dear Christ.. what is this pre game entertainment... this might be the first year in a while that we outdo them... Tones and I... wtf

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear Christ.. what is this pre game entertainment... this might be the first year in a while that we outdo them... Tones and I... wtf
Can't stand her.

Dean Lewis isn't terrible but he put everyone to sleep

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't stand her.

Dean Lewis isn't terrible but he put everyone to sleep
God.. take me back to the 80s.. hell, even 90s..... how can they honestly expect us to take these acts seriously... looks like AFL are on our level now

Wahesh

Reaction score
There's no middle field team. You're either Sydney (Eastern Suburbs) or Giants (Western suburbs)

It makes more sense to have it in Punchbowl.
Mate Punchbowl is closer to the City (20km) than Penrith (40km).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate Punchbowl is closer to the City (20km) than Penrith (40km).
Yeah, but Giants aren't from Penrith. They're originally from Blacktown and their home stadium and club home is Olympic Park.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah, but Giants aren't from Penrith. They're originally from Blacktown and their home stadium and club home is Olympic Park.
Regardless Punchbowl isn’t in Greater Western Sydney and they are at war with YOUR NRL TEAM. You shouldn’t support them in any way.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well that should be it... Tigers far too strong.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the only game of AFL I've watched this year.... it truely does look like 1st vs 6th.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No coming back from here.. losing every battle!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well that should be it... Tigers far too strong.
yep.. GWS never been it really.. might have got the first goal against run of play but it's all the Tigers.. great team