Official Gus on Twitter

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough.

However with a good PR job and full on support from Murdoch media,/Fox, that concern could be turned around with an effective positive publicity campaign.

I just want the best coach to get us up there Top 4. Couldn't care less if it's him (but can't work if Jnr here tho).

They all cut corners, cheat etc so I put the club's success before my own scruples lol.

If he starts winning games for his new club it will all be forgotten like it has with druggo, DV players, salary cap cheating coaches etc and that club's Board will be getting slapped on the back for hiring him.

There's no hard and fast ethics where sporting or company success is concerned.
It won't happen...
Imagine the infighting between Gus Ch 9 and Flano FOXTEL :fearscream:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It won't happen...
I pondered all that but aren't Flanno and Gus friends? It was reported as such?

We'll just have to wait a bit longer for our coach mystery to be revealed lol

I think we're all getting a bit over it.

Similar to the issue of whether we get a fair go from corrupt or biased refs and whether the betting in rugby league is manipulated :grinning:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could it be possible we are attempting to finalise an entirely new coaching lineup, before announcing the entire new lineup for 2023?

Or possibly one involving Potter and 2 others, with Potter staying on as Asst/Consultant Coach?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gorgeous Gus is in on Friday Race 3 at Broome, i wonder if Gus has blackbooked it lol.
Wont be any big odds but possibly the topweight City Regal will start favourite so $3 or better might be on offer.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank fick. Need them both asap hopefully this week for titans. We can’t lose this 1. We just can’t. This is the game.
Yep agree this is MUST win(as are several more games before season end I reckon)and I ain't feeling that confident to be honest...not sure why.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It won't happen...
IF SFlanagan got the job as head coach he would give up his Foxtel work, far too much conflict of interest. Can’t comment in his own team or players, can’t comment of his team’s opposition, coach or its players. Severing the Foxtel relationship (contractual notice period) COULD be the reason for delaying any announcement.

Plenty of theories to go around.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus has also lied a thousand times to the media so I take everything Gus says publicly with a giant mountain of salt
I don’t know that Gould flat out lies, I do know that he is very adept at telling the truth (as he knows it at the time) but at the same time not telling the whole truth. For example, “have you spoken to XXXX’s manager” …… “No”. That’s the truth, but the whole truth would be “No, but I have spoken to XXXX himself”. Look at his responses on Twitter, they very explicitly answer the question (the truth) but very rarely does he expand on that (the whole truth).

Always a Bulldog

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
IF SFlanagan got the job as head coach he would give up his Foxtel work, far too much conflict of interest. Can’t comment in his own team or players, can’t comment of his team’s opposition, coach or its players. Severing the Foxtel relationship (contractual notice period) COULD be the reason for delaying any announcement.

Always a Bulldog
That’s a really good theory

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
S. Flanagan isn't our preferred option Ceraldo is, this is my theory :-)
Like you said, plenty of theories going around and that is a damn good thing, it's a result of a tight-knit work relationship between J. Khoury Gould and Warburton...It's sending Lies unLtd nuts :laughing:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I doubt that's the reason though. They just don't want the media hammering whomever it is before they actually start. They will be asking questions continually on week to week performances and players they have no control over currently. Best just to keep it all inhouse and get anyone who is coming to sign NDA's and the like. I'm pretty sure everything is already lined up.