Official Gus on Twitter

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We may be 1 FRF short but to say “we don’t have forwards” is a bit of a stretch. What do you call TPJ, King, Kikau, Jackson and Thompson ‍
TPJ - 1 good game to 3 MIA. Lazy defender. Very over rated
King - loved on TK. Bench at best in top sides
Kikau - great buy. But he definitely is not consistent and plays inside great halves
Jackson - retirement.
Thompson - does he still play for us? I dont think he'll be here 2023.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kikau - great buy. But he definitely is not consistent and plays inside great halves
Jackson - retirement.
Geez..according to you we're fucked lol @Gus help!!

-Jacko will play on he isn't going to retire(wouldn't be too upset if he did though), may actually be needed with our current roster for 2023 looking borderline thin for forward troops.
-I reckon knockers are too harsh on TPJ he should go great next year, was never gonna be a beast every game and this isn't a newly developed trait.Malla seems to have some inside word on the guy but I'm giving him benefit of the doubt at this stage, fatherhood may subtly change the guy too(haven't heard any news on the baby hope all is good there?)..if he does not go so well at least there is another highly paid forward to get roasted week after week..have to keep the kennel fed for ***** to pot.
-Thommo I've never seen so much speculation etc on a player, if I had a dollar for every statement he is gone, shit, soft, etc..I'd have enough for a 2 week holiday somewhere nice easily lol.Granted some things of his own doing have painted a target on his back I'm trusting the concussion story while seemingly baffling as to how could it be so..is true.
Remains to be seen but I'm assuming he is staying at this stage and hopefully has a big season next year.
-Think your quite wrong on King he is a very good linebending prop, him and Vaughan have been diamonds around some rocks or rocky patches.
-Kiks will be fantastic mate, we still kind of need a better 7 so the combination with him and Burto can flourish but he will be very good.

Where an error has been made with our forwards imo actually maybe two, 1.not re-signing Vaughan definitely and 2.I'm very iffy on Sutton hopefully he kicks on under Ciraldo.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson - retirement.
Have you even watched a game of football LOL

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People should be excited about the Ciraldo appointment. He is a gun.
When you talk about the expected improvement in defence, you need to have the players who are capable of
carrying out the plan. Without that capability, there is little improvement in the defence.
Some of the players we have, and a few of the newer ones are not defense orientated.

Reactions: ATT

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People should be excited about the Ciraldo appointment. He is a gun.
When you talk about the expected improvement in defence, you need to have the players who are capable of
carrying out the plan. Without that capability, there is little improvement in the defence.
Some of the players we have, and a few of the newer ones are not defense orientated.
Kiks will help tighten up the left edge, I think in the middle Mahoney is probably not as safe as JMK in defense. Right edge will need a bit of an overhaul.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Jackson - retirement.
Someone retire this fool from the kennel

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson - retirement.
King has been a revelation who has come from nowhere to be our best forward over the season.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Makes you wonder why Barrett wasn't afforded that same time frame?
It doesn't make me wonder. Barrett didn't show any indication he was a first grade coach in his three years at Manly. During his time at the Dogs, he had the excuse of a poor roster in his first year but they were no better at the end of the season than the start. There would have been some improvement over the course of the season if Barrett had been any good. This year, with 8 new players - 5 of them of genuine quality (TPJ, JAC, Vaughan, King and Burton) - the team was worse than ever during Barrett's coaching, and actually deteriorated as the season wore on.

It might take Ciraldo 5 years to coach us to a premiership, but we shall be in the premiership conversation well before then, and we can expect to see improvement every year.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez..according to you we're fucked lol @Gus help!!

-Jacko will play on he isn't going to retire(wouldn't be too upset if he did though), may actually be needed with our current roster for 2023 looking borderline thin for forward troops.
-I reckon knockers are too harsh on TPJ he should go great next year, was never gonna be a beast every game and this isn't a newly developed trait.Malla seems to have some inside word on the guy but I'm giving him benefit of the doubt at this stage, fatherhood may subtly change the guy too(haven't heard any news on the baby hope all is good there?)..if he does not go so well at least there is another highly paid forward to get roasted week after week..have to keep the kennel fed for ***** to pot.
-Thommo I've never seen so much speculation etc on a player, if I had a dollar for every statement he is gone, shit, soft, etc..I'd have enough for a 2 week holiday somewhere nice easily lol.Granted some things of his own doing have painted a target on his back I'm trusting the concussion story while seemingly baffling as to how could it be so..is true.
Remains to be seen but I'm assuming he is staying at this stage and hopefully has a big season next year.
-Think your quite wrong on King he is a very good linebending prop, him and Vaughan have been diamonds around some rocks or rocky patches.
-Kiks will be fantastic mate, we still kind of need a better 7 so the combination with him and Burto can flourish but he will be very good.

Where an error has been made with our forwards imo actually maybe two, 1.not re-signing Vaughan definitely and 2.I'm very iffy on Sutton hopefully he kicks on under Ciraldo.
Hopefully we didn't pay much for Sutton, he isn't much better than what we have