Official Gus on Twitter

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thank fick. Need them both asap hopefully this week for titans. We can’t lose this 1. We just can’t. This is the game.
NRL physio just said probably a few weeks

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus doing what every bloke on the planet does when cornered with the truth....change the subject. Nice
Gus is the master of subterfuge lol.

Ciraldo? OR Flanno Snr? OR ?

Gus says he's cleaning up for next coach, to make us more viable for next season. That scenario would be more crucial to get Ciraldo over, so looks more like Ciraldo now....as Flanno would be used to cleaning up and re-setting teams.

Then again no one would be surprised if he pulled a new coach outa no where lol.

All will be revealed when Gus is good and ready.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Flanaghan, wherever he is appointed, and he will be for sure, will need to sit down with Buzz or Kenty (lol) for an in-depth interview and explanation of his peptide/coaching ban... as the new club's fans will demand it of their Board.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanaghan, wherever he is appointed, and he will be for sure, will need to sit down with Buzz or Kenty (lol) for an in-depth interview and explanation of his peptide/coaching ban... as the new club's fans will demand it of their Board.
Flanagan's best chance of a head coaching gig was Wests, who passed him over in for a 71 year old and a former fan favorite who hasn't coached before. As you rightly point out, fans demand accountability from their boards, and no board, unless they are as desperate as Wests, will overlook the stain on Flanagan's record.

I feel sorry for Flanagan. He can coach, and I don't think he was the prime mover in the peptide scandal - he was just caught up in events! But, if I was on a football club board, I wouldn't be voting for him either.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan's best chance of a head coaching gig was Wests, who passed him over in for a 71 year old and a former fan favorite who hasn't coached before. As you rightly point out, fans demand accountability from their boards, and no board, unless they are as desperate as Wests, will overlook the stain on Flanagan's record.

I feel sorry for Flanagan. He can coach, and I don't think he was the prime mover in the peptide scandal - he was just caught up in events! But, if I was on a football club board, I wouldn't be voting for him either.
Fair enough.

However with a good PR job and full on support from Murdoch media,/Fox, that concern could be turned around with an effective positive publicity campaign.

I just want the best coach to get us up there Top 4. Couldn't care less if it's him (but can't work if Jnr here tho).

They all cut corners, cheat etc so I put the club's success before my own scruples lol.

If he starts winning games for his new club it will all be forgotten like it has with druggo, DV players, salary cap cheating coaches etc and that club's Board will be getting slapped on the back for hiring him.

There's no hard and fast ethics where sporting or company success is concerned.