Official Gus on Twitter

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it was Brandy that pointed it out after the game but all we have is Mahoney and Burton to create anything in attack. Flanno is easy pickings because he catches and passes all the time and Hayze is just a runner of the ball.

If we had a running threat at half it would open up the game so much for us. We are literally 12 on 14 in their red zone hence why it's so hard for us to score points closer to the line.
Who’s their 14th?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%. He is saying it should have been a penalty, but in his view it's not an obstruction which has always been the way hes approached obstructions in the past.

I still don't understand why people think Gus and CC should go nuclear in front of the press on the refs? What will this achieve? One of the key attributes to becoming a winning team is accountability. If CC and Gus come out and blame the refs, where's the accountability in that for us? We had ample opportunity to win the game before and after that try. If Alamoti finds Addo Carr and doesn't throw that intercept, would this even be a discussion? If we make 4 errors instead of 9, if we miss 20 tackles instead of 37, if we chance our arm and break the line 5 times instead of 2... you get where I am going. We can only focus on what is within our control. We had plenty of chances to ice that game yesterday but lacked execution to do so. This is something the team needs to improve. It almost (should have) cost us against Tigers and Storm could have easily beat us too.

Blowing up at the refs does us and the team absolutely zero favours. Get over it.
Its one thing not to take accountability or have a blame the ref mentality and its another thing not to raise it if you disagree with their call.
The refs are just like others, if you dont question their calls, not saying they would be careless, but they have other priorities like not slowing the game down etc. Yesterday was a perfect example. That deserved a closer look than just giving a "try confirmed" as quick as that. Bet you if those refs involved had their calls questioned recently, theyd stop and review that try more closely.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus not speaking up kind of pisses me off. Call the NRL out on the BS. We always seem to be on the end of these calls where they decide to change rules. The obstruction rule after we blitzed 2012. Even the rule with the bunker reviewing every try no matter what, remember why that came in? Because again, in our game Souths scored a try that the ref awarded. Replays showed the **** was out. So again, we cop a shit call and the NRL decide to change the rules. Load of shit.

Ciraldo needed to go nuclear today and call the refs out on their shit officiating.
Last year when Broncos scored against us from a scrum our inside defenders were obstructed, NRL said that ref and bunker "used discretion" in awarding the try. I have not seen "discretion" used since.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its one thing not to take accountability or have a blame the ref mentality and its another thing not to raise it if you disagree with their call.
The refs are just like others, if you dont question their calls, not saying they would be careless, but they have other priorities like not slowing the game down etc. Yesterday was a perfect example. That deserved a closer look than just giving a "try confirmed" as quick as that. Bet you if those refs involved had their calls questioned recently, theyd stop and review that try more closely.
That subjective. Everyone agrees and/or disagrees. Who cares, move on.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it was Brandy that pointed it out after the game but all we have is Mahoney and Burton to create anything in attack. Flanno is easy pickings because he catches and passes all the time and Hayze is just a runner of the ball.

If we had a running threat at half it would open up the game so much for us. We are literally 12 on 14 in their red zone hence why it's so hard for us to score points closer to the line.
100% brother but its more to it than just our halves, missing TPJ, pele, thompson. You all have to remember we trained pre season with our full squad and none of them expected to have so much injuries shifting the whole front row.. We need to win the front row battle because CC is a very good coach but having our forward pack not punching out big meters or putting big defensive hits then we become our own problem. Karl OP or not, we are missing the final piece of the puzzle which is our forward pack. Remember when we had games TPJ scaring the opposition, just with his presence will create other teams second guessing. Flanno is deadset a liability and i guess Gus and CC don't want Karl into the team so quick as it would probably hurt his development. Reed continues to show his worth but our halves and forward pack ain't following him in return. Once we click from the forward pack then the whole team will benefit. It's so hard to watch hynes play for the sharks, last night he showed what a half can do. He picked up where he left off last year. Yet their forward pack was giving them good meters. I don't know i am kind of worn out commenting how many years in a row we have been short on the front row troops.

When you look back at our 2009 team, 2012 and 2014 it has all one thing in common, a damn good forward pack which did the work and the halves were able to capitalize. 2012 we had both our halves running the ball and breaking through lines. Now we don't see if any of that and it's been like this for over 5 years.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
English 101 for @Nasheed...................

When you put those words together in that order they mean that the rule is wrong and it shouldn't be an obstruction, but under the current rules it was a penalty.

I know you struggle with comprehension of the English language so just thought I would help you out. You clearly need it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
English 101 for @Nasheed...................

When you put those words together in that order they mean that the rule is wrong and it shouldn't be an obstruction, but under the current rules it was a penalty.

I know you struggle with comprehension of the English language so just thought I would help you out. You clearly need it.
That’s not at all what he said yo.
Thsi is what he said.
‘ It was not obstruction. Reed Mahoney had no intention of tackling Johnson. I know they have always penalised these incidents and disallowed tries, but they did so incorrectly. How they got it right today is a mystery’

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s not at all what he said yo.
Thsi is what he said.
‘ It was not obstruction. Reed Mahoney had no intention of tackling Johnson. I know they have always penalised these incidents and disallowed tries, but they did so incorrectly. How they got it right today is a mystery’
Yo

Your right.

He also said under the current rules it was a penalty.

He said the rules we
English comprehension dude.

YO

Peace OUT!!!!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yo

Your right.

He also said under the current rules it was a penalty.

He said the rules we
English comprehension dude.

YO

Peace OUT!!!!!
My thang was Mahoney tried to scam and I agree maybe a penalty but it is line call yo is all I am trying to say.