Official Gus on Twitter

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who were the niff nuffs saying he was going to start this year? he still needs alot of experience in reggies, maybe later in the year he will get a run
I think he’s a good chance of getting a run in the season half of our season pending his progress in reserves obviously.
Mind you there’s a few in that same boat.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he’s a good chance of getting a run in the season half of our season pending his progress in reserves obviously.
Mind you there’s a few in that same boat.
yeh agree, but those saying that they wanted him to start round 1 have NFI

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he really on 650 though? Have we got any brokers on the kennel?

The apartment sale price was 1.5mish, let’s say he borrows 1.4 and his mums house is used as security.

1.4m loan is close to 2k per week repayments, single guy, no dependants.

That’s high risk for a lender I’d imagine. Oh wait he’s got Mark Bouris the dodgy **** sorry forgot about that.
Yeh idk what he is on man..ironically I used to be a broker just small scale here in W.A
2k a week when he is getting 7k+(if on 650K gross)is a deal all day every day :grinning:
I reckon proper banks lol would shorten the loan term re: the risk you mentioned..so the payments might be double but still within limits.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think you know 66
Yeh do now lol(I wasn't on the current page when I read ur comments haha)there have been a few say that I reckon.. I hope he develops well but he is i assume and Gus confirms it VERY raw atm..Alamoti is a not yet too?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh do now lol(I wasn't in the current page when I read ur comments haha)there have been a few I reckon.. I hope he develops well but he is i assume and Gus confirms it very raw atm..Alamoti is a not yet too?
i think alamonti is closer, but he had defensive deficiencies also. looking forward to the trials to see how they have developed with the new defensive structures hopefully CC is putting in place.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Other options are poor, that's why
doesnt mean you chuck someone to the wolves who isnt ready and make the situation worse.
the way i see it we have Burns, Alamonti and Kiraz as centre options. It will depend on the combinations and who plays winger to determine the centre combinations.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure with Bouris owning Yellow Brick Road, his contacts would have gotten him a you beaut deal … maybe even 100% with waved LMI and low interest rate ..

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an investment property to reduce his taxable income … if so and it’s a newly built property it would be an interest only loan for the first 5 years to reduce the repayment amounts.

I know the paper bags thing is a regular joke but the Roosters are very good at helping their players to invest their money … they teach them that it’s not about how much you make, it’s about what you do with what you make … they’re in the know when it comes to wealth creation ..

If they get a player for $750k they have the big hitters on board to show that player how to turn that $$750k into $3mill .. which is a huge incentive …

If you haven’t heard why Mark Bouris called it Yellow Brick Road you should do so, very interesting …

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suaalii is on 650k already. That’s on the cap. He just bought a house in double bay
Is he upgraded now? His initial contract with the Rorters when he left Souths was declared at approximately 470K - 480K per season.

Anyway whatever the amount it will be topped up with the Rooster's 'Signed For Less To Win A Premiership Subsidy Allowance'.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im sure with Bouris owning Yellow Brick Road, his contacts would have gotten him a you beaut deal … maybe even 100% with waved LMI and low interest rate ..

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an investment property to reduce his taxable income … if so and it’s a newly built property it would be an interest only loan for the first 5 years to reduce the repayment amounts.

I know the paper bags thing is a regular joke but the Roosters are very good at helping their players to invest their money … they teach them that it’s not about how much you make, it’s about what you do with what you make … they’re in the know when it comes to wealth creation ..

If they get a player for $750k they have the big hitters on board to show that player how to turn that $$750k into $3mill .. which is a huge incentive …

If you haven’t heard why Mark Bouris called it Yellow Brick Road you should do so, very interesting …
He is a very smart man..don't get the digs about him(dodgy wtf?)but I don't follow closely what he is up to at the moment.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

yellow brick road is not a lender in its own right, it uses a panel of lenders. it has its own product but that is under written by another organization.
The loan has to be legit or bouris would lose his accreditation.
there are no 100% loans any more unless you are using security in another property to borrow against.
Id say he would have a sizeable deposit put away and borrowing at 80% deposit.