Official Gus on Twitter

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to agree that Hazem was the better overall winger but for goal kicking no one compares to Halligan. He did have the odd off day to prove he’s only human, wind was a factor, but more often than not when the ‘Dogs scored, whether it was wide out on either side of the ground it was 6 points not 4.

Hazem was very similar but the difference was Halligan could kick goals from further out than Hazem. Halligan could kick them from near halfway, Hazem would only attempt them if they were within his range, but as a winger/finisher he was brilliant.
Good point forgot about the kicking distance.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh indeed. Spent 15 years working on and off in or around PNG. Great place and people. NRL mad.
Never been, have known a couple guys from there over the years. Based on the little knowledge I have I can’t see how it could happen.

The place is too volatile. They’d never be able to recruit a big name either.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never been, have known a couple guys from there over the years. Based on the little knowledge I have I can’t see how it could happen.

They'd have to be based out of nth qld and then what's the point

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

10 million rugby league mad people, they could produce their own talent, particularly if they had a team

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly the most cost effective option bro.
All you need to do really is incest some cash in Cumbria which has a bustling amateur scene and get a couple to come to Australia.
France is crushing out for some investment and who knows what can be achieved there.
PNG just never seems fully tapped.
My issue is everyone always wants to go to the islands and 20 years ago this would have been shrewd but now everyone is in there and it’s Saturated and it’s just a small place

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All you need to do really is incest some cash in Cumbria which has a bustling amateur scene and get a couple to come to Australia.
France is crushing out for some investment and who knows what can be achieved there.
My issue is everyone always wants to go to the islands and 20 years ago this would have been shrewd but now everyone is in there and it’s Saturated and it’s just a small place
C8E3ACA0-1D41-4F79-A223-6D7B8EE98BEE.jpeg

@Bulldogsteve ... @lovemachine your thoughts?

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That first sentence is a great read.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They'd have to be based out of nth qld and then what's the point
Why? It takes less time to fly to PNG than it does to fly to Perth.
Post Covid this season the PNG Hunters (10 years in Qld Cup) are playing out of Port Moresby and the Kaiviti Silktails out of Lautoka. They are on their way to joining the NRL in 2025, both the PNG and Australian Governments are supporting it.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Nash has the idea with all the cash floating around clubs could just buy their own suitable long haul jet(for trips to France etc)and fly all over the shop recruiting, developing and managing potential talent etc :tearsofjoy:

As for Perth..I'd love a team here but all the fucking Afl nuffies are one eyed or non responsive to new things..hence the "wait awhile" analogies lol
As for talent I'm doubtful on that front too, though I don't follow the local league at all I don't think the standard is right up there..
Last name i recall being registered was the Pirates years ago now, dunno if that's still the case..and arrrgghh to be sure(or not)regarding how big the support is from the powers that be I have 0 clue on where the NRL stands.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Nash has the idea with all the cash floating around clubs could just buy their own suitable long haul jet(for trips to France etc)and fly all over the shop recruiting, developing and managing potential talent etc :tearsofjoy:

As for Perth..I'd love a team here but all the fucking Afl nuffies are one eyed or non responsive to new things..hence the "wait awhile" analogies lol
As for talent I'm doubtful on that front too, though I don't follow the local league at all I don't think the standard is right up there..
Last name i recall being registered was the Pirates years ago now, dunno if that's still the case..and arrrgghh to be sure(or not)regarding how big the support is from the powers that be I have 0 clue on where the NRL stands.
It’s about 1 grand to England return and 600 to Fiji so spare the cost thing.

15 years ago Russell Crowe went to a small town called Dewsbury and nabbed 4 brothers to come play for south’s.
They formed the premiership winning team in 2014.

Their name was Burgess.

cunbria is league heartland but don’t have their own team. Why aren’t we there? It’s half a million ppl.

That’s the thinking we need. Love machine thinking.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s about 1 grand to England return and 600 to Fiji so spare the cost thing.

15 years ago Russell Crowe went to a small town called Dewsbury and nabbed 4 brothers to come play for south’s.
They formed the premiership winning team in 2014.

Their name was Burgess.

cunbria is league heartland but don’t have their own team. Why aren’t we there? It’s half a million ppl.

That’s the thinking we need. Love machine thinking.
Cumbria have several teams
Whitehaven, workingtown, barrow to name a few
Do your homework better nasheed