Official Gus on Twitter

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if this is true because Gus could simply just say nothing.

If it is true and we don't get at least 1 or 2 good metre eating first grade experienced props for next year (after fucking off Thompson) Gus has let us down badly IMO
Look if nobodies on the kennel can see we are a bit skinny in the middle I’m sure Gussy can. I reckon we’ll land somebody with experience soon enough.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone ask Gus what is a wooden spoon team? He has come out this year and said both tigers and dragons do not have wooden spoon teams. Where does that leave us?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Can someone ask Gus what is a wooden spoon team? He has come out this year and said both tigers and dragons do not have wooden spoon teams. Where does that leave us?
Just cause on paper you don't have a wooden spoon team doesn't mean you won't get one. He is just pointing out that the teams are much better than they are playing. Tigers have seemed to turn the corner. Dragons have major issues with how the roster is constructed currently.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if this is true because Gus could simply just say nothing.

If it is true and we don't get at least 1 or 2 good metre eating first grade experienced props for next year (after fucking off Thompson) Gus has let us down badly IMO
He’s not going to waste cap money for the sake of spending since most players will want a minimum 2yr deal - 2025 is ripe for the pickings on a number of extremely elite talent…. 2024 has sweet FA left unfortunately - but he’ll pick up some capable middles like Hame Sele.

We should be placing some faith in guys like Edwards, Hughes and Morrin - One or two more middles should do us for 24 anything more is a bonus. 25 Gus will buy up big if we’re not finals bound by then.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see where you’re going … but let’s also remember that he doesn’t make them in the shed out the back…

He needs to work out who’s actually available, would they be a good fit for the club, have they got the motor and don’t end up Napa-ing us, what money they’d need and if they’d even want to come to our club, and then he’s probably dealing with managers who are playing other clubs off against him ..

Who are you suggesting he go and get ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see where you’re going … but let’s also remember that he doesn’t make them in the shed out the back…

He needs to work out who’s actually available, would they be a good fit for the club, have they got the motor and don’t end up Napa-ing us, what money they’d need and if they’d even want to come to our club, and then he’s probably dealing with managers who are playing other clubs off against him ..

Who are you suggesting he go and get ?
Wouldn't mind seeing us sign Hame Sele and Tyson Frizel who could play 13. We need at least 2 new tough forwards to stop other packs rolling through us

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing us sign Hame Sele and Tyson Frizel who could play 13. We need at least 2 new tough forwards to stop other packs rolling through us
I agree mate ..