Official Gus on Twitter

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
All fair points and I agree with all but to suggest it was the reason we lost (not saying you’re suggesting that, others have in this thread) is ludicrous.
I don't think we would have won at Olympic Park (I noted that right up front in my original post) but we put ourselves at a disadvantage playing Cowboys in Bundaberg

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think we would have won at Olympic Park (I noted that right up front in my original post) but we put ourselves at a disadvantage playing Cowboys in Bundaberg
yeh agree, we gave it a good crack yesterday. Just need win friday night, i think there will be a few changes

poochy

New Pup
Reaction score
Mate please stop posting generic tweets here. This is a Gus Twitter feed page. Most people are blocked by him so we can’t see his tweets normally. So come here
We can see the other bulldogs tweets ourselves on Twitter :grinning:
I hardly put anything on twitter, have met Gus a couple of times he followed me and has just blocked me? No idea why.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When I know, fans will know...........yeah right. How dumb does he think we are FFS?
Expect Gus to finalise new coach by 31st October with official announcement to fans by 11.59pm ready for pre-season lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty accurate.
The cows were a class above us and never looked like losing even when we were in front.
They always looked like they would find enough points to pull away when needed.
We did well to make a game of it.
Would not have mattered where the game was played.
Exactly. Unfortunately, as fans we have become so accustomed to losing that we search for excuses anytime we do.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's all relative.

It's a high intensity game and 23 degrees is hot when you compare it with the 15 or 16 degrees or whatever down in Sydney the games have been played in.

From your post it looks like you are based in QLD so may not be aware of exactly what the winter has been like in Sydney.

The Bulldogs players are not used to playing in 23 degrees right now.

Like I said in my original post, the Bulldogs probably would not have won even if the home game were played in Sydney but compared with the temperatures they have been used to playing and training in, 23 degrees is hot.
Haha seriously? Mate, it was only 23 degrees. This is hardly stifling heat regardless of what your used to. Had it been 30 degrees and high humidity, then maybe you would have a point. But it wasnt.
Every second week the cowboys play a game in townsville. So does this mean that every team should boycott playing in townsville due to the heat? Or what about the warriors having to adjust to playing in oz right now?
Your clutching at straws. The players would have been stoked to enjoy a few days in 23 degree temperatures. Im pretty sure they travelled up several days early too.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Haha seriously? Mate, it was only 23 degrees. This is hardly stifling heat regardless of what your used to. Had it been 30 degrees and high humidity, then maybe you would have a point. But it wasnt.
Every second week the cowboys play a game in townsville. So does this mean that every team should boycott playing in townsville due to the heat? Or what about the warriors having to adjust to playing in oz right now?
Your clutching at straws. The players would have been stoked to enjoy a few days in 23 degree temperatures. Im pretty sure they travelled up several days early too.
You are right - the humidity and temperature on the bright and sunny game day in Bundaberg, which is 1,275km north of Sydney would have been the same as in Sydney and the Bulldogs players who are based in Sydney, would not have noticed any difference.

And yes the Bulldogs travelling up to Bundaberg a few days early would have removed any and all effects of their playing and training in very cold temperatures in Sydney for many months.

Thanks for correcting me.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon Gus is choosing not to announce it because Fox had reported 2 weeks ago that Ciraldo would be announced last week and he’s just sticking it to them and making them wait lol
Not announcing a coach out of spite and resentment? Nah, I think he is a bit more professional than that.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You reckon?? Go google some of his past antics. Gus is the most petty dog around and I love it.
Bigger picture. I know what your saying but I truley beleive he would place what is in the best interest of the Club before petty fighting with the drunk fuck and co.

Malla

Reaction score
Bigger picture. I know what your saying but I truley beleive he would place what is in the best interest of the Club before petty fighting with the drunk fuck and co.
Agree with that but it has nothing to do with Gus choosing not to announce it this week or next week.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
It's just ensuring that the new coach has no spotlight at this time of year. Players can focus on the job at hand. Don't need the media saying whats happening with the new coach each second of the day before he has even started. And if it's Ciraldo, then he has a job to do at the Panthers, and that should be his focus (plus get any good juniors to join the Bulldogs).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Technically" Gus may have a few irons in the fire eg head coach, assistants, high performance fitness trainers etc etc...a whole new regime and jig saw puzzle to co-ordinate with possibly several parties leaving their clubs who will be involved in this years run up to the finals and beyond.

Gus has said he will get it all in place to best help the new coach and staff and sort our weaknesses

It will all be presented in a well organised professional presentation when it's best placed to do so.

Be happy it's all in hand.

We wait :grinning:

Last edited: