Official Gus on Twitter

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Simple maths you say. But if you cut carbs completely, you will lose weight.
Im usually around the 70kg mark, but while living in france, and after a winter of indulgence i was at about 78kg. I completely cut carbs, but ate loads of meat and cheesy goodness, and did nothing else different, and i dropped 6kg in under 2 weeks. No exercise or anything. So yeah, thats my philosophy.
Well yeh agree. Society has been eating low fat foods for decades but obesity is a bigger issue than ever. Unfortunately manufacturers replaced fat with sugar, starches etc (carbs) to make it palatable. So reducing carbs will have a significant impact. The basis of the Atkins diet. Atkins promoted almost no carbs at all and died from long term consumption of an unbalanced “no carb” diet. A balanced diet with reduction in carbs (sugars and starchy foods in particular), reduced fast foods, sat fat and salt along with healthy lifestyle (regular exercise) will yield best weight reduction results and healthy body. Balanced. Nothing to extreme. The fundamental basis of the diet plans given to our players.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can’t wait for Nate’s reply haha

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Trying to make a fg side out of our juniors isnt possible yet. You need a good fg side before u get the best out of juniors. The way we have gone recently is blooding juniors before they are ready, due to not enough fg players. Letting them develop properly is better in the long run instead of losing confidence by being out of their depth in fg too soon.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well yeh agree. Society has been eating low fat foods for decades but obesity is a bigger issue than ever. Unfortunately manufacturers replaced fat with sugar, starches etc (carbs) to make it palatable. So reducing carbs will have a significant impact. The basis of the Atkins diet. Atkins promoted almost no carbs at all and died from long term consumption of an unbalanced “no carb” diet. A balanced diet with reduction in carbs (sugars and starchy foods in particular), reduced fast foods, sat fat and salt along with healthy lifestyle (regular exercise) will yield best weight reduction results and healthy body. Balanced. Nothing to extreme. The fundamental basis of the diet plans given to our players.
No doubt plenty of exercise and a balanced diet is the way to go! People are just obsessed with how they look, its human nature. But the reality is we come in all shapes and sizes. This would remain thesame even if every single person on the planet ate exactly the same thing every day.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate im on keto, so no carbs.
There is a new beer called better beer, zero carbs. The new super dry is also 2 carbs
At home i drink vodka and soda water which is zero carbs
If you are trying to lose weight it's the joules in booze that hurts you. Low carb beer is a rought.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep 100%
People that say it's all from dropping carbs are confused.

It's because the carbs they consumed were calorie dense foods and they ate a lot of it with ease and didn't realise total calories consumed.

So when they do cut them out, they don't realise the caloric deficit they are in because they likely don't even know their maintenance levels.

Anyone who questions this I would challenge them to make a meal plan 2500-3000 calories with minimal to no carbs and they will realise that they probably dont eat as much as they think they do.

What ever works for the individual is great, but as you said it's all about being in a calorie deficit.
Correct but with a caveat. If you cut out the carbs to the point you put your body into Ketosis. That will drop the weight like a mother fucker. But yes, that aside people lose weight when they drop the carbs because of the amount of calories in the carbs.