Official Gus on Twitter

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am not sure why you seem to think he would automatically follow his dad even though he is contracted here next year and on 500k a year.... In any case, if we did let him go, we would be stuck without a halfback, with no viable replacement on the market. In short, your hatred for Flano is impeding your cognitive function
what? Does this mean you aren't really the Bulldogs' halfback?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kade Dykes is debuting for the Sharks at fullback this weekend.
Apparently Gus was pretty deep in negotiations to get him over for next year to play fullback.
But he knocked us back and signed a 2 yr extension with the Sharks.
Not surprised he re-signed with the Sharks, his Dad & GF also played for them so he is 3rd generation Shark. Interestingly, his father played for 5 clubs in 5 years.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not surprised he re-signed with the Sharks, his Dad & GF also played for them so he is 3rd generation Shark. Interestingly, his father played for 5 clubs in 5 years.
I thought Dogs were after Lachie Miller- who is now 18 th man.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kade Dykes is debuting for the Sharks at fullback this weekend.
Apparently Gus was pretty deep in negotiations to get him over for next year to play fullback.
But he knocked us back and signed a 2 yr extension with the Sharks.
Gus always scouring if it not working out he knocks on the Doggie's door.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that adam dykes’ kid?

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, just lethargic/covid hangover I reckon..when JMK makes that break in the first set we had the ball…Jake would usually be pushing up
Not that JMK would pass it to anyone though….

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still ran 160m, had a try involvement (and scored a try that was disallowed).......
I am referring to the incident in which Flanagan flick passed to King, who appeared to fumble the ball backward before it was picked up on the full by JMK for Jake to score. On the angles shown by the television the ball traveled back, not forward as was ruled. A decent referee (are there any?) would have at least sent it to the bunker for assessment.

I haven't seen anybody bring this up, probably because we were well on top at the time (10-0) and won anyway. Are we so accustomed to being screwed by referees that it is no longer a talking point when we win?

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am referring to the incident in which Flanagan flick passed to King, who appeared to fumble the ball backward before it was picked up on the full by JMK for Jake to score. On the angles shown by the television the ball traveled back. not forward as was ruled. A decent referee (are there any?) would have at least sent it to the bunker for assessment.

I haven't seen anybody bring this up, probably because we were well on top at the time (10-0) and won anyway.
That’s a try all day in union but never seen a similar situation given in league

Though the Knights winger can blatantly knock on and play basketball yet still not get pulled up by the ref or linesman

Malla

Reaction score
Can we add one of the after effects of Covid as dropping the ball and not pushing up in support?? Lol

I love how we are making every excuse for Averillo. I said this many times before he got Covid, he is not nailing the basics at the fullback position. While it looks great when he's in open field, his positioning is bad, defence is average, he does not make the right play in attack ie. last week called for the ball down the blindside and we were out numbered, against Tigers Flanno set him up perfectly to run through a hole the size of Sam Kasiano's gut and he just hung back 10m lol. I have a very bad feeling that Cowboys are going to expose Averillo this week. Hope I am wrong.

Malla

Reaction score
I am referring to the incident in which Flanagan flick passed to King, who appeared to fumble the ball backward before it was picked up on the full by JMK for Jake to score. On the angles shown by the television the ball traveled back, not forward as was ruled. A decent referee (are there any?) would have at least sent it to the bunker for assessment.

I haven't seen anybody bring this up, probably because we were well on top at the time (10-0) and won anyway. Are we so accustomed to being screwed by referees that it is no longer a talking point when we win?
100% it was backwards HOWEVER King should have caught that right in his bread basket.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo a lost cause hahahhaha, hes been brilliant for weeks and had a few classy touches vs knights, albeit a few dropped bombs but he ll clear that up the more he plays there, you are clueless mate
It was a joke lol, the Lebanese fullback literally dropped the ball every time he touched it, even his try was a knock on but they missed it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can we add one of the after effects of Covid as dropping the ball and not pushing up in support?? Lol

I love how we are making every excuse for Averillo. I said this many times before he got Covid, he is not nailing the basics at the fullback position. While it looks great when he's in open field, his positioning is bad, defence is average, he does not make the right play in attack ie. last week called for the ball down the blindside and we were out numbered, against Tigers Flanno set him up perfectly to run through a hole the size of Sam Kasiano's gut and he just hung back 10m lol. I have a very bad feeling that Cowboys are going to expose Averillo this week. Hope I am wrong.
I think considering Baz made him train exclusively all off season at 7 should be factored in.

He is then dumped after the first two games of the season to Cup. Then he gets recalled yo play Centre where he hasn’t trained all off season and now he’s asked to be the fullback

Admittedly he looks 1000 times better at the back than he did anywhere else …last week wasn’t his best game but we didn’t concede 5 kick tries like the week before

I think he will finish the year strong and after a full summer training at 1 he will kill it next year

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's been outstanding every game and "Mutt Dafty" judges him on 2 dropped balls. Him and Pele will have a massive pre-season under their belt for 2023.
and he was recovering from COVID... even Shoupp had a poor game after COVID.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Im will to give Averillo the entire off season to get the basics right for being a full time Fullback…. So many here said this years ago to trial him at 1, but T Ballz had other ideas.
We’ll still need I believe to bring in cover for a No.1 just in case Averillo doesn’t work out or gets a long term injury. Unless Allen turns in JMK and kills it