Official Gus on Twitter

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that's about the size of the confirmations we get these days. It would help if the club actually thought so much of their supporters that they would officially unveil some of these signings. They haven't even officially confirmed Kikau or Mahoney yet!
I think the ship has sailed on that one... I think they went cold on making announcements around the time because of the leaked photo of Kiks... but now it feels like announcing it would be, What? does that mean it wasn't official before? And give drunkfield ammunition.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the ship has sailed on that one... I think they went cold on making announcements around the time because of the leaked photo of Kiks... but now it feels like announcing it would be, What? does that mean it wasn't official before? And give drunkfield ammunition.
All they need to do is 1. publish a list of the top 30 as it stands 2. publish list of second tier contracts 3. publish list of development contract players

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All they need to do is 1. publish a list of the top 30 as it stands 2. publish list of second tier contracts 3. publish list of development contract players
I'm sure a list will be published when it is finalised, Gus has admitted they are still working on it. Putting one out when he maybe working on moving some out could be counterproductive.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure a list will be published when it is finalised, Gus has admitted they are still working on it. Putting one out when he maybe working on moving some out could be counterproductive.
Maybe so but at least properly announce signings and status top 30 or whatever..i.e have seen him mention Sutton but also don't recall any official announcement(I get site notifications to my phone like I'm sure others do)didn't get anything it's a little unprofessional if their done deals, not sure wtf is going on half the time..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus is probably doing it old school.

Back in the day while I was growing up as a dogs fan, I couldn't remember any official announcements.

We'd read about it in a small little section in the Telegraph about such and such player joining the dogs, or on talk back radio and that was about it.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus is probably doing it old school.

Back in the day while I was growing up as a dogs fan, I couldn't remember any official announcements.

We'd read about it in a small little section in the Telegraph about such and such player joining the dogs, or on talk back radio and that was about it.
there is still alot of shuffling the decks so they wont announce it until they have the top30 settled

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why name a top 30 now? We know the definites, and the others - especially the fringe players - just need to keep working hard to earn spots. I don't think satisfying our curiosity out-weighs keeping some of them on their toes. Then there's the chance for 5 or 6 months worth of trades anyway.