Official Gus on Twitter

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Unbelievably I am both blocked and followed simultaneously by Gus.. that has got to be a first!
Sadly our brief, but wonderful mutual follow relationship has ended..I don’t know why… I’m still a follower..but Gus has gone through his ‘following group’ and culled it, and I’m gone.. :cry:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has also lied a thousand times to the media so I take everything Gus says publicly with a giant mountain of salt
100% correct.

If he gets Ciraldo he will spin some sort of line about him being an experienced coach. He has been coaching for 10 years so he will say something like :

I said it was a job for an experienced coach. I never said he needed to have coached NRL before.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is the club can't afford to fuck up this next appointment or the fans will tear them a new one.

They cannot take a gamble on an untested coach at NRL level, only to have them fail like Barrett.

Potter isn't coming back a second time around to save our arse if they stuff the decision up.

At least with an experienced coach you can say "well they had success in the past with <club>".

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That chammas **** is such a little rat. He even looks like one.
Deadset bottom feeder. I know a bloke who owns a couple of restaurants in the CB area where Dogs players will go to eat sometimes after training (particularly the younger fellas without kids etc) and Chammas rings him looking for ‘scoops’ like did they act up or what were they talking about or did someone let something slip in terms of their relationship/future with the club. Old mate gives him the same response every time: ‘They ate, they paid, they left’ :-).

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he had about 12 games as head coach
He coached Penrith under 20's for 2 years in 2015 and 2016. They won it in 2015 and got rolled in the GF the next year.

He then moved to assistant and obviously coached those games in 2018 when Griffith got chopped

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus said it perfectly. “They just fire guns out hoping they’ll hit something”.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a sneaky feeling it is flanno

Just been so so so quiet now. Just because ciraldo never turned us down doesn’t mean his still in the hunt. Remember tigers didn’t get him… warriors won’t go for him cause his in Aus and probably doesn’t want any other role other than a Sydney club.

close with Gus. So I’m sticking to the guns and saying flanno. Surely the players know already maybe because it’s made them want to play for Him and mick potter might be assistant along with ennis as well

That would Be a good change of coaching staff

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanagan's best chance of a head coaching gig was Wests, who passed him over in for a 71 year old and a former fan favorite who hasn't coached before. As you rightly point out, fans demand accountability from their boards, and no board, unless they are as desperate as Wests, will overlook the stain on Flanagan's record.

I feel sorry for Flanagan. He can coach, and I don't think he was the prime mover in the peptide scandal - he was just caught up in events! But, if I was on a football club board, I wouldn't be voting for him either.
You're on the right track regarding Flanagan. As I mentioned in another thread, I believe Gus/Board has already decided on the new coach some time ago. Will likely go experienced and conservative. If Potter can maintain the rage, extend him 1 year for 2023. Then go after Sticky Ricky or Todd P in 2024 (both come off contract). Not my preference (that's Flanagan Snr). I feel Gus / Board will go conservative route. Ciraldo to me, seems like another potential Baz waiting to happen. Hard sell.

Malla

Reaction score

Just been so so so quiet now. Just because ciraldo never turned us down doesn’t mean his still in the hunt. Remember tigers didn’t get him… warriors won’t go for him cause his in Aus and probably doesn’t want any other role other than a Sydney club.

close with Gus. So I’m sticking to the guns and saying flanno. Surely the players know already maybe because it’s made them want to play for Him and mick potter might be assistant along with ennis as well

Yeah could also see this happening as well.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Can only hope hes definitely the best candidate available and has a bit of mongrel

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus is the master of subterfuge lol.

Ciraldo? OR Flanno Snr? OR ?

Gus says he's cleaning up for next coach, to make us more viable for next season. That scenario would be more crucial to get Ciraldo over, so looks more like Ciraldo now....as Flanno would be used to cleaning up and re-setting teams.

Then again no one would be surprised if he pulled a new coach outa no where lol.

All will be revealed when Gus is good and ready.
New minute, Nasheed puts his NFL/NRL dreams on hold to coach the bulldogs! Lol

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last cartoon I watched was probably Marine Boy or the Whacky Races..(insert old). These days doco's, sport, a little news, and more sport fill my TV time.
Personally I am a Rocky and Bullwinkle fan, but I have been known to enjoy an episode or three from Drawn Together.