Social Media Gus

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did anyone see Footy ? The panel were discussing Gus next moves and he outlined ‘I’ve always had 2-3 jobs’ and that journo chimed in ‘ so are you going to work for the Bulldogs’?

He dodged the question looking a little uncomfortable

Thoughts?

I would have him back in some capacity overseeing player development /pathways to FG

Get the nursery strong like at Penrith

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seen that well he didn’t denie it with Laundy coming on he wants to buy influence he is a supporter and laundys is worth some serious cash and a strong leagues club I can see gus coming into the fold but the andersons need to be gone for it to happen

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah i watched it and he danced around dribbling alot of irrelevant information trying to avoid the question. I dare say if an NRL is available to him then he won't be involved at our club

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone see Footy ? The panel were discussing Gus next moves and he outlined ‘I’ve always had 2-3 jobs’ and that journo chimed in ‘ so are you going to

Thoughts?

I would have him back in some capacity overseeing player development /pathways to FG

A lot of people bag me Gould but he has one of the best footy brains around and as an advisor to Trent Barrett that would be awesome.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of people bag me Gould but he has one of the best footy brains around and as an advisor to Trent Barrett that would be awesome.
I always thought he has a sharp footy brain prob the best in the business

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh wow.. That would just be the cherry on the top, of he came in an joined Baz.. stability,new rebuild and new look club,heading on a very successful path.. with gus, The attraction for big name players to join just went up 10 fold, if this was to happen.!!! Happy fucking days :hearteyes:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he's headed for a role with the NRL but if that didn't eventuate I'd be happy for him to have a proper full time role at the club and not some advisory role that doesn't achieve much.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he's headed for a role with the NRL but if that didn't eventuate I'd be happy for him to have a proper full time role at the club and not some advisory role that doesn't achieve much.
He won’t work for the nrl.too many issues

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He won’t work for the nrl.too many issues
You might be right. There's too much politics involved.. Gus isn't one to bite his tongue and would ruffle some feathers but to be honest that's what the game needs.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You might be right. There's too much politics involved.. Gus isn't one to bite his tongue and would ruffle some feathers but to be honest that's what the game needs.
It is what it needs but the powers to be won’t make the changes that are necessary.gus has had some major issues with the way the game is being run for a while.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone talks about the success he has had. However theres silence about his vast amount of failures.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone see Footy ? The panel were discussing Gus next moves and he outlined ‘I’ve always had 2-3 jobs’ and that journo chimed in ‘ so are you going to work for the Bulldogs’?

Thoughts?

Won’t be coming till Anderson Is gone him
And Chris have beef

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won’t be coming till Anderson Is gone him
And Chris have beef
Well Chris came out and said he isnt directly involved and wanted to squash those rumours.
This is the club's opportunity to show that is the truth, put their egos aside and make the right decisions for the sake of the club.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Thoughts?

The Penrith nursery is massive and rugby league heartland, so that accounts for the quality of juniors. He simply hired a great talent scout (scalped from us if I'm not mistaken). Seems like he was a figurehead there really.

Really don't think he's some business guru that will turn things golden for us.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Gus was seen with Dunn the week before the Barrett rumour. Gus has massive wraps on Barrett, said he seen him as the next long term panther coach. No way barrett was coming to the dogs without all the backroom crap with a hired gun to keep his eye on the natives. Barrett and price can do with Gus around.

Last edited: