Official Gus on Twitter

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
By far the 2 best in Nsw cup that has 1st grade written all over them,Makatoa will be playing 1st grade don't worry about that

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bench of RFM, ZDC, Stimson and Morrin doesn’t really work. Especially against teams with good packs. Are there any props that we can use from NSW cup. What happened to Billy Tsikrikas
Season ending injury good prospect he is though

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is it dragging on? Gus said by September. Wait til then
When several other clubs have sacked their coach, and there are others who may not be far from being sacked, if we don't pull our fingers out we'll be back to square one with rookie coaches again.

On the flipside if they already have a coach signed, quit wasting time and announce it already.

The whole team won’t play next week based on the bye….
Good point, I should have said next game.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When several other clubs have sacked their coach, and there are others who may not be far from being sacked, if we don't pull our fingers out we'll be back to square one with rookie coaches again.

On the flipside if they already have a coach signed, quit wasting time and announce it already.
I have never doubted that a deal was done with a new coach before Baz was booted. They won't announce it because the new coach has existing commitments that are due to finish in September. Also, they don't want to make it too obvious that they had a replacement lined up before Baz went because it would look a bit unsavory and conniving.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never doubted that a deal was done with a new coach before Baz was booted. They won't announce it because the new coach has existing commitments that are due to finish in September. Also, they don't want to make it too obvious that they had a replacement lined up before Baz went because it would look a bit unsavory and conniving.
That's about the only possible scenario that would make sense, however I wonder who they could have signed if that is the case.

Looking at this (https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/coaches/) it would appear the only coaching staff member that has experience and is not contracted past 2022 season, is Stephen Kearney (currently working with Melb Storm).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's about the only possible scenario that would make sense, however I wonder who they could have signed if that is the case.

Looking at this (https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/coaches/) it would appear the only coaching staff member that has experience and is not contracted past 2022 season, is Stephen Kearney (currently working with Melb Storm).
Gus hinted he doesn't have to be off-contract. Maybe explains why there is no announcement.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reackon he has gone after bellamy pitching to be a great coach need to prove you can win premierships at other clubs ie wayne bennett

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reackon he has gone after bellamy pitching to be a great coach need to prove you can win premierships at other clubs ie wayne bennett
I am not sure if its Bellamy - but more and more I get the feeling he's going to offer Potter a 1 year extension and aim for a coach off contract next year.

Perhaps a Payten?

He got decent results taking over mid-season from the Warriors, and has turned the Cowboys around after a single season. He made tough decisions with the roster, including some that were considered bizarre (signing players virtually of same stature in Dearden and Townsend) .. but he has that team singing at the moment.

Malla

Reaction score
I am not sure if its Bellamy - but more and more I get the feeling he's going to offer Potter a 1 year extension and aim for a coach off contract next year.

Perhaps a Payten?

He got decent results taking over mid-season from the Warriors, and has turned the Cowboys around after a single season. He made tough decisions with the roster, including some that were considered bizarre (signing players virtually of same stature in Dearden and Townsend) .. but he has that team singing at the moment.
Could be but I think it was a very generic comment from Gus in that the contract could be as an assistant (Ciraldo) or coaching the blues (Fittler) - surely it's between those 2, worst case Potter for 1 more year.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
have a feeling gus has had a chat to Ciraldo and told him to cool off for 12 months

Potter re-signed for 1 year with a handshake for Ciraldo to come 2024

Settle the squad in and start building foundations of how we want to play and finish in that 8-12 range so CC has something to work with when coming in

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
have a feeling gus has had a chat to Ciraldo and told him to cool off for 12 months

Potter re-signed for 1 year with a handshake for Ciraldo to come 2024

Settle the squad in and start building foundations of how we want to play and finish in that 8-12 range so CC has something to work with when coming in
I hope not tbh how bad will it look if potter gets the squad firing that ciraldo didn’t want because he thinks hes the next bellamy

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope not tbh how bad will it look if potter gets the squad firing that ciraldo didn’t want because he thinks hes the next bellamy
I don’t think it’s ideal but realistically

Bellamy, Cleary, Trent - not happening
Arthur - maybe but chances have to be slim
Demetriou, fitzgibbon, payten, Walters, griffin - all new to their club
Rest - no better than Potter

If Ciraldo ticks all the boxes I don’t think we should be scared off just because Baz didn’t work out, especially when options are so slim